The Xbox Series X/S Official Thread

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
If the Series S doesn't make sense to you, you aren't the target audience.
The Series S shouldn't exist. The only reason it does is so they can say a current generation console starts at $299.

I mean it does let people who can't afford $500 continue on but you know there's gonna be a price to be paid for that.

They are getting an inferior product. In some cases like gaming on a PC it makes sense to offer such products but consoles are supposed to be closed box standardized. That leaves those buyers with a substandard experience.

The G.O.D II

A ha ha
Supporter
Daps
Apparently lots of people are buying them

There’s a good chunk of those are just people settling for basically a consolation prize. Fact of the matter is they shouldn’t have dropped it at launch. Especially with their strained production and the fact that a lot of people don’t have the x even when they preordered day one. Like me :beli:

The G.O.D II

A ha ha
Supporter
Daps
If the Series S doesn't make sense to you, you aren't the target audience.
I know the target audience from Ms point of view is a game pass streamer with the occasional COD/Madden. But what if you by chance want more? Now you are stuck having to buy storage for a weaker console when you could have just copped a regular X. That’s why this should have been introduced after the X.

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
I know the target audience from Ms point of view is a game pass streamer with the occasional COD/Madden. But what if you by chance want more? Now you are stuck having to buy storage for a weaker console when you could have just copped a regular X. That’s why this should have been introduced after the X.
It holds like 5 major AAA games and struggles to do that. Like I said inferior experience. People will shortsightedly buy it because they like the price point buy for a 6-7 year purchase some things are worth paying a bit more for.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
There’s a good chunk of those are just people settling for basically a consolation prize. Fact of the matter is they shouldn’t have dropped it at launch. Especially with their strained production and the fact that a lot of people don’t have the x even when they preordered day one. Like me :beli:
They put out a statistic saying the majority of Series S buyers were new to Xbox.

It’s just a whole different market that usually is not there on launch day.
It holds like 5 major AAA games and struggles to do that. Like I said inferior experience. People will shortsightedly buy it because they like the price point buy for a 6-7 year purchase some things are worth paying a bit more for.
Some people just don’t care. Lots of people still gaming on 1080p sets. Would make no sense for them to splurge on a series X. Some people will only buy 4-5 games throughout the entire time they have the system.

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
They put out a statistic saying the majority of Series S buyers were new to Xbox.

It’s just a whole different market that usually is not there on launch day.

Some people just don’t care. Lots of people still gaming on 1080p sets. Would make no sense for them to splurge on a series X. Some people will only buy 4-5 games throughout the entire time they have the system.
If you're buying a game console and over the 6-7 year life you only bought 4-5 games you have no real value to the console maker. You aren't really a profitable customer for them.

Brief Keef

Superstar
Daps
thats where common sense and doing your homework comes in