The Xbox Series X/S Official Thread

NotAnFBIagent

[redacted]
Daps
NOOOOOOO!!!! NO HDMI output too! :noah::damn::mindblown::sadbron:

That was one of the coldest parts of the last one

That mystery input will be something spectacular, and I'll be bummed out if there is no TV connection like now because i like getting game invites while watching TV. Underrated feature, only on xbox...

this was just a prototype...I remember reading it will have one unless they changed their mind :lupe: I honestly don’t see them getting rid of it tho

I'd be highly disappointed if they don't include the HDMI in features in the next Xbox
Honestly after them backtracking on the snap and media features that made the Xbox one unique in the first place I see little reason to stick with them over the ps5 next gen if they want to compete solely on a game console basis

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
I'd be highly disappointed if they don't include the HDMI in features in the next Xbox
Honestly after them backtracking on the snap and media features that made the Xbox one unique in the first place I see little reason to stick with them over the ps5 next gen if they want to compete solely on a game console basis
I wouldn't expect HDMI in to be on the new Xbox.

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
Dumb on their part when they can't compete with PlayStation's exclusives
It's from when there was a different focus for the console. Cable TV is dying and Xbox abandoned TV functionality. Why would it need it?

Hell I got a message on my Windows 8.1 Media Center PC that Microsoft is discontinuing the guide data for my HD HomeRun Prime setup. I think it's a wrap for all that TV stuff they were pushing.

NotAnFBIagent

[redacted]
Daps
It's from when there was a different focus for the console. Cable TV is dying and Xbox abandoned TV functionality. Why would it need it?

Hell I got a message on my Windows 8.1 Media Center PC that Microsoft is discontinuing the guide data for my HD HomeRun Prime setup. I think it's a wrap for all that TV stuff they were pushing.
Cause it adds value to their console and a way to differentiate them from PlayStation for relatively little work. The one box for everything vision they had for the one wasn't bad, they just fumbled the execution.

If we're going strictly gaming console then why should someone choose them when PlayStation makes a console that is just as capable with better exclusives?

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
Cause it adds value to their console and a way to differentiate them from PlayStation for relatively little work. The one box for everything vision they had for the one wasn't bad, they just fumbled the execution.

If we're going strictly gaming console then why should someone choose them when PlayStation makes a console that is just as capable with better exclusives?
It cost them extra money for a feature almost nobody uses. The second port had input lag and most people's TVs and or AV receivers have HDMI ports.

That second HDMI port was so you can plug in your cable box and use Xbox's TV guide. I'm surprised the One X kept it.

NotAnFBIagent

[redacted]
Daps
It cost them extra money for a feature almost nobody uses. The second port had input lag and most people's TVs and or AV receivers have HDMI ports.

That second HDMI port was so you can plug in your cable box and use Xbox's TV guide. I'm surprised the One X kept it.

A good bit of people chose the one over the ps4 for the media features like I said. I use it daily with my cable box with no issue and had my other consoles plugged into it for convenience. The cost to add the HDMI in is negligible in the grand scheme of things

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
Why not

it was one of their dopest features
Because it was specifically made so you could plug up a cable box to your Xbox and Microsoft has moved away from that. Sure there will be people that still use that but from Microsoft's perspective it's not worth keeping.

Nobody's purchase decision is going to be based on the box having an HDMI in port. It's like the IR blasters Samsung used to put on their phones.

Last I knew you had to have the Xbox on just to use that port. That's why I stopped using it. I'd rather just plug my cable box up to the TV than always need that system on.

PS5 Pro

DC looking a 1/2 seed right about nuh
Daps
Reppin
The Original Rec Room Gang
This

Bruh, you don't know what you're talking about. Im watching TV right, my homies are all jumping online to play say.. call of duty. My kids watching PJ Masks or some shyt when an invite comes across my screen to join a party and or game. I look at my kids and go :camby:

You can't do that on playstation, xbox helps me be a more efficient bad dad :obama:

Input lag, really bruh :stopitslime: yes it exist on levels you can't see. Would only apply to tournament level competition, but you saying people don't use the feature is based on your a$$hole :manny: why wouldn't anyone use the feature is my question to you. You've seen the replies in this thread mostly not agree with you. Please don't tell me the xbox didn't sell better because of that... that's a line Sony fanboys would say because they were envious. They say that kind of shyt about every xbox feature they don't have and they always will

NotAnFBIagent

[redacted]
Daps
No need for HDMI in for the future.

What y’all trying to plug into your Xbox?:dahell:

when the HDMI in feature was announced it was already outdated.

You got a cable box in 2020 you lost:scust:
Act like millions of people don't have cable boxes or other consoles brehs
You probably don't even have an Xbox to begin with though