The Xbox Series X/S Official Thread

TripleAgent

FBA. ZayK
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore
Frankly, none of the launch (or potential launch) games for either system excited me. Couldn't give a shyt about Halo so that was never going to sell me the console. Spiderman just doesn't interest me, and I never had fun with the Souls games. Never played Ratchet and Clank and that gameplay didn't wow me. Looks nice but you'll never sell me on a game simply because it looks nice. So the games, games, games stuff, I really don't care.

I pre-ordered the Series X because I'm in the ecosystem and will continue to be in the ecosystem. I still have games I'm playing and will continue to play. It makes no sense to not upgrade at this point since I've been running with the Original Xbox One for like 4 or 5 years now, or whatever the time has been. Currently, my only reason for wanting a PS5 is for Ghost of Tsushima... a last gen game :skip:. This console war bullshyt is for MFs that just want to belong. Way beyond sad at this point.
Agreed besides Halo, I'm all about that shyt.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
Yakuza gonna be my first physical purchase since the X1 launch :wow:

Want to have a physical disc to install so I can have something to play while I deal with the inevitable launch day network fukkery.

O.T.I.S.

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
The Truth
Frankly, none of the launch (or potential launch) games for either system excited me. Couldn't give a shyt about Halo so that was never going to sell me the console. Spiderman just doesn't interest me, and I never had fun with the Souls games. Never played Ratchet and Clank and that gameplay didn't wow me. Looks nice but you'll never sell me on a game simply because it looks nice. So the games, games, games stuff, I really don't care.

I pre-ordered the Series X because I'm in the ecosystem and will continue to be in the ecosystem. I still have games I'm playing and will continue to play. It makes no sense to not upgrade at this point since I've been running with the Original Xbox One for like 4 or 5 years now, or whatever the time has been. Currently, my only reason for wanting a PS5 is for Ghost of Tsushima... a last gen game :skip:. This console war bullshyt is for MFs that just want to belong. Way beyond sad at this point.
Basically this

O.T.I.S.

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
The Truth
123741456_3567927696598302_3341968214294134122_o.jpg

The above is from IGN

The only knock on the console is something that the console creators couldn't control. They've created the perfect console, to this point. Development is something that will come. The quality of life improvements like increased resolution and frame rate are more than enough for me. Far different from when Nintendo launched with Super Mario 64 on the N64 but then those game droughts hit. Do we celebrate the console that launched with a milestone game but overall has an uneven catalog in total or is it the console that has good-great games at launch but the library will inevitably shine when its all said and done.

I understand looking at the "reviews" because they drive revenue but perspective needs to be applied too. Focus on what is objectively in stone and hedge of subjectivity. Did Microsoft accomplish whatever they needed to do with the console,namely the XSX, compared to its peers, considering time & place, etc. It did and they did it in spades. A console review should try to bring into scope, 7-8 years, not one day.

That said, this should be a lesson for Microsoft for the future based on reception of the new consoles. However, the future is super bright.
Came in here to post this

basically, only thing bad IGN stated was no “true next gen games” despite it upscaling damn near every game you play on it and there being next gen versions of games already playable on it (2k, etc.)

Its ok, but sounds like they’re blaming Xbox for this. And the games are coming literally within weeks. I get that the system should’ve probably had one true system seller but shouldn’t take away from the actual hardware... and honestly, I probably wasn’t going to get Halo either

Last edited:

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
Came in here to post this

basically, only thing bad IGN stated was no “true next gen games” despite it upscaling damn near every game you play on it and there being next gen versions of games already playable on it immu(2k, etc.)

Its ok, but sounds like they’re blaming Xbox for this. And games are coming literally within weeks. O get that the game should’ve probably had one true system seller but shouldn’t take away from the actual hardware... and honestly, I probably wasn’t going to get Halo either
It’s just a matter of narratives.

Microsoft could have made some shrewd moves to have some games to dangle as “next gen launch” games. But ultimately you don’t buy a console for the few games that come out the day it launches.

This is hardware, you buy it at launch cause you want better hardware.

O.T.I.S.

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
The Truth
It’s just a matter of narratives.

Microsoft could have made some shrewd moves to have some games to dangle as “next gen launch” games. But ultimately you don’t buy a console for the few games that come out the day it launches.

This is hardware, you buy it at launch cause you want better hardware.
This and tbh, there isn’t a game I’m checking for on PS5 either. Demon Souls is probably the only “next gen” console game but I feel like it will eventually be released on PC as well as it being a remake... And it’s ANOTHER rpg. Once you’re done you’re done most likely

MM is on PS4 and most people never beat the first one. I can get it on PS4 if I wanted it...

Like someone said, I’m getting an Xbox for the next gen experience in the ecosystem I’m in. The games will come eventually like you’re saying, but you’re buying the hardware for the hardware

Darkman

Pro
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Anybody who ordered from Walmart, Download the FedEx app and sign up with your Information, it will show you pending Delivery from Walmart..... I can see my 2 Ps5 already shipped