The Xbox Series X/S Official Thread

Leasy

Let's add some Alizarin Crimson & Van Dyke Brown
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Philly (BYRD GANG)
I guess they are saying that their value proposition is to have some new and shiny and have games that the predecessors have. For everyone, it is different. It isn't the same for me. There are so many games that I held off on for this console so for now, it may feel like I'm playing on PC while just upping the specs but that is great for me. The capabilities of both of these consoles are so far beyond what was able to be done in this generation so I'm willing to look past things like Halo not being there for example. As I say, the console is still the console. It plays multiple generations of games, most have improved immensely and will be the best place to play 3rd party games in addition to what Microsoft will put out. Seems like a must buy to me.

Exactly but they are acting like fanboys. Just say as of now you can't justify the purchase for the device due to their being no games... these dudes starting coming at the controller n shyt and dashboard lol

Malik1time

What you looking at?
Daps
Reppin
Queens
it bugs me how halo infinite had to be pushed back:unimpressed::unimpressed:
that game would of being a huge launch title but damn:francis::francis: i hope xbox can have more exclusive sooner than later:francis:
im trynna cop the X early next year but i wanna see more games

Malik1time

What you looking at?
Daps
Reppin
Queens
Exactly but they are acting like fanboys. Just say as of now you can't justify the purchase for the device due to their being no games... these dudes starting coming at the controller n shyt and dashboard lol
i dont know why anyone would complain:mjlol::mjlol::mjlol:
xbox controller being the best the past 2 generations:mjlol::yeshrug: if aint broke dont fix it:yeshrug:

ball15life

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The unknown
I guess they are saying that their value proposition is to have some new and shiny and have games that the predecessors have. For everyone, it is different. It isn't the same for me. There are so many games that I held off on for this console so for now, it may feel like I'm playing on PC while just upping the specs but that is great for me. The capabilities of both of these consoles are so far beyond what was able to be done in this generation so I'm willing to look past things like Halo not being there for example. As I say, the console is still the console. It plays multiple generations of games, most have improved immensely and will be the best place to play 3rd party games in addition to what Microsoft will put out. Seems like a must buy to me.

Agree 100% - There are plenty of games I haven't played yet that will hold me over until the newer games come out.

If they're holding exclusives against them, will they update the review once they come out?

The G.O.D II

A ha ha
Supporter
Daps
Nah, I did the shipping trick thing a couple weeks ago and it updated. I did it again for the PS5 earlier today and it updated too.

So what does this mean if changing the speed doesn’t work? Will it change automatically in the next few days? Does it mean my shyt not coming on launch day? Magnets, how do they work?

Obreh Winfrey

Truly Brehthtaking
Supporter
Daps
So what does this mean if changing the speed doesn’t work?
full

Will it change automatically in the next few days?
full

Does it mean my shyt not coming on launch day?
full

Mirrors how do they work?
ezgif-7-8f104513aadb.gif

Bubba T

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
So what does this mean if changing the speed doesn’t work? Will it change automatically in the next few days? Does it mean my shyt not coming on launch day? Magnets, how do they work?

To clarify, you went in the change shipping speed menu (assuming 2 day shipping was already selected at default) and just clicked save? This is how people have been doing it.

Also it doesn’t work for everyone at the same time. When I first saw people have been doing the trick, I tried and it didn’t work. I waited later on that same day and tried again and it worked. I’ve also been reading peoples ship times have been updating by themselves, so I wouldn’t sweat it right now.

iceberg_is_on_fire

Honolulu Blue Ski Mask Way
Daps
Reppin
Lombardi Trophies in Allen Park
123741456_3567927696598302_3341968214294134122_o.jpg

The above is from IGN

The only knock on the console is something that the console creators couldn't control. They've created the perfect console, to this point. Development is something that will come. The quality of life improvements like increased resolution and frame rate are more than enough for me. Far different from when Nintendo launched with Super Mario 64 on the N64 but then those game droughts hit. Do we celebrate the console that launched with a milestone game but overall has an uneven catalog in total or is it the console that has good-great games at launch but the library will inevitably shine when its all said and done.

I understand looking at the "reviews" because they drive revenue but perspective needs to be applied too. Focus on what is objectively in stone and hedge of subjectivity. Did Microsoft accomplish whatever they needed to do with the console,namely the XSX, compared to its peers, considering time & place, etc. It did and they did it in spades. A console review should try to bring into scope, 7-8 years, not one day.

That said, this should be a lesson for Microsoft for the future based on reception of the new consoles. However, the future is super bright.

Obreh Winfrey

Truly Brehthtaking
Supporter
Daps
Frankly, none of the launch (or potential launch) games for either system excited me. Couldn't give a shyt about Halo so that was never going to sell me the console. Spiderman just doesn't interest me, and I never had fun with the Souls games. Never played Ratchet and Clank and that gameplay didn't wow me. Looks nice but you'll never sell me on a game simply because it looks nice. So the games, games, games stuff, I really don't care.

I pre-ordered the Series X because I'm in the ecosystem and will continue to be in the ecosystem. I still have games I'm playing and will continue to play. It makes no sense to not upgrade at this point since I've been running with the Original Xbox One for like 4 or 5 years now, or whatever the time has been. Currently, my only reason for wanting a PS5 is for Ghost of Tsushima... a last gen game :skip:. This console war bullshyt is for MFs that just want to belong. Way beyond sad at this point.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Frankly, none of the launch (or potential launch) games for either system excited me. Couldn't give a shyt about Halo so that was never going to sell me the console. Spiderman just doesn't interest me, and I never had fun with the Souls games. Never played Ratchet and Clank and that gameplay didn't wow me. Looks nice but you'll never sell me on a game simply because it looks nice. So the games, games, games stuff, I really don't care.

I pre-ordered the Series X because I'm in the ecosystem and will continue to be in the ecosystem. I still have games I'm playing and will continue to play. It makes no sense to not upgrade at this point since I've been running with the Original Xbox One for like 4 or 5 years now, or whatever the time has been. Currently, my only reason for wanting a PS5 is for Ghost of Tsushima... a last gen game :skip:. This console war bullshyt is for MFs that just want to belong. Way beyond sad at this point.

I hate all the games on this console = no reason for anyone to buy this console