The Xbox Series X/S Official Thread

iceberg_is_on_fire

Honolulu Blue Ski Mask Way
Daps
Reppin
Lombardi Trophies in Allen Park
This is probably the Xbox dev kits were considered to be behind

MS: A Closer Look at How Xbox Series X|S Integrates Full AMD RDNA 2 Architecture News

My hunch here on this is that XSX and XSS have a more complete programmable Front end with mesh shaders (vs. the older primitive shader type), the Hardware VRS, and the technical hw required for the next Version of tiled resources, which is called Sampler Feedback. And I think, without saying positviely for certain, that that is why MS was so keen to make those features so prominent in their pre-release Material in the Xbox Series X. It was their hardware Feature advantage, they knew it, so they advertised it - just like how they advertised stable clocks as a thing even before Sony described the dynamic clocks to the public.

Will these advantages of a complete RDNA2 vs the PS5 GPU half way point matter? Probably.
By a lot? Meh. Let us wait for the games. And for the games over time. I think the raw flop and bandwidth will matter the most at first though as the other Features, should they prove limited to just XSX and XSS, require dedicated peogramming time to take advantage of. And multiplatform games do not always spend the resources to do that even. Unlike a faster GPU, which is just faster.

Microsoft simply waited for AMD to finish RNDA2 tech.

iceberg_is_on_fire

Daps
Reppin
I've mentioned this before but Microsoft has been paying top dollar for people to leave other studios to join theirs. This is a partial listing of who Microsoft has poached for The Initiative.

From Naughty Dog
- Sylvia Chambers ( Animator )
- Ryan Trowbridge ( Tech Art Director )
- Lee Davis ( Lead Gameplay Animator )
- Tyler Thornock ( Principal Technical Animator )
- Isaac Yeram Kim ( Concept Artist )
- Sze Jones ( Principal Character Artist )
- Francisco Aisa García ( Senior Gameplay Engineer )
- Robert Ryan ( Senior Systems Designer )
- Lauren Manuel Garcia Carro ( Senior Shader Technologies )
- Hawar Doghramachi ( Graphics Programmer )

From Sony Santa Monica
- Ian Miller ( Sr Designer )
- Kai Zheng ( Senior Level Designer )
- Erik Jakobsen ( Principal Environment Artist )
- Ray Yeomans ( Senior Designer )
- Chris O'Neill ( Lead Level Designer )
- Brian Westergaard ( Director of Production )
- Jonathan Chavez ( Associate Producer )
- Sarah Swenson ( Environment Artist )

From Crystal Dynamics
- Remi Lacoste ( Experiential Director )
- Lindsey McQueeney ( HR )
- Daniel Steamer ( Lead Technical Designer )
- Dan Neuburger ( Game Director )
- Victor Chavez ( Sr Animator )

From Insomniac Games
- Jason Priest ( Lead Artist )
- Joey Tan ( Associate Technical Designer )
- Drew Murray ( Design Director )
- Giovanni Martinez ( Senior Environment Artist )

From Respawn Entertainment
- Ben Diamand ( Lead Systems Engineer )
- Justin Perez ( Senior Systems Designer )
- Sean Slayback ( Lead Systems Designer )

From Blizzard
- Stephen Clayburn ( Principal Lead Online Services Engineer )
- Jay Combs ( Information Technology )

From id Software
- Kurt Loudy ( Sr Systems Designer )
- Maxwell Morrison ( Quality Assurance Lead )

From Infinity Ward
- Jaime Molina ( Environment Artist )
- Jolyon Myers ( Expert Designer )

From Treyarch
- Johal Gow ( Lead Producer )
- Oliver Guiney ( Concept Artist )

From 343i
- Marcia Hunsicker ( Gameplay Animator )
- William Archbell ( Technical Director )

From Activision
- Darrell Gallagher ( Studio Head )

From Sledgehammer Games
- Jon Lew ( Gameplay Engineer )

From SIE America
- Victoria Miller ( Senior Producer )

From Rockstar
- Christian Cantamessa ( Cinematics Director )

From EA Sports
- Cesar Castro ( Senior Software Engineer )

From DICE
- Eric Persson ( Associate Art Director )

From Bungie
- Christine Thompson ( Narrative Lead / Writer )

From Playground Games
- Richard Burns ( UI/UX Lead )

From BioWare
- Ryan Duffin ( Gameplay Animation Director )

From Avalanche Studios
- Justin Walters ( Senior Environment Artist )

From Epic Games
- Pasquale Scionti ( Senior Environment/Lightning Artist )

From Nexon
- Patrick Ward ( 3D Environment Artist )

From The Coalition
- Nigel Loster ( Gameplay Designer )

From Cryptic Studios
- Robert Marr ( Lead Gameplay Engineer )

From Creative Assembly
- Joshua Bermudez ( Concept Artist )

Overall, Microsoft has been doing this at all their studios but this one has been given special clearance to go all out.

Insensitive

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I've mentioned this before but Microsoft has been paying top dollar for people to leave other studios to join theirs. This is a partial listing of who Microsoft has poached for The Initiative.

Overall, Microsoft has been doing this at all their studios but this one has been given special clearance to go all out.
:to: I'm tryna see what AAAA is like :to:

iceberg_is_on_fire

Daps
Reppin
:to: I'm tryna see what AAAA is like :to:

It's coming breh

Head of Xbox Phil Spencer is Excited to Show The Initiative's Game

Commenting on The Initiative, Spencer claimed "The other one I would say is The Initiative. Which is our studio in Santa Monica. I've played what they are doing next. Just the talent we have been able to bring into that studio led by Darryl Gallagher is amazing, especially when you bring such an amazing group of creators together, and create such a culture that Darryl is working to create there."

AAAA piff :lawd:

Day_Walker

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I don't know, but I think down the line this gen, the S is going to look worse and worse. I'm trying to help that man's son out, mind ya business:hhh:
TBH I think he was right in his original post. Most under 13s aren't hardout into 4k, 60fps, raytracing etc. It's more the older generation that grew up gaming that's into that.
Sidenote: As a person that's not into console wars at all I don't think most people would be able to tell the difference between the same title on ps4 or xbox one if they were played side by side with a generic controller. Most of that shyt's only noticeable when there's comparison videos on youtube not when you're actually gaming.

Day_Walker

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I remember getting the 40 GB PS3 in middle school and thinking why the fukk my mom didn't buy the 60 GB. Didn't even have a PS2 so I didn't need the BC, I was just an entitled little shythead :heh:

So yeah kids care, they always want the most expensive shyt then the parent tells them what they're getting instead. So I don't see why an Xbox would be any different, it's just what they care about doesn't matter since they have no money lol

But I think the S has a place just like the non Pro iPhones, you're getting enough of the X at a decent price. Hardcore won't buy it but you make that box with casuals in mind in the first place so it's whatever.
Okay this is actually kinda true lol. Was just imagining my nephew who's 9 and he'll always argue to get the top the line shyt.

TripleAgent

FBA. ZayK
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore
TBH I think he was right in his original post. Most under 13s aren't hardout into 4k, 60fps, raytracing etc. It's more the older generation that grew up gaming that's into that.
Sidenote: As a person that's not into console wars at all I don't think most people would be able to tell the difference between the same title on ps4 or xbox one if they were played side by side with a generic controller. Most of that shyt's only noticeable when there's comparison videos on youtube not when you're actually gaming.

Okay this is actually kinda true lol. Was just imagining my nephew who's 9 and he'll always argue to get the top the line shyt.
:sas2:

Day_Walker

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I ain't afraid to admit when I'm wrong breh. The other breh just gave me a different perspective that kinda made sense to me. But I still stand by my first point of kids not noticing the differences. If any think it's more to do with the fact they wanna one up there friends and luckily for them some of us are in better positions than our parents were.

iceberg_is_on_fire

Daps
Reppin
I ain't afraid to admit when I'm wrong breh. The other breh just gave me a different perspective that kinda made sense to me. But I still stand by my first point of kids not noticing the differences. If any think it's more to do with the fact they wanna one up there friends and luckily for them some of us are in better positions than our parents were.

If it were simply about graphics, Minecraft and Fortnite wouldn't be where they are. Besides, the Xbox Series S has two things going for it

• It has a scaler that is pretty decent that will upscale the signal to 4K
  • As the generation proceeds, more technologies will emerge that will help the XSS like Direct ML.
All in all, it'll be fine in the long run.

As a side note, I really do hope that The Initative's game is the third party Perfect Dark game. A reboot with high end cinematics in that world would be dope.