The Xbox Series X/S Official Thread

Son Goku

Great Sage Equalling Heaven
Daps
Changes games quickly. Saves the game state to disk and recalls it upon resume.
Lets you jump in between games. No credit screens, directly back in the game where you left off. Takes an average of 7 seconds.

Gotcha. Thanks y'all.
Sounds like Imma have to buy more than one game at a time so I can use this feature. :skip:

Obreh Winfrey

Truly Brehthtaking
Supporter
Daps
Gotcha. Thanks y'all.
Sounds like Imma have to buy more than one game at a time so I can use this feature. :skip:
It's overblown in my opinion. Great feature, don't get me wrong, but I'm not really tripping about having to wait. I'm not crying over load times honestly. I don't jump between games like that.

old pig

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
have these been popping up anywhere?

hopefully they’re available in store on release day even tho that’s asking a lot

:francis:

I have enough consoles that I’ll no longer need that I can trade in which will allow me to get 2 XSXs

old pig

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Not an Xbox hater (XB is my main) but I really don't care how fast them old games load either.

I can’t pretend that I don’t (not saying/implying you are)

I tried to front like it didn’t make that much of a difference to me but this is precisely why I traded in all my PS4s for pros and X1s for X1Xs...for better performance and/or graphics on existing/upcoming games...got the PS5s...just need to secure the XSXs now :francis:

Fctftl

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
have these been popping up anywhere?

hopefully they’re available in store on release day even tho that’s asking a lot

:francis:

I have enough consoles that I’ll no longer need that I can trade in which will allow me to get 2 XSXs
Let me know if you cant find one by launch. If i can get an extra I’ll sell at msrp, wont upcharge(think it was 524 bucks(thats with tax) from amazon.

TripleAgent

FBA. ZayK
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore
I can’t pretend that I don’t (not saying/implying you are)

I tried to front like it didn’t make that much of a difference to me but this is precisely why I traded in all my PS4s for pros and X1s for X1Xs...for better performance and/or graphics on existing/upcoming games...got the PS5s...just need to secure the XSXs now :francis:

You must not play anything complex and/or online, like Destiny. The difference and experience is night and day with the regular SSD I have in my X1X. Going to SSD is mostly why I am not waiting to buy, and have zero complaints on the price. The usability of everything will be amazing.

Son Goku

Great Sage Equalling Heaven
Daps
You must not play anything complex and/or online, like Destiny. The difference and experience is night and day with the regular SSD I have in my X1X. Going to SSD is mostly why I am not waiting to buy, and have zero complaints on the price. The usability of everything will be amazing.

I assumed a game like D2 would still have some type of loading, not from a hardware standpoint but because everything has to be synced with the servers before starting play.

If that's still true, then it's not as big of a deal to me. If it is true, it'd make a nice little difference in a few games at least. :ehh:

TripleAgent

FBA. ZayK
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore
I assumed a game like D2 would still have some type of loading, not from a hardware standpoint but because everything has to be synced with the servers before starting play.

If that's still true, then it's not as big of a deal to me. If it is true, it'd make a nice little difference in a few games at least. :ehh:
There's videos on it now. The menus and such perform almost as fast as the PC version, and load times are cut like 60 to 70 percent. My whatever whatever SSD made the game way more playable, as you spend way less time sitting and waiting. and, these are unmatched, unoptimized games just benefitting off the hardware. Then, there is VRR and 120 fps. I've never tried it, but everyone says it's impossible to go back.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
photo_2020-10-06_14-40-09-jpg.1963546