The Xbox Series X/S Official Thread

Carlton Banks

Upper Class
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Where do you go from there, what do you call the next console? You’re literally telling the customer this is the end of Xbox.

Well this is probably the last console war. And they can just make different versions. Like I said Xbox Omega, Xbox Omega X, Omega Z, Omega XL, etc

datnigDASTARDLY

catching pigeons
Daps
Also if M$ still use double A batteries for the controller then that might throw me off from getting this console.:francis:

If the elite 2 means anything then no, they've gotten rid of needing batteries.

I preferred batteries at one point, but with my kids and multiple xboxs/controllers in the house I'd rather just charge it now.

Kidd Dibiase

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Just off the info and the sales pitch they’ve been given so far. The focus is really the xcloud...which is disappointing.

Batsute

The Lion Choker
Daps
Reppin
#Hololive
Well this is probably the last console war. And they can just make different versions. Like I said Xbox Omega, Xbox Omega X, Omega Z, Omega XL, etc

now we getting into anime names.

Xbox Omega Final Night Symphony
Xbox Omega Rebirth Sleep by Dream
Xbox Omega XLrd
Xbox Omega Z Super
Xbox Omega Alpha -sign-
Xbox Omega Red

Consoles aren’t going anywhere. They’ll be streaming alternatives but neither Sony or M$ is leaving that market and letting Nintendo be king.

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
now we getting into anime names.

Xbox Omega Final Night Symphony
Xbox Omega Rebirth Sleep by Dream
Xbox Omega XLrd
Xbox Omega Z Super
Xbox Omega Alpha -sign-
Xbox Omega Red

Consoles aren’t going anywhere. They’ll be streaming alternatives but neither Sony or M$ is leaving that market and letting Nintendo be king.
Nintendo will likely not make another home console. They'll probably continue to make portables that can connect and be played on the TV as well.

There's a very real chance that inside of the next 7-8 years one of if not both Sony and Microsoft abandon home consoles for streaming at the end of the next generation. It would probably be Microsoft before Sony. I can easily see Microsoft going PC and xCloud only and them saying if you need the physical box go with a PC and build it yourself.

Batsute

The Lion Choker
Daps
Reppin
#Hololive
Nintendo will likely not make another home console. They'll probably continue to make portables that can connect and be played on the TV as well.

There's a very real chance that inside of the next 7-8 years one of if not both Sony and Microsoft abandon home consoles for streaming at the end of the next generation. It would probably be Microsoft before Sony. I can easily see Microsoft going PC and xCloud only and them saying if you need the physical box go with a PC and build it yourself.

You don’t abandon a billion dollar market unless it’s dead. That’s like saying nobody should own cars if they have Uber, bird, and rails.

Consoles will always have a place, especially with American internet and data plans.

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
You don’t abandon a billion dollar market unless it’s dead. That’s like saying nobody should own cars if they have Uber, bird, and rails.

Consoles will always have a place, especially with American internet and data plans.
Microsoft has shown that they want to transition Xbox to a service. Them abandoning producing their own hardware in favor of PCs and streaming isn't that much of a reach. If you don't have to sell a specific piece of hardware to a customer to get them to purchase your game your potential audience can grow even larger. It's not them abandoning anything it's them trying to widen their audience. Console hardware is far less profitable than the software. There's a reason you're seeing Microsoft exclusive titles on Nintendo hardware and a streaming service at a minimal cost that includes all their high profile titles day 1 as well as all their games being released on PC.

They've been laying the groundwork to detach people from the idea of only being able to play their titles on a single dedicated box for many years now. xCloud is only the next step in that direction.

Sony on the other hand more depends on the legacy business. The only way they completely move in that direction is as a response. They've done some things to have a foundation in case they need to pivot that way but I don't think they're as committed to it as Microsoft.

Part of that is Xbox is just a pet project to Microsoft. Sony as a company depends on PlayStation.