Votes: 9 3.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Ukbrotha

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Naija, London, Earth
Messi has got to sack up and be a leader. Ronaldo would absolutely win a World Cup with Dybala, Di Maria, Aguero, Mascherano, Higuain, Otamendi, (and Tevez back in the day). Messi always comes to play, but I'm not convinced he's inspiring/forcing his players to be better and show up. CR7 has the edge on him mentally.
Amazing how he just dismissed Argentine players as looking good on paper, while forgetting Cristiano played with the golden generation when after they were washed and while Ronaldo was still green himself. Really no need to dismiss Ronaldo's achievments. I still think Messi is a slightly better player but Ronaldo's career is undeniable. He's all time great level whether you want to admit it or not.

TTT

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Messi has got to sack up and be a leader. Ronaldo would absolutely win a World Cup with Dybala, Di Maria, Aguero, Mascherano, Higuain, Otamendi, (and Tevez back in the day). Messi always comes to play, but I'm not convinced he's inspiring/forcing his players to be better and show up. CR7 has the edge on him mentally.
Nah, he isn't getting past Germany with that squad either. Dybala and Aguero have done nothing on the international stage , Tevez has been marginally ok and Higuain has not been reliable for Juve in crunch time, it says a lot that even with Higuain's bottling he has actually been better than the other attackers not named Messi. Argentina without Messi in the qualifiers alm Dybala wasn't even certain to get in the 23, like i said you look at the names and think that's a stacked team but look at the performances. Argentina were better all round in 2005-07 with Crespo, Veron, Riquelme and Cambiasso. Argentina without Messi won 1 game in 7 in the qualifiers with all those players

• Dap
Reactions: Dip

TTT

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Amazing how he just dismissed Argentine players as looking good on paper, while forgetting Cristiano played with the golden generation when after they were washed and while Ronaldo was still green himself. Really no need to dismiss Ronaldo's achievments. I still think Messi is a slightly better player but Ronaldo's career is undeniable. He's all time great level whether you want to admit it or not.
What is the record of Argentina with and without Messi just in the last South American qualifiers, they were on pace to miss the tournament. Deco, Pepe, and Carvahlo were world class players in their positions and the 04 team that lost to Greece and 06 team that reached the semi final and lost to France had good players, it's only now that they have declined but to dismiss Portugal as a B team is inaccurate

phillycavsfan

WAHOOWA
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Philadelphia
Ronaldo :wow::wow::wow::wow::wow::wow:

If he can lead Portugal to win the WC, we really have to say he's >>>> Messi at that point :patrice:

If we really keeping it a buck the fact that he already pulled Portugal to a Euro title while Messi can't even win one Copa with team that was the best squad in South America for much of his career is pretty damning.

Nemesis

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL

Messi is more talented than Ronaldo

concise

Veteran
Daps
great coverage by FOX

also, theyre really doing the public a solid by putting most of the games thus far on regular TV.

I mean, yeah, most of the games on broadcast TV in English is a plus.
Announcers sitting in a studio, bringing over Alexi Lalas, introducing us to Trump supporter Aly Wagner ...
full

Harry B

Superstar
Daps
Ronaldo played in 8 major tournaments for at least half of those he played with the golden generation Portuguese players like Figo, Cuoto and Rui Costa and the Porto 2004 team like Carvahlo, Deco. They were a finalist and semi-finalist in the Euros and World Cup before they finally won. He hasn't played with the equivalent of Sweden or Wales type players that Ibra or Bale have had in their career. Argentina also had a trajectory in the mid- 2000s when they were at their strongest in the Pekerman days before their peak but that is done. Argentina is just one of those teams that look good on paper but Aguero, Higuain,DiMaria have been serial flops at tournaments. And just like Portugal both teams turned to strengthen their defensive side of the game to cope with their decline in midfield hence their ability to reach finals.
Ronaldo was like a teenager when he played with some of those old heads. Besides Couto being like 40 he only played with him and Rui Costa once, Figo twice.
And you still haven't answered his question, are you comparing Aguero, Mascherano, Banega, Di Maria, Dyabala, Otamendi, Rojo hell people like the best striker in Italy Icardi who is worth more than Ronaldo himself on the market, players like Lavezzi and Pastore couldn't even make team and they would've been the best players next to Ronaldo in Portugal. To Nani and Quaresma who were the other top guys next to Ronaldo for the longest :gucci:.

No one said that the team was great, they said that the talent in the team was next level and Portugals was not.
They have a bunch of youngins now though and they've always had a really solid coaching staff and work together well as a group. While Argentina managed to do good things with garbage management and players choking under pressure.

Last edited:

Trajan

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Frankincense and Myrrh
I maintain they’re not the worst country to ever play in the tournament lol. They’ve had many years they didn’t embarrass themselves (1998, 2006) and they made knockout stage in 1994. Countless decent countries haven’t done that. I think their main problem is fitness levels - they have decent touch on the ball but Saudi league’s pace is nowhere near the level played anywhere in Europe. They also never can maintain continuity in coaching. The current Australia coach qualified them to the World Cup ( ahead of Australia)and they let him go right after.

Bro I havent seen any team worse them at the WC. They run around like headless chickens...all run towards the ball like sheep when not in possession..that's school boy stuff. They really look like a bunch of amateurs. It's not even the losing. You can lose by 5 goals and still look professional. I knew it was a wrap once I saw the German friendly. Germany didn't even kick into second gear..they were taking it easy and the Saudis did the same thing they did against Russia, uncontested headers in the box..no shape to speak off...slipping all over the place like Bambi :gucci:

Check the second goal Russia scored..the Russian and Saudi player both running for the ball and both have a good chance of getting to it...in fact the Saudi had a better chance to get to it....at the last minute he backs of because he doesn't want to get stuck in. :what:. They didn't have a single shot on target

• Saudi Arabia have not won any of their past 11 games at the World Cup (drew two, lost nine). Their last win in the competition dates back to the group stages of the 1994 edition (1-0 v Belgium).
  • This is Saudi Arabia's fifth World Cup finals tournament and the fifth in which they have failed to win their opening match (drew one, lost four).
  • Saudi Arabia have conceded 14 headed goals at the World Cup since their debut in 1994, that is five more than any other team over that period (USA - nine).
  • Russia v Saudi - The result was the biggest win by a host nation in the opening game of a World Cup since 1934.

Come on bro. Name a worse team