The Woman King debuts at 100% on Rotten Tomatoes

Samori Toure

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Interesting re the US Civil War

Weren’t Cuba and Brazil bigger markets?

They were bigger markets, but the USA had banned the direct importation of slave directly into the USA in 1807. The significance of that period is that the USA had just purchased the Louisiana territory and southern White people wanted to expand slavery into the west. The USA would later get more western land after the Mexican American war. So they began smuggling slaves into the USA from West Africa. That is what the Clotilda in the book Barrac00n was about. Dahomey and the Aro Confederacy were major suppliers of slaves to the USA after the ban.

VoxSphere74

Banned
Daps
The only good female movie is Kill Bill :unimpressed:
:mjlol:

You can't be serious breh. Quentin "loves to use the N word for no reason" Tarantino literally made a "worship the white woman movie" who's magically better at wielding a samurai sword than any Asian person she encounters including a Japanese woman played by Lucy Liu just because the white woman had to be better.

Also cutting down waves of nameless Asian people for entertainment purposes was despicable.

And it's the same issue with Django. Jamie's character couldn't figure out how to go on a revenge streak on his own? He needed a white man to guide him? :mjpls:

What needs to be done is a movie or tv show with a Black character who's a cross between the Punisher and Nat Turner. Who goes around during the plantation era giving cacs that work while liberating black people.

10bandz

RIP to the GOAT
Supporter
Daps
They were not just selling POWs. They were also kidnapping and selling different ethnic groups from nearby villages that they were not at war with.

They knew how the White men were going to the captured people but those bum ass slave catching nikkas didn't care. Those bum ass nikkas saw men and women getting branded and beat right on African shores but those bum ass nikkas didn't care. There are no differences between slave selling nikkas and drug dealing street gangs. They both mean misery and death for regular Black folks.

Post evidence of what you’re saying. I’m not saying you’re wrong, just put me on game.

Samori Toure

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Post evidence of what you’re saying. I’m not saying you’re wrong, just put me on game.

What are you asking for evidence of? Are you asking about the slave pens and the dungeons in the slave castles were captives were kept? You can't be serious asking me about that. You can go to any West African country and they will show you all of that stuff.

If you want proof of some of the people that Dahomey attacked then read about the village of Ganvie in modern day Benin. Ganvie was built by the Tofinu tribe as a defense against the Fon (Dahomey).

Nigerianwonder

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
They made a Nat Turner movie, so anything is possible. I never thought in a million years hollywood would finance a Nat Turner let alone show it in theaters

Hollywood didnt finaince it. Nate Parker financed, wrote, directed and made the movie independently. And funny yall mention the Nat turner movie cause black folks were calling for boycotts of Nate Parker and the Nat Turner movie when it came out too. Some of yall clowns on here were leading the charge to tear down the film. Funny how we only see this boycott energy with movies by black directors or with majority black casts.

Unknown Poster

I had to do it to em.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
SOHH Class of 2006
I see this movie trending for the wrong reason (the one you pointed out ) right now:huhldup:
I won't lie I wanted to support this movie when it came out because it had all black cast and had some warrior themes, but knowing the story behind it? I can't. And knowing that two white women wrote this?

giphy.gif

Cornershooter

Banned
Daps
:mjlol:

You can't be serious breh. Quentin "loves to use the N word for no reason" Tarantino literally made a "worship the white woman movie" who's magically better at wielding a samurai sword than any Asian person she encounters including a Japanese woman played by Lucy Liu just because the white woman had to be better.

Also cutting down waves of nameless Asian people for entertainment purposes was despicable.

And it's the same issue with Django. Jamie's character couldn't figure out how to go on a revenge streak on his own? He needed a white man to guide him? :mjpls:

What needs to be done is a movie or tv show with a Black character who's a cross between the Punisher and Nat Turner. Who goes around during the plantation era giving cacs that work while liberating black people.
So you see a this agenda with kill bill but you don’t see it with “women king” about female slave traders being made out to be a heroes :sas2: or do you choose to ignore it .

And your criticism about kill bill is a false . Your comparing and fictional kung fu movie to this movie about a woman army that’s supposed to be based on real life :mjlol:

Quentin never sold kill bill as a true story about a white female warrior. :mjlol:

And everyone she killed in that film was past associates aka her equals she didn’t wake up and say I’m going to get revenge and picked up kung fu in 6 months . She was already their equal and on top of that she went to that temple to train with that sensi. The plot just makes sense

On top of that swap out the Actor kill bill would still be the same movie . White woman , Asian , black , make it a man , white , black Asian . Movie would be exactly the same so comparing it with white Hollywood changing history about slave traders which isn’t surprising that these jew$ would do that is foolish and hilarious and the same time.

semicko82

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Hollywood didnt finaince it. Nate Parker financed, wrote, directed and made the movie independently. And funny yall mention the Nat turner movie cause black folks were calling for boycotts of Nate Parker and the Nat Turner movie when it came out too. Some of yall clowns on here were leading the charge to tear down the film. Funny how we only see this boycott energy with movies by black directors or with majority black casts.
I didn't tear down the movie. I went out and supported it day 1

Nigerianwonder

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I didn't tear down the movie. I went out and supported it day 1

Not saying you specifically but I saw folks making arguments and reasons to not see the film that they would never apply to any other film just like this movie. I dont see them boycotting finctional or non-fictional movies that glorify white oppressors. In fact they rush to theaters for those ones. Didnt they have that racist cac abe lincoln hunting vampires in a movie like a superhero? Objectively I think woman king is just a bad movie and poorly written and based in modern agendas. But its also a clear work of fiction. They never said it was a true story.

semicko82

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Not saying you specifically but I saw folks making arguments and reasons to not see the film that they would never apply to any other film just like this movie. I dont see them boycotting finctional or non-fictional movies that glorify white oppressors. In fact they rush to theaters for those ones. Didnt they have that racist cac abe lincoln hunting vampires in a movie like a superhero? Objectively I think woman king is just a bad movie and poorly written and based in modern agendas. But its also a clear work of fiction. They never said it was a true story.
Ok gotcha
Sadly we go against our own harder than other races.
I remember Nate Parker doing an interview on Good Morning America about Birth of a Nation, and Robin Roberts grilled him about some other shyt. She barely asked any questions about the movie

10bandz

RIP to the GOAT
Supporter
Daps
What are you asking for evidence of? Are you asking about the slave pens and the dungeons in the slave castles were captives were kept? You can't be serious asking me about that. You can go to any West African country and they will show you all of that stuff.

If you want proof of some of the people that Dahomey attacked then read about the village of Ganvie in modern day Benin. Ganvie was built by the Tofinu tribe as a defense against the Fon (Dahomey).

That it wasn’t just POWs. I’ve been to Ganvie they told me they were running from cacs that’s why they built that village. Been to the point of no return as well and they blamed cacs only. But maybe they’re denying their own history.

Nkrumah Was Right

Superstar
Bushed
Daps
That it wasn’t just POWs. I’ve been to Ganvie they told me they were running from cacs that’s why they built that village. Been to the point of no return as well and they blamed cacs only. But maybe they’re denying their own history.

They were. Europeans were not that inland in West Africa at the time Ganvie was built. West Africa was the “White Man’s Grave” until they designed medicine to get over malaria and yellow fever.

Sterling Archer

Spider Mane
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Chicago

They are 100% trying to change history and be in denial of their actions.