The Woman King debuts at 100% on Rotten Tomatoes

Nkrumah Was Right

Superstar
Bushed
Daps
Make a movie about John Horse and the Black Seminoles or The Haitian Revolution. But I know Hollywood won't touch that history.
:sas2:

The triumphant conclusion of the Haitian Revolution is the killing of every French cac in Haiti by Dessalines. You think Hollywood would fund that?

As much as we mock Bollywood, at least Indians control their own brainwashing (ie media/entertainment).

ADOS needs to team up with Nollywood

Samori Toure

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
They want y’all to blame Africans for slavery instead of cacs. Dahomey isn’t totally innocent but they were selling POWs and didn’t know how cacs in the west were treating them

They were not just selling POWs. They were also kidnapping and selling different ethnic groups from nearby villages that they were not at war with.

They knew how the White men were going to the captured people but those bum ass slave catching nikkas didn't care. Those bum ass nikkas saw men and women getting branded and beat right on African shores but those bum ass nikkas didn't care. There are no differences between slave selling nikkas and drug dealing street gangs. They both mean misery and death for regular Black folks.

Last edited:

Nkrumah Was Right

Superstar
Bushed
Daps
They want y’all to blame Africans for slavery instead of cacs. Dahomey isn’t totally innocent but they were selling POWs and didn’t know how cacs in the west were treating them

I disagree. By that point, Afro descendants were coming back to Africa (Sierra Leone, Liberia, Afro-Brazilians in Lagos)

JJ Lions

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I don't think that's historically accurate. You had warring tribes. One tribe could attack the other, capture the men of the tribe and sell them to the whites. Handle your enemies and then sell them. I'm pretty sure they knew what would happen to them.