The Woman King debuts at 100% on Rotten Tomatoes

Amerikan Melanin

Veteran
Bushed
Daps
Africans and FBA and others around the diaspora need to have an open and honest discussion of the past. Stop trying to sanitize what happened.

xXOGLEGENDXx

Superstar
Daps
Check back in a week :heh:

:russ:

vinho-wine.gif

Yzak

All Star
Bushed
Daps
A lot of people don’t know this also. They would host the cacs in these massive houses for a while to rest before getting back on road and bring them virgin black girls every single night to r@pe . And these the folks we supposed to see a movie about as they are show as heroes
Disgusting

Spiritual Stratocaster

Jesus is KING
Supporter
Daps
I could be wrong but Morocco was a world power because it was the largest slave trader in Africa.

A true study of slavery in Africa, how it was handled on the continent, is needed. Slavery on the eastside of the Atlantic was very different than it was on the westside.

To be clear, this doesn't excuse what Dahomey did though.
Ottoman Empire or Portugal perhaps you thinking of. I don't think Morroco was ever a world power:pachaha:

The ottoman empire had modern day morrocco in their empire and they enslaved as far north as ICELAND.

IllmaticDelta

Veteran
Daps
They want y’all to blame Africans for slavery instead of cacs. Dahomey isn’t totally innocent but they were selling POWs and didn’t know how cacs in the west were treating them

:skip:

I disagree. By that point, Afro descendants were coming back to Africa (Sierra Leone, Liberia, Afro-Brazilians in Lagos)

this

humminbird

Veteran
Daps
so this movie has the same critical CinemaScore as top gun. An A +. the only film from this year to do that.
funny how they're both politically charged in a way