The Witness (PC, Xbox One, PS4, iOS)

We Major

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
UK
These tetris style puzzles :sadcam: I'm stuck in the swamps trying to solve them.

Regular_P

Just end the season.
Daps
beat the game and I keep finding shyt

this has to be one of the most intricately crafted games. everything is a clue, puzzle piece, symbol, etc. puzzles wrapped in puzzles

I think it might be a step up from some of the craziness seen in the star puzzles in The Talos Principle. regardless both are great puzzle games. I also feel like this game has a little more variety, since it's not limited to physical puzzles, with lazers, boxes, portals, etc.

the line puzzles panels might seem like a very simple mechanic, but they really push it to the limits. and it's interesting how they're able to teach you the 'language' of these puzzles, without ever explaining it with words. it requires trial and error, but it does feel rewarding when you figure it out

anyway, game is dope, and I suggest you check it out if you like puzzle games. it can be pretty damn difficult. like I said a few times in this thread, I had to use pen and paper, and photoshop to figure a few puzzles out. there's also a metroidvania thing going on, where early on you'll see puzzles with symbols you don't understand. just keep moving, because eventually you'll learn what everything means (more or less. there's still some shyt I don't fully understand)

GOTY 2016 (so far :smugfavre:)
How long did it take you to finish?

daze23

Siempre Fresco
Daps
These tetris style puzzles :sadcam: I'm stuck in the swamps trying to solve them.
any particular one giving you trouble?

some hints on the 'rules' for those puzzles:

you can combine the tetris shapes to make one big shape, and just outline that. all the symbols must be within this large shape, BUT the tetris shapes don't have to be under their symbol. that is usually the solution to the more confusing puzzles in that area

daze23

Siempre Fresco
Daps

The homie went in on this game.

fair review, but I feel like the game just isn't for him. it seems he was just trying to brute-force the puzzles, and getting frustrated. with this game you really need to take the time to figure out exactly what's going on

Grand Eeezus Maxwell

"Time is when, God....lounge!!"
Daps
Reppin
Triple Six Mile
Dude in that review is salty as hell. Sounds like he bought it off the hype without research, now he's pissed cuz he's slow. I, and I'm sure most ppl knew what they were getting into when they bought the game..

XII

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I'm so sick of first person indie puzzle games :mjcry:

Give us some new shyt, ffs :mjcry:

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land

The homie went in on this game.

That's kinda how I felt about it. Only played about 20 puzzles so far, but I have no desire to go back.

I liked the other first person puzzle games, cause they were 3d puzzles using physics and the rules/tools the game gave you. The line puzzles are just boring to me. Reminds me off those books of crossword puzzles my grandmother use to make me do when I told her I was bored

daze23

Siempre Fresco
Daps
really it's a game about deductive reasoning. you have to figure out the rules, and then figure out how to apply them

like I said before, there's a metroidvania thing going on. but instead of needing a new power up to open a door, you just need knowledge. and you will need to deduce that knowledge yourself

Khalil's_Black_Excellence

The King of Fighters
Daps
Reppin
Phoenix, AZ
really it's a game about deductive reasoning. you have to figure out the rules, and then figure out how to apply them

like I said before, there's a metroidvania thing going on. but instead of needing a new power up to open a door, you just need knowledge. and you will need to deduce that knowledge yourself

Deduce DEEZ NUTZ!!!:smugbiden: THere's another line puzzle in there that I don't think ya want no parts of solving tho.:myman:

:troll:

I do jah wanna cop this game tho. Debatng on when.