The Witcher (Remake) | In Development

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
This is one remake that I'm really looking forward to. I love the first game, and I've dusted it off a few times over the years. I can appreciate a good point and click game. But because it's point and click, this is going to be a legit remake. I'm also wondering will there be any other major changes? Tris clearly took the place of Yennifer. The little boy with strange and powerful magical powers, taken in by Tris and Geralt, is obviously a Ciri placeholder. It would be cool to at least have Geralt mention how similar that situation is so similar to that of Yen and Ciri.

Never played the first so it'll be new for me.

ColdSlither

Extensive Enterprises
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Elizabeth, NJ by way of East Orange
Never played the first so it'll be new for me.

It's worth it to go and play it because it's still good. It took me a while to get into it because I wasn't big on PC gaming at all when it first dropped. I was like what is this point and click shyt? It was one of the best things I torrented from Limewire:russ:

Blackfyre

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Earthrealm

Speaking to Edge (via GamesRadar), Rokosz said that "first and foremost, we need an honest, down-to-earth analysis of which parts are simply bad, outdated, and need to be remade," but these changes will be done while "highlighting the parts that are great, should be retained, or are direct key pillars that can't be discarded" for the remake.

Some fans have already begun predicting which elements will be sent to the chopping block. Obvious changes include the dated combat and traversal systems, while online, fans are speculating that Geralt's infamous "Romance Cards" won't be included in the remake either.