The Witcher (Remake) | In Development

Rozay Oro

2 Peter 3:9 if you don’t know God
Supporter
Daps
This is a remake worth happening. The Witcher 3 looks so outdated anyways.

humminbird

Veteran
Daps
I'm excited for this but they really need to just come out with next gen Witcher 3

Rozay Oro

2 Peter 3:9 if you don’t know God
Supporter
Daps
no I'm waiting but I believe you :francis:
Tried playing it on my PS4 over a month ago. Didn’t get too far before quitting lol. Just looked ugly and felt clunky. I bet it’s a dope and rich RPG but couldn’t do it.

Daps
RE4 (and RE2 + RE3) was re-released several times on different platforms and remastered.
They changed the gameplay and modernised the controls those were actual remakes TLOU's gameplay was exactly the same with no new missions or story and effectively a remaster for a game that was remastered in 2014 and then had that remaster brought forward with a patch to the new console and sold it for $70 when it can be bought for $15.

CoolinInTheCut

Superstar
Daps
They changed the gameplay and modernised the controls those were actual remakes TLOU's gameplay was exactly the same with no new missions or story and effectively a remaster for a game that was remastered in 2014 and then had that remaster brought forward with a patch to the new console and sold it for $70 when it can be bought for $15.

No disrespect but you clearly didn't play TLOU Part 1 lol.

Especially if you're calling it a remaster when it's clearly a remake, and by saying the gameplay was exactly the same when they clearly updated the shooting, listening system, updated the stalkers, etc. It sounds like you're just regurgitating typical Xbox console war shyt.

And the PS4 remaster of TLOU is free on PS5. RE4 was remastered and resold on PS3 and then again on PS4. Capcom's whole thing has been rehashing existing games and franchises.

Last edited:

CodeKansas

Superstar
Daps
cool, I never played the first game
It's OLD. Like, Geralt stands in one place and whacks an enemy until he or it is dead type of old.

This is a very much welcome remake. I'll beat it then move on to Assassin of Kings.

Daps
No disrespect but you clearly didn't play TLOU Part 1 lol.

Especially if you're calling it a remaster when it's clearly a remake, and by saying the gameplay was exactly the same when they clearly updated the shooting, listening system, updated the stalkers, etc. It sounds like you're just regurgitating typical Xbox console war shyt.

And the PS4 remaster of TLOU is free on PS5. RE4 was remastered and resold on PS3 and then again on PS4. Capcom's whole thing has been rehashing existing games and franchises.
You clearly don't know what a remaster is
:mjlol:

Sounds like ps fanboy shyt that you're regurgitating yes I didn't play it and I never will...

I didn't have to play it because plenty of youtube commentators and reviewers that I regularly watch like reviewtechusa said it is the same game, which saved me $70 and I spoke with my wallet by not buying the exact same game that i already beat with prettier graphics when I can put the disc in.

Changing the camera angles and tank gameplay in Resi = remake

What they did to RE4 was port it to every device known to man that's not a remaster they're ports with higher fidelity and frame rate. Now they're making an actual remake, which i was at first sceptical about but having seen the new trailer, there are actual significant gameplay changes and the game is so old that it actually warrants a remake.

Everyone PS fans included(aside from the ponies) knows that TLOU part 1 was just a cash grab.

CoolinInTheCut

Superstar
Daps
reviewers that I regularly watch like reviewtechusa

spit-take.gif

Aight imma let you tell it :mjlol:

I'mma just leave you with one question: Was Shadow of Colossus on PS4 a remaster or remake?

Daps
spit-take.gif

Aight imma let you tell it :mjlol:

I'mma just leave you with one question: Was Shadow of Colossus on PS4 a remaster or remake?
I have the HD version with Ico in my backlog,
but if it plays the same without any major changes I'd call it a remaster. Ducktales remastered added cut scenes dialogue and some bonus content but it still had the word "remastered" on its box art.

To me anything that isn't significantly different from the predecessor is a remaster. If TLOU part 1 had the improved combat from TLOU 2 or new enemy types or boss battles or just changed the puzzles or environment in some way or by adding few new set pieces then the term remake might be warranted.

FF7 = remake
Crash bandicoot N sanity = remaster
Halo master chief collection = remaster
Super mario allstars = remaster
Metroid Samus returns 3DS = remake
MGS Twin Snakes = remake
Re2 = remake