The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt (PC, Xbox Series X|S, Xbox One, Switch, PS5, PS4)

Kamikaze Revy

Bwana ni mwokozi wangu
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outer Heaven
The developer, CD Projekt Red, took all of the money from Witcher 1 and made Witcher 2 and did the same for Witcher 3. They don't believe in deluxe editions or paid DLC. They've already announced all dlc will be free. This is their own engine and it's one of the most beautiful there is. The Witcher is based off of Poland's most acclaimed fantasy novels of all time. The story is developed with the author of the books. The game is bigger than skyrim and has over 300 variations of three different endings. It's hundreds of hours long. I loved the first two so much I tracked down english translations of all the novels and read them. From what I've seen the characters they are focusing on in this game will make for some epic storytelling.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2014/11...ive-16-dlc-packages-free-across-all-platforms

"As CD PROJEKT RED, we strongly believe this is not the way it should work and, with The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt, we have decided to do it differently. Cutting to the chase, everyone who buys Wild Hunt will receive 16 specially prepared DLCs absolutely for free, regardless of platform. You don’t have to pre-order, you don’t have to buy any special edition to get them -- if you own a copy of Wild Hunt, they’re yours. This is our way of saying thank you for buying our game."

On February 25th, players will be able to download the two pieces of DLC: the 'Temerian Armour Set', which includes horse armour, and a 'Beard and Hairstyle Set' for Geralt. After this date, a DLC bundle – each containing two components – will be released every week for free.

The game is going to be great but I think you're misunderstanding what they are doing as far as that free DLC. What they are going to give away are skins and hairstyles and a short missions. So while it's great they are giving away free DLC, they are not giving away several hours worth of additional gameplay. They didn't mention it, but their statement is left open to the sale of large DLC. They definitely did not say that ALL DLC will be free. What they are doing is leaving portions of the game out to cut out the pre-owned crowd.

Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, NY
PRETTY good
:rudy:

Wicther is amazing

I advise you to play Witcher 2
:ufdup:

Even now still one of the nicest looking games

I was never a big fan of western rpgs(always been a final fantasy, JRPG guy) so I'm not crazy about Witcher 3 like I am for something like final fantasy 15. I want to give it a try though, got to love that big open world and multiple endings.

SupaHotIce

All Star
Daps
Word of advise if you havnt played the others don't go into fights thinking you can just hack and slash

Or spam health potions

And learn when to switch between the two swords

Whats it like?

I havent played the other 2 but thinking of getting this:patrice:

Barney Rubble

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
http://www.ign.com/articles/2014/11...ive-16-dlc-packages-free-across-all-platforms

"As CD PROJEKT RED, we strongly believe this is not the way it should work and, with The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt, we have decided to do it differently. Cutting to the chase, everyone who buys Wild Hunt will receive 16 specially prepared DLCs absolutely for free, regardless of platform. You don’t have to pre-order, you don’t have to buy any special edition to get them -- if you own a copy of Wild Hunt, they’re yours. This is our way of saying thank you for buying our game."

On February 25th, players will be able to download the two pieces of DLC: the 'Temerian Armour Set', which includes horse armour, and a 'Beard and Hairstyle Set' for Geralt. After this date, a DLC bundle – each containing two components – will be released every week for free.

The game is going to be great but I think you're misunderstanding what they are doing as far as that free DLC. What they are going to give away are skins and hairstyles and a short missions. So while it's great they are giving away free DLC, they are not giving away several hours worth of additional gameplay. They didn't mention it, but their statement is left open to the sale of large DLC. They definitely did not say that ALL DLC will be free. What they are doing is leaving portions of the game out to cut out the pre-owned crowd.
Well all the dlc on Witcher 2 was free and that included the Arena update etc. And from this article it sounds like the developers HATE paid dlc. From what I've read they've said the game is complete and doesn't need more content. Dark Souls said the same, too, so we'll see but CD Projekt Red hasn't gone back on the word yet.
http://ign.com/articles/2015/01/26/the-witcher-3-dev-on-making-a-stand-against-paid-dlc

OTC

+
Daps
Reppin
Austin, Texas
Witcher 3, Bloodborne & Dark Souls 2 all around the same time :mindblown:

My back log is already crazy as is :damn: