The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt (PC, Xbox Series X|S, Xbox One, Switch, PS5, PS4)

Cuban Pete

Aka 305DeadCounty
Daps
Reppin
SOHH ICEY MONOPOLY
@hex im putting my alchemy points into the blade oil and toxicity threshold trees, is it worth it? I put the place of power points into my signs just to carry it on for my new game+, so should I focus on sword and casting or sword and alchemy? Right now im running mainly with enhanced feline armor and ima do the ursine, also have enhanced griffin

• Dap
Reactions: hex

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
@hex im putting my alchemy points into the blade oil and toxicity threshold trees, is it worth it? I put the place of power points into my signs just to carry it on for my new game+, so should I focus on sword and casting or sword and alchemy? Right now im running mainly with enhanced feline armor and ima do the ursine, also have enhanced griffin

Not sure what point you're at in the game but in the "Blood And Wine" DLC there's a set of Grandmaster armor (Manticore) and a new upgrade (Mutations) that are beastly for an alchemy build.

Unfortunately Photobucket killed all my links in the thread but alchemy becomes insanely powerful later in the game, especially after that DLC. At one point I had like 15,000 HP and damn near every hit was a crit.

And yeah, always upgrade your Toxicity. Max it out. There's a few combinations of potions you can use that make you a killing machine.

Fred.

Cuban Pete

Aka 305DeadCounty
Daps
Reppin
SOHH ICEY MONOPOLY
Not sure what point you're at in the game but in the "Blood And Wine" DLC there's a set of Grandmaster armor (Manticore) and a new upgrade (Mutations) that are beastly for an alchemy build.

Unfortunately Photobucket killed all my links in the thread but alchemy becomes insanely powerful later in the game, especially after that DLC. At one point I had like 15,000 HP and damn near every hit was a crit.

And yeah, always upgrade your Toxicity. Max it out. There's a few combinations of potions you can use that make you a killing machine.

Fred.

Im still in skellige but I did about 70% of the velen/novigrad map question marks and almost all the witcher contracts, treasure hunt and secondary quests so Im at level 29 almost, ill literally explore the whole map in each new region first and be like :patrice: i think i can kill that monster. Either i do or i get :dead:

I was asking cuz i planned on making a magic build but turns out i dont like how the griffin armor looks :scust: shyts ugly af, the other ones look way better. Ill update when i finally find my personal preference and when i hit them dlcs

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Im still in skellige but I did about 70% of the velen/novigrad map question marks and almost all the witcher contracts, treasure hunt and secondary quests so Im at level 29 almost, ill literally explore the whole map in each new region first and be like :patrice: i think i can kill that monster. Either i do or i get :dead:

I was asking cuz i planned on making a magic build but turns out i dont like how the griffin armor looks :scust: shyts ugly af, the other ones look way better. Ill update when i finally find my personal preference and when i hit them dlcs

"Blood And Wine" adds another area about the size of Skellige.

"Hearts Of Stone" expands on the existing map but "Blood And Wine" is damn near as long as a modern game, by itself.

Fred.

Jmare007

pico pal q lee
Daps
Reppin
Chile
Ended up doing the side quest for Hearts of Stone but saved the main story for after fishing off the main game

Ended up with Ciri as a Witcher :ehh:

And holy shyt, the Olgierd and the Devil story was dope as fukk :wow: I didn't think I would get another quest on the level of the Bloody Baron but this was right there. Beating O'Dimm was :banderas: :umad: too

And you telling me Blood And Wine" is even better and longer? @hex :whoo:

Return of the Jedi

Star Wars & Sneakers
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Anti-George Lucas Coalition
Skipped Hearts of Stone and jump straight into Blood & Wine after finishing the main quest. Wanted to play in a new location and Toussaint does not disappoint :banderas:
I would argue Hearts of Stone has a better story (definitely the better villain) and is a great way to close out the game.

but Blood and Wine has the only legit final boss in the game.

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Ended up doing the side quest for Hearts of Stone but saved the main story for after fishing off the main game

Ended up with Ciri as a Witcher :ehh:

And holy shyt, the Olgierd and the Devil story was dope as fukk :wow: I didn't think I would get another quest on the level of the Bloody Baron but this was right there. Beating O'Dimm was :banderas: :umad: too

And you telling me Blood And Wine" is even better and longer? @hex :whoo:

I'm a horror fan so I liked the story of "Hearts Of Stone" better. The "Blood And Wine" story is pretty dark in some spots but the new area you explore is damn near a vacation spot compared to the rest of the game. It's sunny and beautiful.

"Blood And Wine" is waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay longer than "Hearts Of Stone", though. "Blood And Wine" is probably longer than most full modern games.

Also, Gaunter O'dimm has had his eye on you for a while. He's at the very start of the game:

Also keep an eye out for an Easter Egg in "Blood And Wine".

Fred.

Jmare007

pico pal q lee
Daps
Reppin
Chile
Also, Gaunter O'dimm has had his eye on you for a while. He's at the very start of the game:

Fred.

I was wondering why he kept saying we had met before and how he helped me :ohhh:

ps: How the hell does that Geralt look like that? I guess it's a previous save from the other 2 games but how the hell does he end up looking like full renegade Shepard in Mass Effect 3 :russ:

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
I was wondering why he kept saying we had met before and how he helped me :ohhh:

ps: How the hell does that Geralt look like that? I guess it's a previous save from the other 2 games but how the hell does he end up looking like full renegade Shepard in Mass Effect 3 :russ:

Toxicity is too high.

Fred.

Malik1time

What you looking at?
Daps
Reppin
Queens

:scust::scust::scust:
i personally love the ursine armor:ehh: