The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt (PC, Xbox Series X|S, Xbox One, Switch, PS5, PS4)

Jmare007

pico pal q lee
Daps
Reppin
Chile
I would finish up the main game before touching either of the DLCs. A few (maybe 2) of the main game choices carry over into the DLC. Blood and Wine seemed like it was supposed to be played last.

Yeah I read Blood and Wine definitely plays better after the main story.

But the other one I read it played better before :patrice:

Microfracture

Real G's move in silence
Daps
Reppin
Knees
Yeah I read Blood and Wine definitely plays better after the main story.

But the other one I read it played better before :patrice:

Hearts of Stone is just an extended part of the main map with DLC specific missions. Probably wouldn't hurt since you don't have much to go in the main game. Ultimately up to you but main game -> HOS -> B&W is a nice end to the game.

Phantum

The Charisma of the Streets
Daps
This is my second time playing thru the game, but the first time I ever crafted some witcher gear and now im obsessed with getting every piece :wow: I fukked up and killed keira tho I forgot I did that, guess ill just have to.... new game+ it when im ready :mjlit:

What did you use for gear your first playthrough?

Cuban Pete

Aka 305DeadCounty
Daps
Reppin
SOHH ICEY MONOPOLY
What did you use for gear your first playthrough?

Trash, whatever i found, i think i was rocking the fukking redanian cuirass when i beat eredin. Ftr i havent played either dlc either and i barely explored the first playthrough this is like a whole new experience for me, i even dropped sekiro to go through this again :wow: game is magical

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
@hex got to the Isle of Mists part of the game. Haven't started it yet as I read it's basically the point of no return and I wanna do some of the side quests I have left. Still got to do the "talk to every character you know so they can help you in the battle" part but I was curious to know if now is a good time to do the DLCs. I'm level 27 :patrice: :jbhmm:

shyt is mad addictive. At first I was like :mjtf: at the game but soon I was asking every character if they wanted to play a hand so I could get a better deck :mjgrin:

The term "point of no return" is kinda tricky here. In most games it means "if you go past this point the game is basically over and it'll only ever return you to that save point".

You can continue to play the game after you beat the final mission. But the Isle Of Mists part will make you auto-fail a few quests if you have them open. That's what they mean by "point of no return".

As far as the DLC....I think the suggested level is 30 so you're straight. But as far as when you should play them...."Hearts Of Stone" adds a cool bit of dialogue to the final scene if you're still on the main story...."Blood And Wine" should be played after the main story is over. Trust me. You can technically play it at any point but it's the real end of the story.

You'll see what I mean when you beat it. :wow:

Fred.

Dorian Breh

Veteran
Daps
The term "point of no return" is kinda tricky here. In most games it means "if you go past this point the game is basically over and it'll only ever return you to that save point".

You can continue to play the game after you beat the final mission. But the Isle Of Mists part will make you auto-fail a few quests if you have them open. That's what they mean by "point of no return".

As far as the DLC....I think the suggested level is 30 so you're straight. But as far as when you should play them...."Hearts Of Stone" adds a cool bit of dialogue to the final scene if you're still on the main story...."Blood And Wine" should be played after the main story is over. Trust me. You can technically play it at any point but it's the real end of the story.

You'll see what I mean when you beat it. :wow:

Fred.
What dialogue, breh? :lupe:

I've always started it after the main story

• Dap
Reactions: hex

Dre Space Age

Supporter
Daps
Digital Foundry suggests that the only setting you should adjust is to put Sharpening on Max. They said the update did not take advantage of the Switch high performance option (1785mhz CPU / 921mhz GPU). It’s only running Standard Performance (1020mhz CPU / 768mhz GPU). Due to that, there’s no point turning off any of the settings. However in the YouTube comments there are people saying that not only should you put Sharpening on Max you should also turn off AA and Depth of Field.

I haven’t downloaded the update yet seeing how I’m still fiddling around with my memory card due to Quadruple Booting, Horizon OS, Atmosphere OS, Lakka and Android but when I do, not only will I put Sharpening on Max, turn off AA and Depth of Field, I’ll also see what it looks like with the modded High Performance setting which gives you a higher frame rate.

Dorian Breh

Veteran
Daps
im on my 5th playthrough:francis::yeshrug::yeshrug::yeshrug::yeshrug:
i love this game too much:yeshrug:
Now that I'm on PC I can save time by getting different witcher gear and character traits with console commands, just to see what it would be like to play with, say, Griffin armor with all signs maxed out, or using a Potions build, etc, etc... Game is GOAT