The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt (PC, Xbox Series X|S, Xbox One, Switch, PS5, PS4)

FatherSimp

Enough white hoes to last me thru ATL
Daps
http://kotaku.com/the-witchers-author-doesnt-get-one-cent-from-the-games-1793611471

The Witcher's Author Says He Screwed Himself Out Of Profiting Off The Games

Jason Schreier

Today 1:30pm
Filed to: witcher
tvcqcuys7au6lqlnl6ks.jpg

If you happen to run into Andrzej Sapkowski, creator of The Witcher, you might not want to bring up the video games. They haven’t made his life much better, in part because they’re not making him any money.

Sapkowski, who spoke to Eurogamer’s Robert Purchese in an interview published today, has never been a gamer or showed much interest in the video games based on his world. So it might not come as a shock that he sold the rights to CD Projekt Red without asking for royalties. All he got was a check.

“I was stupid enough to sell them rights to the whole bunch,” Sapkowski told Eurogamer. “They offered me a percentage of their profits. I said, ‘No, there will be no profit at all - give me all my money right now! The whole amount.’ It was stupid. I was stupid enough to leave everything in their hands because I didn’t believe in their success. But who could foresee their success? I couldn’t.”

In Poland, Sapkowski is the equivalent of J.R.R. Tolkien. But outside of Poland, when people see books with The Witcher on the spine, they assume that they’re looking at fiction based on the game. And Sapkowski says that sometimes people assume the same when talking to him, mistaking him for a Witcher fiction writer rather than the man who created Geralt and Ciri. “It happened,” he said. “It happened. I can remember my reaction: I know many bad words and I used all of them, in many languages.”

You can read the full interview here.

full

He salty as fukk :mjlol:

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
In 2003-4 when they were making the orginal it looked dry af..i would have taken the money too. Theres no way in knowing it would have blown up

He has no interest whatsoever in video games....and he's been talking down on the games for years. So nah....it's not like he seen the first game and took the money. He automatically assumed the games would flop because he's out of touch with reality.

He got what he deserves. :manny:

Fred.

666 ReVeNGe 666

TROLL IS LIFE
Daps
He has no interest whatsoever in video games....and he's been talking down on the games for years. So nah....it's not like he seen the first game and took the money. He automatically assumed the games would flop because he's out of touch with reality.

He got what he deserves. :manny:

Fred.
Beat it today :ohlawd:
Ciri a witcher now :mjgrin:

Me and Yen having sex all day and night now :mjgrin:

I did a little bit of the DOC and made it to tussant and fought the giant then saved. It's gone be lit.

What ending did you get?

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Beat it today :ohlawd:
Ciri a witcher now :mjgrin:

Me and Yen having sex all day and night now :mjgrin:

I did a little bit of the DOC and made it to tussant and fought the giant then saved. It's gone be lit.

What ending did you get?

Ciri became the Empress, which is an another good ending. And yeah, I retired with Yen.

Did you get "Hearts Of Stone" too?

Fred.

666 ReVeNGe 666

TROLL IS LIFE
Daps
Ciri became the Empress, which is an another good ending. And yeah, I retired with Yen.

Did you get "Hearts Of Stone" too?

Fred.
Yes I got both DLCs. Do they have a dope ending to the story again?

I wanted her to be empress. At Docs. I didn't get the bad ending.

I'm dumb. I forgot to assassinate Radovoch...smh. lol.

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Yes I got both DLCs. Do they have a dope ending to the story again?

I wanted her to be empress. At Docs. I didn't get the bad ending.

I'm dumb. I forgot to assassinate Radovoch...smh. lol.
Nah you got the good ending too. There's a couple good endings and a few bad endings. The worst ending Ciri dies, Geralt is too :flabbynsick: to fight any more and the world ends.

"Hearts Of Stone" is just a side story but it's dope as fukk. "Blood And Wine" feels like another ending to the game, and for our ending (Geralt retiring with Yen, or whoever) it sets it up perfectly.

You actually get your own house and vineyard in "Blood And Wine", too. The shyt is like 30+ hours long breh, it's damn near a whole other game.

Fred.

Piffiztheanswer

L'immortale
Daps
Reppin
The International Scene
Got the complete edition a few weeks back along with horizon... and horizon got put on pause real real quik cause wild hunt is straight up heroin. I havent been into RPGz for a loooooong time but this (& horizon) got me hooked! Still doing the main game but the way yall hyping up the DLC got me like:blessed:
Im so glad i listened to my coli breadren!

Grand Conde

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
So going by the latest Project CDPR investor's conference there will be another The Witcher down the line. Currently they are working on two AAA projects, one of which is Cyberpunk.

Fenian

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Govan
Man I got this game in February and still haven't beaten the main game, just started doing the hearts of stone quests and ran into that arseholes from white orchard who kept asking personal questions. Can't wait to see where this goes. :banderas:

Also as a side note I fukkin love the rock trolls, never kill one if I can avoid it.

"Me soildiermans now, join ravodids army" :win:

"Boats guard boats!!" :gladbron:

:dead: