The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt (PC, Xbox Series X|S, Xbox One, Switch, PS5, PS4)

Dirty Mcdrawz

Your girl loves em....
Daps
There's a blacksmith in Novigrad that you can unlock that will supposedly craft you some special shyt. So I took on the quest and the dude said he needed me to get him some supplies that were in Skellige. So I needed to find a ship that would take me there. Mind you at this point, I didn't think much of the difficulty of the quest. So I find a ship (free btw so you should take this route if u not trying to blow money) and the next thing I know I'm on my way to Skellige and these level 16 pirates jump on the ship and murk everyone and I'm left to fend them off at level 8 :damn:

fukk those pirates :mjcry:

:russ:

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
that's kind of a weird situation, but it seems it's more the fault of that level 25 quest, and not the level 16 quest being "wildly inaccurate"

the Bear School quest is recommended for level 16? don't you have to be level 17 to even wear it?

I think 17, but the quest is labeled 16 so I figured I'd start it, I'm halfway there already. I got my Griffin School gear early too.

Maybe I'm not explaining it clearly....but the "level 16" label is inaccurate if there's 3 unavoidable level 25 enemies right where you need to go. And to add insult to injury you also fail the level 25 quest just by being there....a quest and NPC that has nothing to do with Bear School. It's just a guy you talk to randomly out in the wild that pops up there.

Basically, you can't do jack shyt for the Bear School quest at level 16. Like The Fukin Prophecy said, it's more level 22ish. If it was labeled 22 I wouldn't even have wasted my time.

Fred.

daze23

Siempre Fresco
Daps
I think 17, but the quest is labeled 16 so I figured I'd start it, I'm halfway there already. I got my Griffin School gear early too.

Maybe I'm not explaining it clearly....but the "level 16" label is inaccurate if there's 3 unavoidable level 25 enemies right where you need to go. And to add insult to injury you also fail the level 25 quest just by being there....a quest and NPC that has nothing to do with Bear School. It's just a guy you talk to randomly out in the wild that pops up there.

Basically, you can't do jack shyt for the Bear School quest at level 16. Like The Fukin Prophecy said, it's more level 22ish. If it was labeled 22 I wouldn't even have wasted my time.

Fred.
I'm just looking at Bear School Gear 'guides' and no one mentions level 25 enemies. and they say the Bear School quests are recommended for level 20

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
I'm just looking at Bear School Gear 'guides' and no one mentions level 25 enemies. and they say the Bear School quests are recommended for level 20

Because technically they aren't a part of that quest, remember? They're just in the area for the other quest.

I'm used to ducking in and grabbing treasure if there's enemies that are too high....you can't do that this time. The 3 enemies are in a little ass cave in front of where you need to go.

Here's a video of the area/quest. And I was wrong, they're level 26. And as you can see he has "Bear School" as his objective:

Fred.

Dirty Mcdrawz

Your girl loves em....
Daps
I've actually had similar situations of what @hexagram23 Is talking about happened to me too.

One was the byway Witcher contract which has a recommended lvl of 22. I'm lvl 19 so it's green for me but most of the enemies were lvl 24-26 and had skulls by their name.

• Dap
Reactions: hex

daze23

Siempre Fresco
Daps
Because technically they aren't a part of that quest, remember? They're just in the area for the other quest.
yeah, but if they're an obstacle in the Bear School quests, I would expect them to be mentioned in guides for that quest. as they do mention various level 20 enemies you can avoid

maybe they only appear/spawn there if you've accepted the other quest

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
yeah, but if they're an obstacle in the Bear School quests, I would expect them to be mentioned in guides for that quest. as they do mention various level 20 enemies you can avoid

maybe they only appear/spawn there if you've accepted the other quest

Maybe they only appear if you accept the other quest, but there's also no warning for that either. The guy you talk to to receive that quest isn't really anywhere near where he eventually ends up.

Oh well, it's not the end of the world. There's other stuff I can do.

Fred.

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
I've actually had similar situations of what @hexagram23 Is talking about happened to me too.

One was the byway Witcher contract which has a recommended lvl of 22. I'm lvl 19 so it's green for me but most of the enemies were lvl 24-26 and had skulls by their name.
Also you can start "Following The Thread" at around 8-9 but then you're supposed to go to Skellige to continue it and "Destination: Skellige" is like 16-17. :why:

It's happened a few times but this was the only time it's completely unavoidable

Fred.

Ari Gold Bawse

The Bawse of all Bosses
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
London
Also you can start "Following The Thread" at around 8-9 but then you're supposed to go to Skellige to continue it and "Destination: Skellige" is like 16-17. :why:

It's happened a few times but this was the only time it's completely unavoidable

Fred.
That's the quest I was talking about

• Dap
Reactions: hex

ORDER_66

The Fire Rises 2023
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
Queens,NY
CGCELj2WAAA-Xm7.jpg:large

:mjcry::blessed:

The Fukin Prophecy

RIP Champ
Daps
There's a blacksmith in Novigrad that you can unlock that will supposedly craft you some special shyt. So I took on the quest and the dude said he needed me to get him some supplies that were in Skellige. So I needed to find a ship that would take me there. Mind you at this point, I didn't think much of the difficulty of the quest. So I find a ship (free btw so you should take this route if u not trying to blow money) and the next thing I know I'm on my way to Skellige and these level 16 pirates jump on the ship and murk everyone and I'm left to fend them off at level 8 :damn:

fukk those pirates :mjcry:
master blacksmith in Velen...

The quest has a high level requirement...If you see a red skull next to the quest the game is telling you you're too low to proceed...Of course you can still try if you want...

btw those pirates ain't the worst part of that quest...They're cake compared to what else you need to kill...

Dirty Mcdrawz

Your girl loves em....
Daps
master blacksmith in Velen...

The quest has a high level requirement...If you see a red skull next to the quest the game is telling you you're too low to proceed...Of course you can still try if you want...

btw those pirates ain't the worst part of that quest...They're cake compared to what else you need to kill...

yeah man that was some bullshyt. i took one look at that shyt and hopped right back on my horse.