The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt (PC, Xbox Series X|S, Xbox One, Switch, PS5, PS4)

Ari Gold Bawse

The Bawse of all Bosses
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
London
before i left Velen i went to the North of it and found tower that was locked off

found a way in through a underground cave

found all kinds of high level weapons :blessed:

Novigrad here i come

The Fukin Prophecy

RIP Champ
Daps
Some of these quests got me like :dahell:

Started Bear School....which says it's level 16.

Unrelated, a random guy in Skellige asks for help. The quest is like level 25 or some shyt, I'm level 15. So I just tell him "ok, cool, I'll meet you later".

Go to the first spot for Bear School....and the guy is there like "ready to help me?". If you tell him no, he dies and you fail the quest. Obviously if you don't tell him no, you're probably gonna die because the quest involves 3 level 25 enemies and you have to keep him alive.

The worst part is the supposedly level 16 quest is in the same area. You can't even get to where you need to go without running past him and the 3 level 25 enemies. :mindblown:

Fred.
Don't even bother with the bear school till you're at least level 22...You wont be able to use the superior gear till youre 26 anyways and the enhanced gear is the toughest to get...I got everything quick but I was level 30 when I started...

You gotta fight all types of demons for every chest...The enhanced silver sword for example is on an Alcatraz type island...The island is an abandoned prison filled with level 15 pirates and dogs...you don't even have time to dock the boat before arrows start flying at you...

• Dap
Reactions: hex

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Don't even bother with the bear school till you're at least level 22...You wont be able to use the superior gear till youre 26 anyways and the enhanced gear is the toughest to get...I got everything quick but I was level 30 when I started...

You gotta fight all types of demons for every chest...The enhanced silver sword for example is on an Alcatraz type island...The island is an abandoned prison filled with level 15 pirates and dogs...you don't even have time to dock the boat before arrows start flying at you...

I figured it was something like that.

I don't understand why the quest info is wildly inaccurate though. I mean, technically you can start it at 16, because I think the first step is talking to someone. But if the level changes, the quest info should reflect that. And putting the level 25 NPC directly in the way of where you need to go is kinda goofy, too.

But :yeshrug:

Fred.

Ari Gold Bawse

The Bawse of all Bosses
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
London
Met Lambert during a Witcher contract and now im supposed to go to Skellige :dwillhuh:

I just got to Novigrad, how do i get to Skellige brehs

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps

this quest with Lambert was recommended for Level 11

There's a quest called "Destination: Skellige" in Novigrad. You talk to Captain Wolverstone in a bar called The Golden Sturgeon, he charges you $1000 for a ticket.

There is level 15 or 16 enemies on the way to Skellige though, so be careful.

Also if you just got to Novigrad there's no reason to go to Skellige, especially at 12. Most of the stuff in that area is high level, 18-30+. There's a ton of stuff to do in Novigrad and the surrounding areas.

Fred.

Ari Gold Bawse

The Bawse of all Bosses
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
London
There's a quest called "Destination: Skellige" in Novigrad. You talk to Captain Wolverstone in a bar called The Golden Sturgeon, he charges you $1000 for a ticket.

Also if you just got to Novigrad there's no reason to go to Skellige, especially at 12. Most of the stuff in that area is high level, 18-30+. There's a ton of stuff to do in Novigrad and the surrounding areas.

Fred.
yeah i was just seeing if i could finish the quest and get back to Novigrad.

ill hold it till im higher level then, it was Faroe

• Dap

Rain

👀
Staff member
Supporter
Daps

Fred.
There's a blacksmith in Novigrad that you can unlock that will supposedly craft you some special shyt. So I took on the quest and the dude said he needed me to get him some supplies that were in Skellige. So I needed to find a ship that would take me there. Mind you at this point, I didn't think much of the difficulty of the quest. So I find a ship (free btw so you should take this route if u not trying to blow money) and the next thing I know I'm on my way to Skellige and these level 16 pirates jump on the ship and murk everyone and I'm left to fend them off at level 8 :damn:

fukk those pirates :mjcry:

• Dap

daze23

Siempre Fresco
Daps
I figured it was something like that.

I don't understand why the quest info is wildly inaccurate though. I mean, technically you can start it at 16, because I think the first step is talking to someone. But if the level changes, the quest info should reflect that. And putting the level 25 NPC directly in the way of where you need to go is kinda goofy, too.

But :yeshrug:

Fred.
can't you just avoid the level 25 enemy?

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
can't you just avoid the level 25 enemy?

No, because I've already signed up for a side quest that just happens to be in the same area. The side quest was 25, I didn't want/expect to have to do that along side the level 16 one....but when you go to the very first Bear School area the level 25 quest starts. If you don't help the NPC he dies and you fail the side quest....and then you got 3 level 25 enemies on your ass in the same room where the level 16 Bear School treasure is.

Fred.

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
There's a blacksmith in Novigrad that you can unlock that will supposedly craft you some special shyt. So I took on the quest and the dude said he needed me to get him some supplies that were in Skellige. So I needed to find a ship that would take me there. Mind you at this point, I didn't think much of the difficulty of the quest. So I find a ship (free btw so you should take this route if u not trying to blow money) and the next thing I know I'm on my way to Skellige and these level 16 pirates jump on the ship and murk everyone and I'm left to fend them off at level 8 :damn:

fukk those pirates :mjcry:

Yeah I got the "Destination: Skellige" quest early as fukk, put it off until around 9 or 10 and then died on the boat. Luckily I saved beforehand and just reloaded, then ignored it until level 15.

Even at level 15 there isn't much to do in Skellige, it'd probably be better to go there at 18+.

Fred.

daze23

Siempre Fresco
Daps
No, because I've already signed up for a side quest that just happens to be in the same area. The side quest was 25, I didn't want/expect to have to do that along side the level 16 one....but when you go to the very first Bear School area the level 25 quest starts. If you don't help the NPC he dies and you fail the side quest....and then you got 3 level 25 enemies on your ass in the same room where the level 16 Bear School treasure is.

Fred.
that's kind of a weird situation, but it seems it's more the fault of that level 25 quest, and not the level 16 quest being "wildly inaccurate"

the Bear School quest is recommended for level 16? don't you have to be level 17 to even wear it?