The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt - Blood and Wine

Animal House

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
just seen those skellige posts, glad i wasn't the only person who hated that place:scust:

i stopped chasing the ?'s in the water, that shyt took a lifetime to get. one of the worst ideas i seen in a minute

Supreme

King
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NC
I turned off the question marks

I didn't do all of the ?s. For the most part, I only did them when I would come across them on my way somewhere but I usually didn't go out of my way to get to them

Didn't have the patience for that...

I'm not bout that treasure hunting life nor do I care about 100% completion...

I only did the witcher gear, all that other shyt...:camby:

Yep. I wouldn't have been able to complete the game if I did all of them, or even half.

Yeah, to an extent, that's for the best. A lot of times, you'll find yourself going to one of those places only to find some gear that you're well beyond their level and worth. Thing is tho, there are those places of power to look out for and new villages and whatnot. Granted, neither of those are hardly ever within water, so you can just bypass those ones.

just seen those skellige posts, glad i wasn't the only person who hated that place:scust:

i stopped chasing the ?'s in the water, that shyt took a lifetime to get. one of the worst ideas i seen in a minute

None of you are worthy of this

Snatching chains on site:ufdup:

Ciggavelli

|∞||∞||∞||∞|
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Houston
just bought the first dlc a few days ago once i heard the new one is dropping this month. so far its dope, i haven't started the main questline yet but i did a few side missions and i was in tears when i seen those knights were pushing that yola:russ:

i basically said fukk it and bought the season pass over uc4:yeshrug:
Witcher 3 is the best game of this generation. UC4.....nah, breh, nah :manny:

Ciggavelli

|∞||∞||∞||∞|
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Houston
None of you are worthy of this

Snatching chains on site:ufdup:
For real man. You ain't finish the game until you get all the question marks. Yeah, Skillige sucked, but I got all of them. I got some good loot, but most of it was shyt though :mjcry:

I can't wait for the new expansion. Gonna be playing it on my new 1440p widescreen :wow: :blessed:

Supreme

King
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NC
For real man. You ain't finish the game until you get all the question marks. Yeah, Skillige sucked, but I got all of them. I got some good loot, but most of it was shyt though :mjcry:

I can't wait for the new expansion. Gonna be playing it on my new 1440p widescreen :wow: :blessed:

:ohlawd:

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
New 5 minute dev diary:

Looks incredible brehs. :wow:

Fred.

Last edited:

Grand Conde

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Witcher 3 is the best game of this generation. UC4.....nah, breh, nah :manny:

You said yesterday you hadn't even started Uncharted. :usure:

No game with the garbage ass combat system that The Witcher has can be considered game of the generation of anything.

Ciggavelli

|∞||∞||∞||∞|
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Houston

No game with the garbage ass combat system that The Witcher has can be considered game of the generation of anything.
It's a new day and things changed. I played a bit of UC4. I guess it's not technically fair to call Witcher 3 GOTG until I beat UC4, but we'll see. Witcher 3 is so good :ohlawd:

Khalil's_Black_Excellence

The King of Fighters
Daps
Reppin
Phoenix, AZ

The combat system being "bad" is vastly overstated, as it's pretty decent actually and the variations of sign usage and whatnot extends and adds variety to playstyles. It is quite simple and not too crazy, but it's more than serviceable in its own right per the type of game it is. The main issue is the controls or rather, the responsiveness to it or at times, lack thereof, slights the combat more than anything. Also, in some measures, it can be a bit button masher-friendly due to your normal attacks have no stamina or any sort of nuanced execution system in place needed to hammer continuously. On harder levels (the hardest at least in my playthru experiece), not all enemies and situations will stand up to mashing, but it does work in some cases for sure tho.

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
The combat system being "bad" is vastly overstated, as it's pretty decent actually and the variations of sign usage and whatnot extends and adds variety to playstyles. It is quite simple and not too crazy, but it's more than serviceable in its own right per the type of game it is. The main issue is the controls or rather, the responsiveness to it or at times, lack thereof, slights the combat more than anything. Also, in some measures, it can be a bit button masher-friendly due to your normal attacks have no stamina or any sort of nuanced execution system in place needed to hammer continuously. On harder levels (the hardest at least in my playthru experiece), not all enemies and situations will stand up to mashing, but it does work in some cases for sure tho.

Combat was fine once you got used to it. It wasn't gonna win any awards but I was always :mjlol:when people would say "Bloodbourne" got better combat. That's like saying "The Witcher 3" has a better open world. It's apples and oranges.

Fred.

Grand Conde

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL

Who said it was bad? 'Decent' and 'serviceable' sure, but games of the generation don't have average combat systems. And yes the controls and feel of Geralt were also problematic.

I like the game but it has some notable flaws that BB and Uc4 don't have.

Grand Conde

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Combat was fine once you got used to it. It wasn't gonna win any awards but I was always :mjlol:when people would say "Bloodbourne" got better combat. That's like saying "The Witcher 3" has a better open world. It's apples and oranges.

Fred.

False comparison. Bloodborne isn't an open world game. Both games have combat systems though.

It's almost like you never played BB. :ohhh:

The King of Fighters
Daps
Reppin
Phoenix, AZ
Who said it was bad? 'Decent' and 'serviceable' sure, but games of the generation don't have average combat systems. And yes the controls and feel of Geralt were also problematic.

I like the game but it has some notable flaws that BB and Uc4 don't have.

Ummm....didn't I quote you saying that it was garbage, lol?

As for your statement here tho, that really all depends on the type of game it is and what it's full scope of what it's trying to do. The Fallout games have worse combat systems than this, save for the VATS, which is almost half cheat code, lol, and it's consider a GOTG by many as well (sure as shyt not me tho).

The King of Fighters
Daps
Reppin
Phoenix, AZ
False comparison. Bloodborne isn't an open world game. Both games have combat systems though.

It's almost like you never played BB. :ohhh:

THat was his point tho, lol! BB is a pure action rpg, derived from 3rd person hack n slash sub-genre, whereas Witcher is open world RPG. GTA is an open world game and it has a "combat" system of sorts with hand-to-hand fighting, however it doesn't compare to Godhand.