The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt - Blood and Wine

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
THat was his point tho, lol! BB is a pure action rpg, derived from 3rd person hack n slash sub-genre, whereas Witcher is open world RPG.

Exactly. I read his post like :snoop:

False comparison. Bloodborne isn't an open world game. Both games have combat systems though.

It's almost like you never played BB. :ohhh:
:martin:

C'mon man. Seriously?

"Bloodbourne" is built around grueling combat. It's the core of the game. The world and story are a distance second.

"The Witcher 3" focuses on it's world and story. It's combat is serviceable but nothing special.

Again, apples and oranges.

Even if you could argue "TW3" combat is awful, it's not bad enough to outweigh everything else in the game. Which is why it's getting the praise it did. It's not difficult to figure out.

Fred.

Grand Conde

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Ummm....didn't I quote you saying that it was garbage, lol?

As for your statement here tho, that really all depends on the type of game it is and what it's full scope of what it's trying to do. The Fallout games have worse combat systems than this, save for the VATS, which is almost half cheat code, lol, and it's consider a GOTG by many as well (sure as shyt not me tho).

Oh my bad, that was hyperbole. It's average, not terrible but not particularly good either.

Being objective I feel like UC4 has the polish and absence of flaws that put it into the gotg category.

Grand Conde

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
THat was his point tho, lol! BB is a pure action rpg, derived from 3rd person hack n slash sub-genre, whereas Witcher is open world RPG.

I understand his point - however the combat systems in both games are quite similar imo, and one does combat far better than the other.

Grand Conde

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Exactly. I read his post like :snoop:

:martin:

C'mon man. Seriously?

"Bloodbourne" is built around grueling combat. It's the core of the game. The world and story are a distance second.

"The Witcher 3" focuses on it's world and story. It's combat is serviceable but nothing special.

Again, apples and oranges.

Even if you could argue "TW3" combat is awful, it's not bad enough to outweigh everything else in the game. Which is why it's getting the praise it did. It's not difficult to figure out.

Fred.

(A) this combat was secondary bullshyt is such a massive cop-out. It's an RPG with a mediocre combat system - you are just making excuses for the developers doing a poor job with the combat, the controls and the feel of Geralt

(B) From put a huge amount of work into the design, feel and atmosphere of the world. There is also lots of lore for you to pick through, you just have to actively seek it out. You would of course know this...if you actually played the game.

Khalil's_Black_Excellence

The King of Fighters
Daps
Reppin
Phoenix, AZ
I understand his point - however the combat systems in both games are quite similar imo, and one does combat far better than the other.

I don't think they're THAT similar. If anything, their backdrop themes are similar enough to lend themselves to having similar factors, such as magic, swords, monsters, etc. It's like saying that the Walking Dead Games and the Resident Evil games & the Dead Rising games have similar combat. No, but they do have obviously similar things that would lend some of the combat to having the same things (zombies, guns, etc.)

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
(A) this combat was secondary bullshyt is such a massive cop-out. It's an RPG with a mediocre combat system - you are just making excuses for the developers doing a poor job with the combat, the controls and the feel of Geralt

I'm not making excuses because this isn't a problem. It's a problem to you.

And that's fine but I'm :mjlol:at "this isn't considered a game of the generation contender"....when it clearly is, regardless of how you feel about it. It won a retarded number of awards, including GOTY multiple times, sold something like 7-8 mill, is basically unanimously praised on The Coli....it's a success by any measure of the word, that would go towards "game of the gen" discussions here or anywhere else on the 'net.

So yeah....it's a game of the generation contender. If you want to sit here and nitpick the combat :manny: have fun.

Fred.

Supreme

King
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NC
Anytime a Witcher thread is made I see the same nikkas coming in to try bash the game in any lil way they can. shyt is:scust:

If you dont like the game you dont have to fukking play it:ufdup:

tumblr_n6ppy7jo3C1qfpe3mo2_500.gif

NatiboyB

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Yo I haven't played this game in a minute but where are the vampires?

Grand Conde

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Story > combat in my book. Witcher 3 combat has it's problems, but it's not terrible. The story and ride is well worth it. Best game I've played in 3 years :wow:

Reality is, I doubt my view is any different regarding the game than other people, I liked the DLC a lot and I've pre-ordered this DLC. But as this is the Coli everyone is extra fukking defensive and super aggressive if you say anything negative in anyway about " their" game. :yeshrug:

Grand Conde

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I'm not making excuses because this isn't a problem. It's a problem to you.

I'd imagine mediocre combat and some unresponsive controls are a problem for any game that is an action RPG. :usure:

And that's fine but I'm :mjlol:at "this isn't considered a game of the generation contender"....when it clearly is, regardless of how you feel about it. It won a retarded number of awards, including GOTY multiple times, sold something like 7-8 mill, is basically unanimously praised on The Coli....it's a success by any measure of the word, that would go towards "game of the gen" discussions here or anywhere else on the 'net.

So yeah....it's a game of the generation contender. If you want to sit here and nitpick the combat :manny: have fun.

I'll put it at number 3 as gotg, behind UC4 and Bloodborne respectively. Marked down for its combat, some glitches, Geralt is sometimes unresponsive. Personally I feel the over-arching story is generic and the middle part of the game drags on. Bloodborne gets marked down for FPS and camera problems. UC4...not sure really.

Also I fukking hate when people bring up awards. Do you know how many awards DAI and Shadow of Mordor won? Titanic, greatest film ever? :mjlol: