The Witcher 3 Runs At 1080p Resolution On PS4, 900p On Xbox One

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Loyalty to a console breh? Really?
As surprising as it sounds, there are people who literally won't part with their preferred platform simply because reasons. Last gen I copped a 360 first and PS3 last. The gen before that I never bought a Xbox and only had a PS2 and Gamecube. This gen I went with PS4 first solely off the fact that the library of franchises made by Sony first parties are going to be there and the price point made it all too easy.

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
You know very well that is not why we play these games. If that were the case, people would have left the PS2 when the OG Xbox came out. We play games, not systems. Of course, I'm an Xbox stan, largely because i prefer what they place priority on as far as connectivity and their controller is better to me. Depending on when I plan on building a new PC, I might get this for that due to it being the master race and all. I built my PC back in 2012 so I'm thinking a 4 year cycle might be appropriate.
What's your specs??

daze23

Siempre Fresco
Daps
As for PC, CD Projekt plans to add an ultra setting that, according to Mamais, you'll need a beefy machine to use.

"But I think it'll be worth it," he said. "Our ultra is pretty much the peak in games. At least we hope it is. The stuff we're doing is going to look really amazing."

Witcher 3 on PC ultra settings adds better tessellation, more physics, more post-processing and more realistic fur, Mamais said.

By comparison, the graphics of the console versions are equivalent to high settings on PC

:win:

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
You know very well that is not why we play these games. If that were the case, people would have left the PS2 when the OG Xbox came out. We play games, not systems. Of course, I'm an Xbox stan, largely because i prefer what they place priority on as far as connectivity and their controller is better to me. Depending on when I plan on building a new PC, I might get this for that due to it being the master race and all. I built my PC back in 2012 so I'm thinking a 4 year cycle might be appropriate.

PS2 had a year plus headstart, had a great following from the PS1, and had games (lots of exclusives)

This round...there is no headstart, PS following is still great and allowed them to overtake the 360 despite the headstart, and the 3Ps (Price, Power, and PR) killed MS.

I've said it before, MS showed their cards as far as where they wanted to take console gaming and that shyt didn't fly with gamers. Then to release a weaker, more expensive system, with horrible PR (Matrick, NSA shyt, PRISM), only worsened the blow.

Back on topic, I'm gonna party THIS ENTIRE GEN on the larrybots and their struggle versions compared to the PS4 of games. They really thought they were gonna takeover, but ended up getting ethered....don't ask me how.... :ahh:

Heretic

GOLDGANG...
Daps
Reppin
Alabama
album.jpg

They in denial breh. battered wife clowns. MS keeps getting them cysed with a a bunch of nonsense that aint shyt but marketing fluff Still holding out hope that magically the Larrybox will get stronger than the PS4.

Personally some multiplats I got on Xbox bc of friends and preferred controller. Other I got on ps4 bc of content and being the better looking version. Case and point, I got battlefield and assassin's creed on xbox for the above reasons and tomb raider and mgs on ps4 for the above reasons. The difference in resolution really ain't that big of a deal to me. It's the exact same as last gen to me except the resolution roles are reversed.

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
Personally some multiplats I got on Xbox bc of friends and preferred controller. Other I got on ps4 bc of content and being the better looking version. Case and point, I got battlefield and assassin's creed on xbox for the above reasons and tomb raider and mgs on ps4 for the above reasons. The difference in resolution really ain't that big of a deal to me. It's the exact same as last gen to me except the resolution roles are reversed.

It's not just resolution, but framerate and effects too though.

Heretic

GOLDGANG...
Daps
Reppin
Alabama
It's not just resolution, but framerate and effects too though.

Either way, that same difference applied to a lot of ps3 multiplats last gen, it never stopped me from playing them. Plus the difference now isn't so big that it makes one version unplayable versus the other. I tried tomb raider(my brother has it on Xbox) on both systems and even though I knew the ps4 version was better, the difference wasn't startling like I thought it would have been. People were acting like the xbox version had a layer of vaseline on the screen or some shyt. Last gen the batman games ran better on xbox and I got them on ps3 bc of the extra content, I don't feel like I missed out by getting the lesser version unless it's skyrim levels of difference.

Olu Dara

^^^^^^^^^^^^
Supporter
Daps
Titanfall, Killer Instinct, And the plethora of system features that you really can't live without once you have them

You buy an inferior console because of 2 games and some bullshyt features? Ok breh

Heretic

GOLDGANG...
Daps
Reppin
Alabama
You buy an inferior console because of 2 games and some bullshyt features? Ok breh

I never understood why people can't realize that folk have preferences. I can't imagine not playing uncharted, God of war, gears of war, or halo. Then you have other exclusives like forza, and killzone and infamous. Not to mention, sunset overdrive, the order, drive club, crackdown, tlou, quantum break and whatever else is coming out. That's why I have both systems, but if people choose one or the other, it's easy for me to see why.

Sidenote: I know plenty of people that like titanfall but I have no desire to even play it.

ORDER_66

The Fire Rises 2023
Daps
Reppin
Queens,NY
As surprising as it sounds, there are people who literally won't part with their preferred platform simply because reasons. Last gen I copped a 360 first and PS3 last. The gen before that I never bought a Xbox and only had a PS2 and Gamecube. This gen I went with PS4 first solely off the fact that the library of franchises made by Sony first parties are going to be there and the price point made it all too easy.

And I went solely off the fact that microsoft wanted to fukk over the core gamer with all their DRM restrictions, plus Xbox being more expensive and less powerful system. kinect was mandatory. No trading games, no selling used games, and if you brought a used game you would have to buy the activation code or some shyt. The direspect to the customers during those E3 interviews. no backwards capability!!!!

My whole collection is xbox 360 games, And i just got 2 PS4 games.... If things was different I would have brought an xbox one but the way they shytted on all of us selling us out for TV and bullshyt. i take that shyt very personally.

Maddmike

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I would honestly go PS4, but that xbox controller is just fiya and i happen to dig the voice shyt. When i got my twins aint nothing better then saying play.