The Witcher 3 Runs At 1080p Resolution On PS4, 900p On Xbox One

Dragonfly Jones

Siiiiiiiilence Punk!!
Daps
Reppin
KungFu Fighting & kicks that are fast as Lightning
Neogaf are saying the devs are recommending anyone with PC settings close to these to run the game at 30fps for best experience

Intel CPU Core i7 3770 3.4 GHz/AMD CPU AMD FX-8350 4 GHz
Nvidia GPU GeForce GTX 770/AMD GPU Radeon R9 290
RAM 8GB
OS 64-bit Windows 7 or 64-bit Windows 8 (8.1)
DirectX 11
HDD Space 40 GB

Originally Posted by FLAguy954

I couldn't really find the translation on the western sites so here it is, news from the first hand. Here is the link to the interview in polish language http://www.gry-online.pl/S018.asp?ID=1132 and below I'll try to include short summary:

Currently there are 230 people working on The Witcher 3

Prologue and tutorial aimed for casual players will be skippable

Having recommended specs will allow for playing in 30 frames per second.

PC specs aren't exaggerated, although the team is still working on the optimization

PC players will be able to import saved state from previous game OR decide themself about their character's past. Consoles will stick with just the second option

PC, PS4 and Xbox One use the same build, textures and models. Game will look almost identical on all platforms, although Xbox's version will be showed in 900p, scaled up to 1080p.

The probably most controversial part about FPS straight from the interview:

Na polecanych wymaganiach dla PC osiągniemy 30 czy 60 klatek?
Myślę, że będziemy wyświetlać 30 klatek. Do samego końca zamierzamy pracować nad wydajnością, to niezwykle istotne, maszyny są bardzo zróżnicowane. Programiści niezwykle zabiegali o to, abyśmy nie uprawiali demagogii i nikogo nie oszukiwali, podciągali ogłoszone wymagania pod niższe specyfikacje. Jest jak napisaliśmy, może być tylko lepiej.

Translation:

PC recommended specs will be able to run the game on 30 or 60 frames per second?
I think, we'll stick with 30 FPS. We're not going to stop working on performance until the very end, it's crucial matter to us, there are different PCs with different specs. Programmers insisted on avoiding tricking the players by lowering predicted specs. As I mentioned before, It can only get better.

Pardon me for any mistakes, fellow poles, feel free to bash me and suggest some fixes.

And don't kill the courier please D:

The Fukin Prophecy

RIP Champ
Daps
Those who want 120 FPS in a retarded resolution across 6 monitors will be complaining as usual...

I game on my 60" Samsung with an i5 4670k, GTX 780, 16GB ram and a 500GB SSD...Very confident I'll get 45-60 with my specs in 1080p everything maxed out except ubersampling which I could give a fukkless about...

BobbyBooshay

Arnold Jackson
Daps
Reppin
London
WIth my setup I should get 40-60fps too

Cant wait for the mods
:banderas:

Witcher 2 still looks amazing

itsyoung!!

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Bay Area
http://www.reddit.com/r/dyinglight/comments/2ttr2d/is_it_just_me_or_does_this_game_run_horribly/

everyone is having problems with dying light too. is his specs weak? and have you tried running this game yet
you can find performance issue complaints even with games that require very little requirements like League of Legends and World of Warcraft.. More than likely its a driver issue thatll be patched (something related to video cards) within the next day or two if it isnt already fixed yet.

im watching Lirik stream right now at over 60+fps and hes streaming which takes a toll on your CPU/GPU..

seems the cinematic are locked at 30 fps regardless of system tho ?

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
So tell us what you see different that isn't "funny" as you put it :laff:

Quantum Break coming soon, have fun with bloodborne. I'm sure you can't wait for that bruh :usure:

This.....

xabIEeQ.png

:youfury:

Where you been hidin? :pachaha:

PS5 Pro

DC looking a 1/2 seed right about nuh
Daps
Reppin
The Original Rec Room Gang
This.....

xabIEeQ.png

:youfury:

Where you been hidin? :pachaha:
I been working on thangs on and offline. Plus I have another website allows me to make topics
That website is way more active than here because of it :manny:
I'd still rather rock with you dudes cuz of the history, but not at the expensive of being ostracized
So like @cook would say, I'm thankful. Seriously, honestly, I'm thankful. Cuz you know what I'm up too
And that doesn't happen without help from a community. This community is anti Courtdog so I'll make like QB Hectic and take my ball home :to: