The Wire

SuckFohh

Pro
Daps
Nope...It was just this weird moment that was never followed up on in any way. 1

I read somewhere that there was supposed to be a follow up but was cut out since the show was cut short.

But I thought that brief moment at least showed why Rawls was constantly calling somebody else gay or making sexual statements.....all an attempt to deflect attention from himself.

Daps
Reppin
Baton Rouge, LA
This is completely true. One of the reasons why the wire was so good. the characters were very deep. they just weren't able to expound on all of it like they would have liked.

young3000

Most wanted baby father
Daps
Reppin
where they cross-over and clap boards
I went through and watched all the seasons again. On season 5 right now where Marlo's crew almost had Omar until he jumped off the balcony on some batman shyt :wtf:

They really made Omar untouchable. Lol @ me going to the store and buying a box of honey nut Cheerios and it made me think of Omar (not in that way :comeon: ) :ohhh:

Leonard Washington

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
A little town called none ya got damn bidness
am I the only one who never bought into that Marlo character ?
dude never looked as scary as they made it sound
chris & snoop on the other hand...

Look at it this way, Marlo had to have done some ill shyt for Chris and Snoop to respect him. You saw the way he came at Chris in the "My name is my name" scene

Daps
Reppin
The Last of the Outlaws

The minimalistic almost primal nature of his character is what made him "scary". Most cats who calmly tell you what they're going to do to you typical have full intention to do so and pro'ally done it before

-P-

Mic-Nificent

I didn't eat nobody
Daps
Reppin
NULL

I don't think Marlo was ever supposed to be scary, he was just supposed to be seen as cold and ruthless (which he was).

cornercommission2k12

so this were u dudes went
Daps
Reppin
300 murders a year
i totally disagree with most of the sentiment

season 2 was a great season

i just personally think most dont want to see drug dealing, ignorant shyt unless its black people doing it. which is sad cause if the writers of the wire didnt go there a argument could be made on racial stereotyping and prejudice. but the creators of the wire dared to show how not only white people sell drugs (and to an extent control the drug game) but they are arrogant in they actions cause they swear no police will even come after them. and the thing is white people def sell drugs and are heavy in this pill/ meth game. but yet 75% of all drug arrest are still black people catching the cases.

season 2 introduced us to the greek and the root of where the drugs of baltimore were coming from.

it introduced us to bro mazone (or however you spell it)

it introduced us to cheese

prop joe played a more major role in season 2

the way stringer handle shyt was more on broadcast in season 2

de angelo execution

"is the chair going to recognize we go look like some bytches" is always a classic scene or was that season 3?

avon setting shyt up in jail to get his time reduced

bodie and crew going to war in the middle of the street is a classic scene, with the kid getting killed.

stringer setting up bro mozone (again however you spell it)

it was a lot of great moments in season 2.

season 2 was a great season.