The Wire - Season 2 (Discussion)

DarthHater

Rookie
Daps
Reppin
NULL
It was probably the worst season but that being said, it was the worst one out of AMAZING other seasons. So Season 2 wasn't that bad actually, it was necessary and set up a lot of the rest of the show. I'd rewatch it :yeshrug:

Silkk

Thats My Quarterback :to:
Daps
Season 5 ruined the series. Worst finale ever.

I think season 2 was the best season because the Greek moved like real criminals and didnt make dumb mistakes like stringer bell. The co-op concept ruined shyt as well. I liked the political angle as well as the police politics more than most of the street element. Season 3 is overrated and season 4 wasn't that good because Marlo had no personality. The elections basically salvaged it. The school system story line didn't belong.

Overall the series had a bunch of plot holes and a lot of shyt just didn't make sense to me which is why I felt season 1 and season 2 the most.
Marlo's Character Was That Of A Tyrant, He Was Cold & Calculating In His Motives

And The Corner Kids Are What Made Season 4/5 So Great :what:

Ethnic Vagina Finder

The Great Paper Chaser
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
North Jersey but I miss Cali :sadcam:
Marlo's Character Was That Of A Tyrant, He Was Cold & Calculating In His Motives

And The Corner Kids Are What Made Season 4/5 So Great :what:

the greek was cold and calculating. marlo was dumb. prop joe was able to manipulate him. he killed for no reason and his muscle took credit for killing stringer bell. His name didn't even ring out at the end.

Other than michaels transformation, the corner kids story line was weak. and the whole school thing with covin and the doctor was dumb.

Silkk

Thats My Quarterback :to:
Daps
the greek was cold and calculating. marlo was dumb. he killed for no reason and his muscle took credit for killing stringer bell. His name didn't even ring out at the end.

Other than michaels transformation, the corner kids story line was weak. and the whole school thing with covin and the doctor was dumb.
:childplease:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aT7TxMaZ4eM"]The Wire - Marlo Dismantles the Co-Op - YouTube[/ame]
He was the smartest one the whole series. Marlo took the connect from prop joe and then raised the price of the brick

Then he sold the connect for 10 mil

The Corner Kids story was the best part. The transformation and growth of Michael, Dooky, Namond, Randy, & Even Kenard was what made the show Greatness

DaveyDave

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Australia
if i was watching it as it aired i probably would have hated S2 but i liked it because i didn't get to see The Wire until S3 or 4 started getting released on dvd over here. not the best season but important & still dope IMO

Ethnic Vagina Finder

The Great Paper Chaser
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
North Jersey but I miss Cali :sadcam:
:childplease:

The Wire - Marlo Dismantles the Co-Op - YouTube
He was the smartest one the whole series. Marlo took the connect from prop joe and then raised the price of the brick

Then he sold the connect for 10 mil

The Corner Kids story was the best part. The transformation and growth of Michael, Dooky, Namond, Randy, & Even Kenard was what made the show Greatness

:comeon: If Stringer wouldn't have snitched on Avon, Marlo and his crew would've got got in season 3.

The Greek, had a man working for the FBI. None of them ever rocked hand cuffs or even came close. Lester and McNulty aint even try to go after them after a while. Them nikkas gave up.

Marlo sold the connect for 10 mil not because he wanted to but because he was forced to.

HHR

Do what you love
Daps
I've said this before, but if you didn't like season 2 then you were more than likely watching the show for the wrong reasons.

beenz

Rap Guerilla
Daps
Reppin
The Chi (South Side)
I have seen ALL of the wire except season 2. I even had it on DVD and I have HBOGO, and I have never watched it. I got like 2 or 3 episodes in, and I just didn't give a fukk and went right to season 3 instead for more piff with the barksdales and emerging stanfield crew.

GoldenGlove

😐😑😶😑😐
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
I liked how they showed how Avon still got shyt done even when he was locked up.

D'angelo though

:sadcam: