mvp_status

Superstar
Daps
season 2 is good

love the scene where they are about to bust in the whore house

* eager cops walks in with battering ram

Danials: Whow why?
Eager cop: We suppose to take the door and get in quick
Bunk: Calm the fukk down. Aint like they are going to flush a couple dozen whores down the toilet.

:dead:

I liked the part where Bunk & Daniels were listening on the wire to McNulty choosing girls while undercover in the ho house

McNulty: :why: Such a hard decision. Can I select two?

Daniels: :snoop:

Bunk: :obama: that's my boy

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
"The Wire" is the only GOAT contender to have fans say "you need to skip a season". shyt is :snoop: every time I see it.

"Yeah son, Wire is the GOAT, except season 2 (or whatever) you can skip that because...." :whoa: slow the fukk down. If you're skipping seasons it can't be the GOAT. It's either the GOAT and you should watch every season, or it's not the GOAT. It's as simple as that.

Fred.

jay211

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
IT'S THE GOAT. Period. Ain't nothing touching THE WIRE. Season 2 is great. nikkas just gotta rewatch to appreciate all the things that season 2 laid the groundwork for. And how much meaning it had. That quote by Sabotka that we used to build shyt in this country was real talk.

yseJ

Empire strikes back
Daps
Reppin
The Yay
season 2 is still amazing. its just imo the weakest of the bunch along with season 5, but its still dopeness

its like choosing the weakest track on illmatic or something...

lol at skipping a season. its not even an option. how the fukk are you gonna skip it ? :snoop:

Urahara_Kisuke

12th Squad O.G.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
12th Squad
Nick Sobotka's girlfriend Aimee :ohlawd:

tumblr_mal6fcExOZ1qe5dmbo1_500.jpg

RickyGQ

No nikkas!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NJ
One of my favorite scenes in the show was from season 2...

Last edited by a moderator:

Mr. Manhattan

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NYC
If u understand economic issues, season 2 is an excellent narrative
I'm tired of these one track minded people only thinking about the hood shyt, The wire was about a city not the characters

Ethnic Vagina Finder

The Great Paper Chaser
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
North Jersey but I miss Cali :sadcam:
Season 5 ruined the series. Worst finale ever.

I think season 2 was the best season because the Greek moved like real criminals and didnt make dumb mistakes like stringer bell. The co-op concept ruined shyt as well. I liked the political angle as well as the police politics more than most of the street element. Season 3 is overrated and season 4 wasn't that good because Marlo had no personality. The elections basically salvaged it. The school system story line didn't belong.

Overall the series had a bunch of plot holes and a lot of shyt just didn't make sense to me which is why I felt season 1 and season 2 the most.

Tony D'Amato

It's all about the inches
Daps
Reppin
Inches
Season 5 ruined the series. Worst finale ever.

I think season 2 was the best season because the Greek moved like real criminals and didnt make dumb mistakes like stringer bell. The co-op concept ruined shyt as well. I liked the political angle as well as the police politics more than most of the street element. Season 3 is overrated and season 4 wasn't that good because Marlo had no personality. The elections basically salvaged it. The school system story line didn't belong.

Overall the series had a bunch of plot holes and a lot of shyt just didn't make sense to me which is why I felt season 1 and season 2 the most.

I was wit u at first, but season 3 and 4 was piff:rudy:

And the school system story was great. The newspaper story was azz.

Last edited by a moderator:

Ethnic Vagina Finder

The Great Paper Chaser
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
North Jersey but I miss Cali :sadcam:
I was wit u at first, but season 3 and 4 was piff:rudy:

The Wire - Stringer Wants Clay Davis Dead - YouTube

And the school system story was great. The newspaper story was azz.

Avon just summed up why Season 3 was bad. Stringer Bell's character grew progressively :scusthov: from one season to the next. He let Prop Joe manipulate him and he ended up snitching on Avon. his character went out like a bytch.

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
I love seasons 1-4, with 4 being arguably the greatest single season of a TV show ever. If it's not the GOAT TV season it's tied with any other GOAT you can mention.

Season 5 is one of the biggest fall offs in TV history. By season 4 though they were....to put it in sports terms, ahead, had the ball, and were just running out the clock.

Fred.