The Wire - Season 2 (Discussion)

Daps
Reppin
Dreadfort
season 2 is very good but compared 3 and 4...its not the best...3 and 4 are near perfect...but i always liked this scene from season 2..even though i hated ziggy ith a pasison this kind of made me feel sorry for him:

and who can forget this quote:

the single quote that defined the state of american working class

imo season 2 is underrated...sure it wasn't about the exciting things like the drug dealing aspect of the wire but it was mostly about hte plight of the normal people

Last edited by a moderator:

Brofato

Fade Doe
Daps
season 2 is very good but compared 3 and 4...its not the best...3 and 4 are near perfect...but i always liked this scene from season 2..even though i hated ziggy ith a pasison this kind of made me feel sorry for him:

imo season 2 is underrated...sure it wasn't about the exciting things like the drug dealing aspect of the wire but it was mostly about hte plight of the normal people

Yeah, Ziggy was my least favorite character that season. Frank though, I don't see why people didn't like him, he was just trying to keep his working class hustle going. I thought it was a pretty solid season, might have to give it another run through.

jay211

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I'm moving on to my re-watch of Season 3 today. I'll report back.

But I agree Frank was a great character. It was smart to touch on the working man and the things that they had to resort to so they could keep making a living.

Daps
Reppin
Dreadfort
Yeah, Ziggy was my least favorite character that season. Frank though, I don't see why people didn't like him, he was just trying to keep his working class hustle going. I thought it was a pretty solid season, might have to give it another run through.

lets just get this clear..the wire is the best show in the history of everything..so all seasons are amazing even in normal standards but if you stack up season to season and compare them..season 3 and 4 are the best..1 and 2 are toss ups and 5 is the worst imo but all seasons are objectively amazing

seemorecizzy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Season 2 is probably the most boring season of the wire but its also probably the most important

It builds the foundation for season 3,4 and 5

A lil slow at times but overall i consider it a solid season

We Major

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
UK
The shift in everything had me :beli: :what: but then when I watched it all a second time it had me :ohhh: :whoo:

Bud Bundy

A Bundy never cares
Daps
season 2 is good

love the scene where they are about to bust in the whore house

* eager cops walks in with battering ram

Danials: Whow why?
Eager cop: We suppose to take the door and get in quick
Bunk: Calm the fukk down. Aint like they are going to flush a couple dozen whores down the toilet.

:dead:

jay211

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
:deadrose:
season 2 is good

Bunk: Clam the fukk down. Aint like they are going to flush a couple dozen whroes down the toilet.

:russ:

That had me rolling.

And don't forget when Bunk and McNulty are watching Spiros. And Bunk talks about Spiros's clothes. And McNulty goes "You know what they call a man who pays so much attention to their clothes? Bunk: Ya, a grown up. lol

Bunk and McNulty the GOAT duo.

Uptown WaYo87

HARLEM/BX
Daps
season 2 is good

Bunk: Calm the fukk down. Aint like they are going to flush a couple dozen whores down the toilet.

ya ever noticed that the eager cop was the same one mike robbed in season 4? i love that type of subtle shyt