The Wire - Season 2 (Discussion)

jay211

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I just re-watched season 2 of The Wire. It gets a lot of unnecessary hate. Frank Sabotka was a real nikka. He was trying to hold down the union. I also loved how it showed the bigger level of the drug game with the Greeks and how the shyt comes in through the ports.

It also showed you Stringer and how cold that nikka was by setting up D'Angelo and how he started to making moves on his own. Then you got Brother Mouzone busting a cap in Cheese. Talk about a great intro.

I also liked Nicky, he was a sharp cat that was brought down by his idiot cousin. Gotta appreciate a guy just trying to make some cheese and gain a better life.

I think the season was a good change up from season 1 to keep the show fresh.

DaylitoJames

#SnitchGang Elite
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Sneak Nation
I like Season 2, it kinda set up the rest of the seasons in a lot of ways. Plus season 2 introduced Cheese and Brother Mouzone... one nikka you loved and one nikka you hated.

jay211

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Oh my bad. Earlier when I clicked the thread it gave me some weird message. Continue discussion.

Uncle_Ruckus

We The North
Daps
Reppin
T Dot
i skipped that season. aint NOTHING fukking wit seasons 1,3 and 4. 5 was my least favorite. 2 is not even worth mentioning.

jay211

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I hate that argument people say it wasn't focused on the streets. It showed how the distribution process is handled through the ports and then funneled from the ports to the streets. Also it showed how another area, "the white area" and how they deals drugs and how it's different then WEST BMORE etc.

Plus later in the seasons you see how THE CONNECT is the most important thing to any dealer, and SPIROS and them were the connect for the co-op. People should really watch season 2 again and see how much it set the table for the later seasons.