The Wire rewatch Seasons 1>4>2>3>5

zayk35

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Escondido California
I hated Season 2 for a while. But on maybe my 3rd re-watch it started to make more sense. Especially when I attempted to skip from season 1 straight to season 3 and realized you must watch season 2. They could've done without season 5 tho

threattonature

Veteran
Daps
All the seasons start off boring if you don't know how to watch the show. I had to learn as I was too used to the instant gratification. They have all these little side stories and slowly start to build the stories until it gets to a point where the walls start closing in and everything starts all coming together. shyt is like a chess match watching the pieces get moved around with what appears to be inconsequential moves until you see they've set the traps For me the seasons go 4,3,1,2,5. Four classics and one that is still amazing but slightly below classic due to the newspaper storyline taking up too much time.

darealvelle

Real Talk
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
All the seasons start off boring if you don't know how to watch the show. I had to learn as I was too used to the instant gratification. They have all these little side stories and slowly start to build the stories until it gets to a point where the walls start closing in and everything starts all coming together. shyt is like a chess match watching the pieces get moved around with what appears to be inconsequential moves until you see they've set the traps For me the seasons go 4,3,1,2,5. Four classics and one that is still amazing but slightly below classic due to the newspaper storyline taking up too much time.

The wire seasons don’t pick up until episode 4

TNC

Hardbody
Daps
More like how the dare they relegate all the black characters in the cast to secondary characters in second season after carrying the entire show on their back for the incredible first season.

The most foreboding part about all that is that Season 2 of the Wire was its highest rating season... probably because it put white people to the forefront :mjpls:

Black Ball

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The Mighty LBC
I'd put 4 up against anything else in the history of TV. After that 1, 2, 3 and all great and 5 is pretty terrible.

Fred.

GOT last season was pretty terrible. Dexter last season was pretty terrible. Lost last season was pretty terrible.

Season 5 was rushed and below Wire Goat standards but still solid.

I can watch and enjoy Season 5 while acknowledging it's the worst of the 5.

Those other shows last seasons attempted to ruin the whole franchise, while the Wire was still wrapped up nicely.

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
GOT last season was pretty terrible. Dexter last season was pretty terrible. Lost last season was pretty terrible.

Season 5 was rushed and below Wire Goat standards but still solid.

I can watch and enjoy Season 5 while acknowledging it's the worst of the 5.

Those other shows last seasons attempted to ruin the whole franchise, while the Wire was still wrapped up nicely.

None of those shows are on the level of "The Wire" though.

Season 5 of "The Wire" would be a good/great season of any other show but for "The Wire" that shyt was kinda trash.

Fred.

Piff Perkins

Veteran
Daps
S5 is the only season that isn't great. I'd have to rewatch again in order to rank but I remember feeling that S3 and S4 were the strongest.

People hating on S2 in 2020, after multiple years that have proven how prophetic that season was. You want to understand what's going on in this country, the death of the middle class and the slow stranglement of the working class...watch that season.

HollywoodP

#LongLive24 #TMC America's Team, Lakeshow, & ASU
Daps
Reppin
The Valley Of The Sun 602🌵480🌵623🌵520
3 > 1 > 4 > 2 > 5

Perfect ranking. First 4 seasons are classic.
-Season three is the pinnacle of television

-Season 1 and 4 are interchangeable. I'd give the edge to S1 just cause I dig the characters like Weebay and Orlando and Shardene not to mention the regulars. Plus settings like the Pit....The Towers...Orlandos. And cause it was the first one.
-Season 2 gets alot of unnecessary hate. I get it though. It had a lot of new characters and atmosphere that took some getting used to but if you've watched the Wire numerous times like me...it really holds up right with the others.
-Season 5...while I believe its still really entertaining and excellent...just doesn't really quite match up with the others. I don't know, Jimmy completely falling off the wagon, Bunk and Kima actin like bytches. That being said I really find the political aspects of season 5 to be very well written and entertaining. Carcetti descending into scumbag politician like everyone else. Very well done. Just something about it wasn't as good as the rest. Maybe it was rushed, or just had some forced story arc closures. Too much liberty with the based on a true story events. A few too many new characters being introduced...I don't know. Still a great season of the GOAT Series.

Last edited: