The Wire rewatch Seasons 1>4>2>3>5

hostsamurai

Demon King Of Salvation
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
London
In hindsight season 2 was the most cohesive season out of all of them. Introduced and expanded on great characters like Frank Sabotka, Valchek, Got to see Bunk and Lester team up, McNulty's self-destructiveness on full display. Everything tied up at the end, all of it started because of Valchek's buffoonery. For me it's gonna be 1 - 2 - 4 - 3 - - - 5.

Luke Cage

Coffee Lover
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Harlem
1, 3, 4, 5, 2..that Ziggy season? fukk outta here. And Frank Sobotka was a complete idiot. The female cop add on and the Greeks being shown was about it.
i agree with this ranking.

as much as people can appreciate season two for it's acting , it was still a completely different show. It was sopranos about blue collar dock workers, not bad but completely out of place, and low key insulting considering how much piff we got from the previous seasons characters, Spent the whole waiting for the barksdale crew to show up again and never really got it.

Season 1 and 3 are the wire to me, thats the original concept of the series and the og characters get the most shine. and you know what? they work the best. Who do you think of when you think of this show?
Omar
Stringer
Avon
Bodie

They get the most shine in these two seasons.

Zero

Wig-Twisting Season
Daps

as much as people can appreciate season two for it's acting , it was still a completely different show. It was sopranos about blue collar dock workers, not bad but completely out of place, and low key insulting considering how much piff we got from the previous seasons characters, Spent the whole waiting for the barksdale crew to show up again and never really got it.

Season 1 and 3 are the wire to me, thats the original concept of the series and the og characters get the most shine. and you know what? they work the best. Who do you think of when you think of this show?
Omar
Stringer
Avon
Bodie

Yeah, how dare they show how the drug dealers get the drugs in the first place. :rudy:

Tryna Makit

High plains drifter
Daps
I feel like you got 3 too low.

I may be the only person that was a fan of Season 5 too by the way lol.
You not
I personally love season 5
Because the two biggest scumbag criminal pieces of shyt in the series finally got some kinda punishment.

1. Clay Davis's ass getting extorted for once...Lester got his punk ass

2. Fukking MCNULTY!!!
Finally fukking did himself in...i hated that backstabbing self righteous cocksucking cop cac for 5 seasons and couldn't wait for him to fall.

Now mind you both these guys got relatively disproportionate punishment for the shyt they did...but man was it satisfying to finally see them get got.

1, 4, 3, 2, 5

Ku$h Parker

I'm Nothin Correctable
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Prime Minister of S.B. Westside

Omar
Stringer
Avon
Bodie

Id throw in Bubs & McNutty also

Luke Cage

Coffee Lover
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Harlem
You not
Because the two biggest scumbag criminal pieces of shyt in the series finally got some kinda punishment.

2. Fukking MCNULTY!!!
Finally fukking did himself in...i hated that backstabbing self righteous cocksucking cop cac for 5 seasons and couldn't wait for him to fall.

Now mind you both these guys got relatively disproportionate punishment for the shyt they did...but man was it satisfying to finally see them get got.

1, 4, 3, 2, 5
you still have it ranked last though :mjlol:

l
Typical "I'm only watching for the drug dealer aspect" viewer.

Stick to Marvel shows, little buddy.
you're being disingenuous right now. The drug dealer aspect is the main thing that changed, i would've had the same complaint if they had cut Mcnulty and Kima and lester and all of them out of the season two . but their roles still stayed just as prominent.

Luke Cage

Coffee Lover
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Harlem
You not

2. Fukking MCNULTY!!!

1, 4, 3, 2, 5

l
Id throw in Bubs & McNutty also
I agree, but like i said, they never got killed off or cut out of seasons. so you could mention any season for them. the others ebbed and flowed with their impact on the series, and the entertainment value of the show followed.

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
I'd put 4 up against anything else in the history of TV. After that 1, 2, 3 and all great and 5 is pretty terrible.

Fred.

Tryna Makit

High plains drifter
Daps

l

you're being disingenuous right now. The drug dealer aspect is the main thing that changed, i would've had the same complaint if they had cut Mcnulty and Kima and lester and all of them out of the season two . but their roles still stayed just as prominent.

Yea...it was close between that and season 2.
Season 5 had a lot of bullshyt but i still loved it

Zero

Wig-Twisting Season
Daps
So its some basic "dey got rid uh da blak folx :damn:" TLR thing when, surprise surprise, white people are involved too, and wouldn't you know it, they're even worse than the ones selling poison on the streets considering they brought it to the city in the first place.

But who cares about the cause, right? :unimpressed:

Luke Cage

Coffee Lover
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Harlem
So its some basic "dey got rid uh da blak folx :damn:" TLR thing when, surprise surprise, white people are involved too, and wouldn't you know it, they're even worse than the ones selling poison on the streets considering they brought it to the city in the first place.

But who cares about the cause, right? :unimpressed:
you keep coming to wild conclusions. so imma leave you with this.
Season 3 and 4 did a much better job balancing new characters with old ones. Season 2 just sidelined half the cast from season 1 for an entirely different angle.