The Wii U Thread

up in here

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
You are absolutely right.

But people forget that we (my generation at least) grew up to Nintendo. that was our system as kids. We played Mario and Luigi. Now to have it again, it brings back memories. The games are so much fun and easy to learn.
Even tho the procontrol looks like the ps controller- I still prefer the Wii's pro controller set-up. It's easier to press the buttons and use the joysticks.

I've had all three systems including the new PS. And in all honesty, Wii is by far the best system for when you want to play with friends.

It's a very cool system
It's crazy cause we have the nostalgia when we play but my son is 6 and his favorite games are Kirby, Mario, Donkey Kong, Sonic, Pikmin and especially Smash Bros. it's crazy cause he loves those games and he doesn't have the nostalgia factor. I even tried to put him on to the old NES/SNES/Genisis versions but he prefers the new ones. He also plays my iPad and has tried some of my PS3 games but if given the choice he always chooses the wii and now the wii u. What I like best though is that the games are child friendly but they aren't strictly kiddy games and we can play them together and have a lot of fun.

OJ Simpsom

Banned
Daps
It's crazy cause we have the nostalgia when we play but my son is 6 and his favorite games are Kirby, Mario, Donkey Kong, Sonic, Pikmin and especially Smash Bros. it's crazy cause he loves those games and he doesn't have the nostalgia factor. I even tried to put him on to the old NES/SNES/Genisis versions but he prefers the new ones. He also plays my iPad and has tried some of my PS3 games but if given the choice he always chooses the wii and now the wii u. What I like best though is that the games are child friendly but they aren't strictly kiddy games and we can play them together and have a lot of fun.

That's good to know. My son is one but likes to watch us play- I've noticed. He sits quietly and watches the screen. I let him play with the gamepad- but I fear he might take it and toss it. lol

The wii has better graphics I guess and the remotes are different- maybe that's why he prefers it over the old systems.

The PS3 remote drives me insane. Okay yes I'm a girl and all the stereotypes may apply- but the damn thing is too much to hold and master with pressing the buttons. Somehow my one year old knows how to use it better than me.

I'm anxiously waiting for the new mario kart 8. I am going to go buck wild. Might need to take a day off work to unlock everything.

Brief Keef

Superstar
Daps
That's good to know. My son is one but likes to watch us play- I've noticed. He sits quietly and watches the screen. I let him play with the gamepad- but I fear he might take it and toss it. lol

The wii has better graphics I guess and the remotes are different- maybe that's why he prefers it over the old systems.

The PS3 remote drives me insane. Okay yes I'm a girl and all the stereotypes may apply- but the damn thing is too much to hold and master with pressing the buttons. Somehow my one year old knows how to use it better than me.

I'm anxiously waiting for the new mario kart 8. I am going to go buck wild. Might need to take a day off work to unlock everything.

:blessed:

up in here

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL

i know what you mean, i was real hesitant about letting my kids use the gamepad cause i was worried he would break it, especially after they scratched the screen on the DS, but i let them use it now just not with the stylus and they have to be very gentle with it, but they are a bit older than yours. my daughter (4yo) likes to watch mostly but she also likes to join in with co-cop games, even though she isn't that good at them yet. my son is good at most games but he gets me to join in if it gets to a difficult part.

i think one of the reasons they prefer the newer games aside from improved graphics is that they are a little easier. like Kirby is perfect for young kids because you are pretty much invincible. Mario is a little more difficult for them but with co-op you can help them get through the harder stages and they still have alot of fun. NSMBU is perfect for me cause my daughter uses the touch screen while me and my son play. my son said playing nintendo games is like playing a cartoon. and they love nintendoland too.

i get what your saying about controls too. me personally, i had a ps1, ps2 and ps3 so its like second nature to me but nintendo controls do seem a little bit more intuitive with their first party games especially, and the wiimote is one of the simplest controllers ever. nintendo controllers are very easy to pick up and play and i find for me they are also always very ergonomic. it took my son a bit of time to learn how to use the nunchuck but once he got it he got real good real quick. with games like Raving Rabbids and deBlob he can rush through stages and he has surprisingly became very good at the Pikmin games, which impressed me cause there is a bit of strategy involved.

and yeah, im hanging out for Mario Kart 8 too, we still play Mario Kart Wii in my house and me and my wife get real competitive with it too, so we both really looking forward to 8.

Family Man

Banned
Daps
Yeah, last night I was playing some of my new games and messing with some ot the system features I hadn't used before and was thinking that the Wii U is a really cool system. It's one thing to not prefer the system or the types of games that Nintendo puts out, but I agree that the people on this forum who enter Nintendo threads just to say shyt like "Wii U is finished" or "nikkas still play Nintendo?" haven't seriously used the system.

Also to people saying Nintendo should sell the Gamepad separately: Nobody would buy it, and then the system would literally be Wii 2 without it
It's already just a upgraded Wii with HD graphics. What do you think the "u" in Wii U stands for? With that said, the Wii U is great system and an excellent value for me especially because I didn't own a Wii. I can go back and play classic Wii games (Mario Galaxy 2, Smash Bros, Zelda, etc) along with the Wii U games.

I also have that Wii Sports Club game that my wife and I play. Great console and a lot of fun.

up in here

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Anyone played warriors orichi 3 hyper, I been looking for some co-op games I can play with wifey and I read it has two player dual screen story mode co-op which is kinda what I was looking for. but I never played 1 or 2, would this be a problem or should I be able to follow it if I start at 3?

teacher

All Star
Daps
Rayman Legends is 30 at target and amazon and probably every where else....its a beautiful looking game much prettier then the 2 d mario games

up in here

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
any of yall play that Sonic Lost World game? Is it worth $30? :patrice:
I dont own it myself but I played both before and after the most recent patch and I would say it is worth it now. A lot of the biggest faults seem to have been addressed. From what i played i liked it and im gonna pick it up soon but I still got a bit of a backlog of games I'm tryna get through. I think there might be a demo on eshop