The Wii U Thread

Ruck

Where the hell is Diamond?!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Last Frontier
yeah im keeping it. finished the first and second worlds of super mario 3d world and its been a blast playing with my girl. i think the wii u is a great console, and id totally recommend it. the thing is, it's priced the way it is because of the gamepad that comes with it. i really love it, but you don't need it to play games (at least from my experience from playing the sm3dw and wwhd). i think if nintendo sells the console with the regular wii controller and drop the price to $200, i think folks would be interested in purchasing.

id totally recommend the gamepad, tho. it just adds another dimension to the experience. what's cool is that when i play by myself, i use the gamepad like a handheld, and then i can watch tv at the same time. its really light and touchscreen is really responsive. been watching avatar korra on amazon prime too. not the greatest contrast and can be a bit too bright for watching movies, but it does hd pretty good considering its low ppi.

Kodie

Pro
Daps
yeah im keeping it. finished the first and second worlds of super mario 3d world and its been a blast playing with my girl. i think the wii u is a great console, and id totally recommend it. the thing is, it's priced the way it is because of the gamepad that comes with it. i really love it, but you don't need it to play games (at least from my experience from playing the sm3dw and wwhd). i think if nintendo sells the console with the regular wii controller and drop the price to $200, i think folks would be interested in purchasing.

id totally recommend the gamepad, tho. it just adds another dimension to the experience. what's cool is that when i play by myself, i use the gamepad like a handheld, and then i can watch tv at the same time. its really light and touchscreen is really responsive. been watching avatar korra on amazon prime too. not the greatest contrast and can be a bit too bright for watching movies, but it does hd pretty good considering its low ppi.
Selling the gamepad separately would be a good look I think. Most games don't absolutely need it. I do like it as well. I end up primarily playing on the gamepad. And yeah, considering the ppi, the screen is pretty amazing.

OJ Simpsom

Banned
Daps

Those were mine and hubby's feelings exactly. The price is rather high, but it's worth it. The games are far more entertaining than others on ps and xbox.

twan83

GOAT FATHER
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Texas
Those were mine and hubby's feelings exactly. The price is rather high, but it's worth it. The games are far more entertaining than others on ps and xbox.

ya same here been playing with the fam or watching stuff on gamepad

KevCo

Bond's gun spoke once....
Daps
Reppin
The Weird Side

Its funny how people that dont have the system or havnt spent time with it at length are the ones to rip it apart...most of my friends have one and i dont think ive seen too many owners dislike it, if any at all..

Daps
Its funny how people that dont have the system or havnt spent time with it at length are the ones to rip it apart...most of my friends have one and i dont think ive seen too many owners dislike it, if any at all..

Yeah, last night I was playing some of my new games and messing with some ot the system features I hadn't used before and was thinking that the Wii U is a really cool system. It's one thing to not prefer the system or the types of games that Nintendo puts out, but I agree that the people on this forum who enter Nintendo threads just to say shyt like "Wii U is finished" or "nikkas still play Nintendo?" haven't seriously used the system.

Also to people saying Nintendo should sell the Gamepad separately: Nobody would buy it, and then the system would literally be Wii 2 without it

up in here

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I wouldn't recommend a gamepad less version because it seems essential to the experience, even if it isn't used to the fullest extent in a lot of games. Like I find simply using it as a map or inventory management helps immerse me into the game because it takes away clutter from the main screen and also eliminates the need to pause the game during play. Games that do this well are Zombiu, Windwaker HD, Monster Hunter 3U, Darksiders 2. Meanwhile games like RE revelations, AC3, Arkham City have good inventory management but you still need to pause the game to interact with the map which can be jarring after playing the other games. I think Pikmin 3 has a great middle ground where the map is interactive and it automatically pauses gameplay when you touch the map screen but it doesn't require you to actually go into a menu screen so it is far more fluid. It's such a little thing but I find it to be a really brings up the experience for me.

Platformers dont really seem to have much use for the second screen outside of Rayman, but they are great for off screen play. I find games with set cameras work best for offscreen whereas games with dynamic cameras like Arkham City and Darksiders make me kinda dizzy and feel better on the TV, but it might just be those two games cause WWHD plays great offscreen.

IMO, Dual screen multiplayer is one of the best uses for the game pad and I am really suprised it isn't utilized more. It just makes so much sense and is really a great experience. Im pretty much picking up anything that has this feature. I would love a full campaign dual screen co-op game. I realize that might not be ideal for most folks but me and wifey always play together so it would work perfectly for me.

As far as the game pad itself, I love how it feels in my hand and am suprised it's so light. I have read some people say it makes their arms tired and I really don't see how, I play for hours at a time and my arms have never get tired at all. I love the use of the gyroscope in some games, it feels very smooth. I would like a brightness adjuster though, sometimes the screen is a little bright and takes a second for my eyes to adjust, especially if I'm playing in the dark.

Wild self

The Black Man will prosper!
Supporter
Daps
Yeah, last night I was playing some of my new games and messing with some ot the system features I hadn't used before and was thinking that the Wii U is a really cool system. It's one thing to not prefer the system or the types of games that Nintendo puts out, but I agree that the people on this forum who enter Nintendo threads just to say shyt like "Wii U is finished" or "nikkas still play Nintendo?" haven't seriously used the system.

Also to people saying Nintendo should sell the Gamepad separately: Nobody would buy it, and then the system would literally be Wii 2 without it

Sad that we are even having that discussion in this thread. People are too damn egotistical with that groupthink mentality and can't do shyt on their own.

OJ Simpsom

Banned
Daps

You are absolutely right.

But people forget that we (my generation at least) grew up to Nintendo. that was our system as kids. We played Mario and Luigi. Now to have it again, it brings back memories. The games are so much fun and easy to learn.
Even tho the procontrol looks like the ps controller- I still prefer the Wii's pro controller set-up. It's easier to press the buttons and use the joysticks.

I've had all three systems including the new PS. And in all honesty, Wii is by far the best system for when you want to play with friends.

It's a very cool system

Kodie

Pro
Daps

Yeah, Wii U has some glaring flaws but I'm surprised at how good it is for stuff you might not expect (like Netflix)

Kodie

Pro
Daps
Oh also, I "beat" Mario 3D World and this is easily my GOTY right now. One of my favorite games ever in fact.