The Whitewashing Continues........TUT on SpikeTV

Bawon Samedi

Good bye Coli
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Good bye Coli(2014-2020)
I think I read that. That should definitely tell Hollywood to stop producing this filth. If they don't want to tell the story right, just don't tell it.

I think its up to us to tell the story. They are obviously marketing this show to a white audience. Most of Spike's audience are white males.

Rapmastermind

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
New York City
I've had enough of this whitewashing. This was King Tut:

8tut.jpg

Black as the night sky. Hollywood really thinks' they can rewrite Egyptain History to make all the great people lightskin or white. Sorry it's B.S. and everyone knows it. Hollywood got another Whitewashed Egypt movie coming out next year too. This is why I always loved NaS "I am" Cover:

Nas_-_I_Am....jpg

KingMalik

All Star
Daps
I think its up to us to tell the story. They are obviously marketing this show to a white audience. Most of Spike's audience are white males.

They have their own history though. Why must they interject themselves into everybody else's? I do agree though. I would love if someone wrote an ASOIAF/GOT styled book but, with African kingdoms.

newworldafro

DeeperThanRapBiggerThanHH
Daps
Reppin
In the Silver Lining
I've had enough of this whitewashing. This was King Tut:

8tut.jpg

Black as the night sky. Hollywood really thinks' they can rewrite Egyptain History to make all the great people lightskin or white. Sorry it's B.S. and everyone knows it. Hollywood got another Whitewashed Egypt movie coming out next year too.

It's a slap in the face to the world :snoop:.

What's worse is the simple things, when some teachers will think they are providing edu-tainment to their students on a Friday and show movies like this :scust:

ℒℴѵℯJay ELECTUA

Return of the Khryst
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
ℒℴѵℯJay ELECTUA
TV Ratings: Spike's 'Tut' Draws Solid Sampling in First Night
tut_still.jpg

Nielsen stats for the miniseries on Monday morning.

Ahead of any time-shifting, the three-part Tut averaged 1.7 million viewers for its first telecast. Combined with two encores, it grew to 2.6 million viewers on Sunday night.

The Viacom-owned net, which is in 92.2 million homes, is in its the midst of its latest rebrand — and scripted is looking to be a big part of that. Though Tut is the only project they've committed to, they're actively developing others, including a WWII drama from Bryan Singer.

Tut, which stars Oscar-winner Ben Kingsley, continues through Tuesday night. More and more, audiences have been watching scripted programming on delay, prompting many cable networks to hold off on bragging about numbers until weeks after premieres.

It's a particularly interesting scenario for Spike, which has no real measuring stick for its first scripted project. The success of Tut will be determined by how many stick around for the second part — and how many more join in delayed views.

TV Ratings: Spike's 'Tut' Draws Solid Sampling in First Night

HS_AvanJogia_04_0.jpg

King "TUT" yall :francis::scust:
king-tut-real-face.jpg

J-Nice

A genius is the one most like himself
Supporter
Daps
Imagine what the collective outrage would be if Black actors were cast in a movie where the founding fathers were Black and the slaves were white? People would have a stroke seeing a black George Washington cut down a cherry tree.

hayesc0

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I know the ancient Egyptians started mixing at some point don't know enough about the history but I believe his dna tested was r1b1a2 which is western european to be honest I don't know what to think.

Samori Toure

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I'm not a scholar. Just guesstimating. My thought process is Egypt started black and kept growing lighter and lighter (through intermarriage, conquest/displacement of the natives) until the blackness was washed away. Even if I'm wrong on the years and periods, the overall point is, they were black at the start. Eventually got lighter but, kept their black features, like mulattoes. Then became the Arab mutts we see today.

Actually a lot of modern Egyptians are still Black. Take a look at former Egyptian President Anwar Sadat.

51EOrwe91FL._SX355_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

Moreover testing has shown that Tut was Bantu. His closest living relatives are in Central, South and West Africa. Especailly in and around modern day Uganda and South Africa.

http://www.dnatribes.com/dnatribes-digest-2012-01-01.pdf

Samori Toure

Veteran
Supporter
Daps

Samori Toure

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
U might be right will have to read more about it the fact still remains they stay trying to white wash Egypt.

That white washing is a relatively modern thing (last 300 years or so) to support White supremacy. The Greek writers that actually saw the Egyptians had no problems saying that the Egyptians were Black and they had wooly hair.

Taharqa

Superstar
Daps
Vivant Denon on visiting the sphinx in 1803:

"...Though its proportions are colossal, the outline is pure and graceful; the expression of the head is mild, gracious, and tranquil; the character is African, but the mouth, and lips of which are thick, has a softness and delicacy of execution truly admirable; it seems real life and flesh. Art must have been at a high pitch when this monument was executed; for, if the head wants what is called style, that is the say, the straight and bold lines which give expression to the figures under which the Greeks have designated their deities, yet sufficient justice has been rendered to the fine simplicity and character of nature which is displayed in this figure..."

Moshe.

All Star
Daps