The Whitewashing Continues........TUT on SpikeTV

J-Nice

A genius is the one most like himself
Supporter
Daps
TV Ratings: Spike's 'Tut' Draws Solid Sampling in First Night
tut_still.jpg

Nielsen stats for the miniseries on Monday morning.

Ahead of any time-shifting, the three-part Tut averaged 1.7 million viewers for its first telecast. Combined with two encores, it grew to 2.6 million viewers on Sunday night.

The Viacom-owned net, which is in 92.2 million homes, is in its the midst of its latest rebrand — and scripted is looking to be a big part of that. Though Tut is the only project they've committed to, they're actively developing others, including a WWII drama from Bryan Singer.

Tut, which stars Oscar-winner Ben Kingsley, continues through Tuesday night. More and more, audiences have been watching scripted programming on delay, prompting many cable networks to hold off on bragging about numbers until weeks after premieres.

It's a particularly interesting scenario for Spike, which has no real measuring stick for its first scripted project. The success of Tut will be determined by how many stick around for the second part — and how many more join in delayed views.

TV Ratings: Spike's 'Tut' Draws Solid Sampling in First Night

HS_AvanJogia_04_0.jpg

King "TUT" yall :francis::scust:

KingMalik

All Star
Daps
The Old Kingdom Egyptians were black. Straight Nubian black.

The Middle/New Kingdom Egyptians were a little mixed but, black. I'd imagine a society filled half with biracials/mulattoes (Drakes, J Coles and Zoe Kravitzes) and half with full Black Africans. Alot like African Americans (darkskin and lightskin).

The Late Period Egyptians and Beyond (which is all white people can claim :rudy:) weren't really that black anymore due to invasions/conquests but, the further south you went, there were still some Blacks left.

I mean it's disingenuous as fukk :heh: You take an Egyptian from the Old, Middle or New Kingdom and drop him down in 2015. Whether he was black as Wesley Snipes or brown like Boris Kodjoe, white people know damn well they wouldn't claim him as white today in America.

Bawon Samedi

Good bye Coli
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Good bye Coli(2014-2020)
^^^Actually the Ancient Egyptians even in the Roman period still had significant amount of African admixture...

During King Tut's dynasty the Egyptians were mostly black. They weren't the same admixture of Drake or J Cole. Not even close. As evident as by Zahi Hawass JAMA study the 18th dynasty had STR values more closely linked to Nilotics and even South African Bantus! Whats even more funny is that King Tut died of Benin Sickle cells which is commonly found in people of African descent!!! Yet they show Tut as some Mediterranean European. :weirdo:

Academia already agrees that the Ancient Egyptians showed more affinity to "Sub Saharan Africans", but more importantly Academia=/=Hollywood...

KingMalik

All Star
Daps
^^^Actually the Ancient Egyptians even in the Roman period still had significant amount of African admixture...

During King Tut's dynasty the Egyptians were mostly black. They weren't the same admixture of Drake or J Cole. Not even close. As evident as by Zahi Hawass JAMA study the 18th dynasty had STR values more closely linked to Nilotics and even South African Bantus! Whats even more funny is that King Tut died of Benin Sickle cells which is commonly found in people of African descent!!! Yet they show Tut as some Mediterranean European. :weirdo:

Academia already agrees that the Ancient Egyptians showed more affinity to "Sub Saharan Africans", but more importantly Academia=/=Hollywood...

I'm not a scholar. Just guesstimating. My thought process is Egypt started black and kept growing lighter and lighter (through intermarriage, conquest/displacement of the natives) until the blackness was washed away. Even if I'm wrong on the years and periods, the overall point is, they were black at the start. Eventually got lighter but, kept their black features, like mulattoes. Then became the Arab mutts we see today.

Bawon Samedi

Good bye Coli
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Good bye Coli(2014-2020)
I'm not a scholar. Just guesstimating. My thought process is Egypt started black and kept growing lighter and lighter (through intermarriage, conquest/displacement of the natives) until the blackness was washed away. Even if I'm wrong on the years and periods, the overall point is, they were black at the start. Eventually got lighter but, kept their black features, like mulattoes. Then became the Arab mutts we see today.

That would have mostly came during the Greek/Roman period. But even so there was still significant African admixture noted by even the Romans. But the time we really see the population shift is during Islamic period and beyond, when the delta started to become densely populated as seen today.