The Wheel Of Time - Robert Jordan's Books (Season 2/9.1.23)

MajesticLion

Veteran
Daps
:wow: I hope this show satisfies the book readers but it does look like they condensed the fukk out of it.

To be fair, there's no way most of these shows could possibly satisfy book readers without going full HBO on the budget, 10-14 eps a season type vibes :pachaha:
There's just so much content to work with. Six episodes just feels like it would barely scratch the surface, more like a proof-of-concept season. :jbhmm:
I'm already iffy on the casting, they'd better do this right. :ufdup:

TheNatureBoy

Veteran
Daps
This November :ehh:

WOFT_S1_OneSheet_TeaseArt_PRE_NOV2021_27x40_CPS_r2_en-US-1.jpg

Hopeofmypeople

Veteran
Daps
No trailer but this drops in November…:stopitslime:despite it almost being one week away from August.

Hopeofmypeople

Veteran
Daps
Crazy how the focus is on Moiraine…

For those that know:pachaha:

Most likely because Rosmand Pike is the Sean Bean of this series. I read that Bezos was looking for his own “game of thrones” and wanted sex and gore and there was speculation that the new lord of the rings series was being used as that vehicle. This is a more appropriate series to turn into the next game of thrones seeing as there is actually sex and gore in the original material.

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
Most likely because Rosmand Pike is the Sean Bean of this series. I read that Bezos was looking for his own “game of thrones” and wanted sex and gore and there was speculation that the new lord of the rings series was being used as that vehicle. This is a more appropriate series to turn into the next game of thrones seeing as there is actually sex and gore in the original material.

There’s sex and gore but was it never as gratuitous or graphic in the book series as Song Of Ice And Fire was

Hopeofmypeople

Veteran
Daps
There’s sex and gore but was it never as gratuitous or graphic in the book series as Song Of Ice And Fire was

Rand fukks multiple women and has a harem, sex scenes are depicted in detail in the books. And there is plenty of gore with people getting burned with the OP or cut up. Hell children are even causality of war. Game of thrones is a level above certainly but Wheel of time isn’t all bunny and roses in that respect.

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
Rand fukks multiple women and has a harem, sex scenes are depicted in detail in the books. And there is plenty of gore with people getting burned with the OP or cut up. Hell children are even causality of war. Game of thrones is a level above certainly but Wheel of time isn’t all bunny and roses in that respect.

Game Of Thrones has children being raped. Fathers raping their daughters. Brothers raping their sisters. And don’t even get me STARTED on Ramsay Bolton…

Wheel Of Time has sex and violence but like i said its nowhere NEAR the deprived levels of debauchery depicted in GOT. Everything except adult consensual sex is either implied or happens “off screen” When Rand has sex with one of his harem there aren’t graphic depictions or explanations. Wheel Of Time when it comes to its depictions of sex and violence is easily PG-13 whereas GOT is a HARD R

Hopeofmypeople

Veteran
Daps
Game Of Thrones has children being raped. Fathers raping their daughters. Brothers raping their sisters. And don’t even get me STARTED on Ramsay Bolton…

Wheel Of Time has sex and violence but like i said its nowhere NEAR the deprived levels of debauchery depicted in GOT. Everything except adult consensual sex is either implied or happens “off screen” When Rand has sex with one of his harem there aren’t graphic depictions or explanations. Wheel Of Time when it comes to its depictions of sex and violence is easily PG-13 whereas GOT is a HARD R

I did say it has nothing on game of thrones in that department but it’s closer to it than say LOTR is.