The Wheel Of Time - Robert Jordan's Books (Season 2/9.1.23)

LordDeathwatch

Valar Morghulis
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore, MD / Charlotte, NC
With the route they're taking with Moiraine, that's going to be a huge disservice to not only her character but several others. The only way out is something even more outlandish but they seem to be fond of that.

LordDeathwatch

Valar Morghulis
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Yea , but they need to be the antagonist for a season . 3 of them can drive the entire plot for a season .
The Forsaken chapters were always my favorites, next to Mat but they worked so well because there was still a shroud of mystery around them. I don't know if I can trust these writers to strike that balance.

LordDeathwatch

Valar Morghulis
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Just finished this series, never read the books but I thought is was good. Def will tune in for season 2 too see whats up with the asians causing Tidal waves n shyt

Same just finished it this morning (no work for me this week :blessed: )

Glad you both enjoyed it, who was your favorite character?:jbhmm:

Lord-Yosh

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
New York
Glad you both enjoyed it, who was your favorite character?:jbhmm:
Child Valda :lolbron:

I actually like most of the cast so I wouldn't really have a favorite but I found edgwyen, perrin and mat annoying at times hell rand was killing me the last 2episodes. Sucks that mat is gonna be recasted thought his actor was good.

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
For even a CHANCE at turning this shyt around they need

Ten episodes per season. 8 ain’t gonna cut it

Fire the showrunner and hire somebody who at least gives a passing fukk about the books because Rafe Judkins ain’t it.

Let Brandon Sanderson write at least 3 scripts per season

Increase the budget for SFX. That Trolloc battle in the finale was T R A S H visually.

Mazino

All Star
Daps
It was decent, I haven't read the books so don't have much to compare it to but it was OK and worth a watch the world is interesting but yeah it'll never scale the heights of GOT. Pike is very good in it but the younger cast aren't too convincing on the whole.

Actor that plays Rand is very wooden, reminds me a lot of Hayden Christensen, got a bit better towards the end but clearly didn't get the part due to hi acting chops.

Dude that plays Perrin is comfortably the worst actor in the entire show, he mumbles damn near everything and he looks like he has the worlds worst constipation in scene to scene.

The girls are fine although Nynaeve can't be on the screen too long because she becomes a lil too annoying, the guy who played Matt was the best of the bunch but for some reason he's been replaced which is a shame.

I think how they made those chicks able to defeat the whole army of trollocs was lame considering the trouble Moiraine had with the amount she faced earier on. Last ep was weak overall.

LordDeathwatch

Valar Morghulis
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
For even a CHANCE at turning this shyt around they need

Ten episodes per season. 8 ain’t gonna cut it

Fire the showrunner and hire somebody who at least gives a passing fukk about the books because Rafe Judkins ain’t it.

Let Brandon Sanderson write at least 3 scripts per season

Increase the budget for SFX. That Trolloc battle in the finale was T R A S H visually.
They're in love with Rafe Judkins for some reason, the head at Amazon is always propping him up so there's no way they axe him unless the numbers take a dive. Pike is also heavily involved in the show direction behind the camera with Producer credits, so I wonder how much she's contributed to some of these decisions.

Everything else I agree with, especially getting to at least 10 episodes. There's too much content being left on the cutting room floor and that's hurting it as much as anything else.

69 others

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
was looking forward to this show but it just feels cheap and uninteresting. It's a shame cause it seems like an interesting story (not a book reader). Amazon or whoever could have done a better job.

Made Man

All Star
Daps
was looking forward to this show but it just feels cheap and uninteresting. It's a shame cause it seems like an interesting story (not a book reader). Amazon or whoever could have done a better job.
As a book reader, I’m going to give it at least one more season. They had to film under difficult circumstances so I’m willing to see what they have to offer with better prep.

But who am I kidding , I loved the books . It was definitely my first intro to Epic fantasy . So they could be shyt and I will probably still watch it .