The Wheel Of Time - Robert Jordan's Books (Season 2/9.1.23)

Majestyx

Duck Season
Daps
Reppin
Los Scandalous
I haven’t read the books, and haven’t read this thread, but the show isn’t doing a good job of hiding who the dragon is. It had to have been better concealed in the books.

voltronblack

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I haven’t read the books, and haven’t read this thread, but the show isn’t doing a good job of hiding who the dragon is. It had to have been better concealed in the books.
:russ:no the hell was not honestly the show does better than book in trying to make you guess which one it is but like if you see enough chosen one storys I think you would be able to pick one the faster than other people would:manny:

nieman

Daps
Reppin
Philly

HELL NO!! :russ::russ::russ: It was spoiled on page 1, and confirmed in case it wasn't obvious enough like 1/3 through. And the only reason it wasn't confirmed earlier is because the book uses so many POVs. Like @voltronblack said, the show is trying better, but you should already know if you're familiar with the trope. I think they should already come out and say it and move along.

Last edited:

Blackfyre

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Earthrealm
It wasn't much of a mystery as to who the Dragon Reborn in the books but given all the changes the show has made so far, I wouldn't be surprised if they pulled a Captain Planet where by their powers combined they make the dragon reborn.

Kooley_High

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Da South
This feels a lot like “Legend of the seeker” in terms of effects and story pacing. Still reluctantly watching :francis:

Majestyx

Duck Season
Daps
Reppin
Los Scandalous
:russ:no the hell was not honestly the show does better than book in trying to make you guess which one it is but like if you see enough chosen one storys I think you would be able to pick one the faster than other people would:manny:
Ok, cuz sheeeit, if someone said it in this thread, it’s so damn obvious, I wouldn’t even consider it a spoiler :russ:

detroitwalt

Superstar
Daps
It wasn't much of a mystery as to who the Dragon Reborn in the books but given all the changes the show has made so far, I wouldn't be surprised if they pulled a Captain Planet where by their powers combined they make the dragon reborn.

:deadrose:

I thought Matt was just being funny. Nope Mat said
giphy.gif

I think this was the best looking episode so far. Lot of great scenes in the White Tower.

I

LordDeathwatch

Valar Morghulis
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore, MD / Charlotte, NC
I wasn't expecting that but apparently it was at this point during production that the actor playing Mat bowed out.
So we have 2 episodes & a hiatus between Seasons to try and forget his standout performance. Here's to hoping the new guy is nearly as in tune with the character.

As far as the episode, despite some :mjlol: worthy deviations, it was almost as good as last week's episode. They just need to keep this tempo heading into the last 2 episodes.

MidniteJay

無敵
Supporter
Daps
So we have 2 episodes & a hiatus between Seasons to try and forget his standout performance. Here's to hoping the new guy is nearly as in tune with the character.

As far as the episode, despite some :mjlol: worthy deviations, it was almost as good as last week's episode. They just need to keep this tempo heading into the last 2 episodes.

You know why the actor decided to bounce?

Made Man

All Star
Daps
THIS.

If they're going to fit a 14-book series into 8 or so seasons, you're gonna have to skip a lot. The entire series is over 11,500 pages long, so you're talking about averaging maybe 150 pages per episode. Can't do that without skipping quite a lot.

I've heard speculation, though, that some major events they skipped are potentially just gonna be shifted to a later time. I don't know what events (no spoilers), just some reviewers speculating it can happen.

Just from what has been shared so far, it seems like the entire world is full of peoples whose homes were destroyed thousands of years ago in various events. "Weep for Manetheren" is about refugees whose home was destroyed thousands of years earlier. Lan Mandragoran mentions that he prays for "the home we lost", apparently the homeland his people lost some time in the distant past. The gypsy people have been wandering for thousands of years and lost their Song thousands of years ago. And who even knows what happened in this world's history for the thousands and thousands of years before that? It seems like human history is MUCH older there than it is here.

How would people not have spread out in that time? All those different refugees, from all those different cataclysmic events, having to leave their homes and start anew over and over. Makes sense to me that it would be pretty mixed up by this point. It would have been weirder if everyone was "pure-blooded" or whatever as if they had somehow stayed in racially segregated families that entire time, but they've done a pretty decent job of mixing in a bunch of mixed-race characters which adds believability to the situation.
Not to mention the breaking . Literally continents shifted .