The Wheel Of Time - Robert Jordan's Books (Season 2/9.1.23)

King Harlem

Superstar
Daps
Just watched the first episode and ...........:francis:
I wasn't very impressed. I've heard so much about these books so I'm definitely going to stick with it, but I doubt this will be the next Game of Thrones.

LordDeathwatch

Valar Morghulis
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore, MD / Charlotte, NC
I wasn't very impressed. I've heard so much about these books so I'm definitely going to stick with it, but I doubt this will be the next Game of Thrones.
Definitely not strong outta the gate but neither was Book 1.

Trying hard to keep the faith.:francis:

LordDeathwatch

Valar Morghulis
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore, MD / Charlotte, NC
Critics got to see the first 6 episodes & seem to be lukewarm on this at best. Evidently it's 6 episodes just getting to the Tower, considering there's only 8 episodes this entire season how can they possibly do the Eye of the World justice? That's huge.

nieman

Daps
Reppin
Philly
Critics got to see the first 6 episodes & seem to be lukewarm on this at best. Evidently it's 6 episodes just getting to the Tower, considering there's only 8 episodes this entire season how can they possibly do the Eye of the World justice? That's huge.

I figured that would be a problem since the episode count was revealed. Honestly, this show needed a full season order, or at least 15 per. It's not like they're really shelling out for effects. I see why some folks said Syfy channel.

Overall, I like episode 1. I think aging them up was good, and they got to show off a good deal of their personalities...loving Nynaeve, She has the character perfectly. I also liked how they're stalling the reveal of the Dragon...because after you read the first page of Eye of the World you knew who it was. So far, I'm not liking Egwene though. She doesn't have Egwene's...umm...spunk yet..

I like how Two Rivers folk are scrappy. While Tam got busy, his Herron-marked blade reveal was trash.

nieman

Daps
Reppin
Philly
Why they do my boy Perrin like that though?:francis:

Why the fukk does Mashandar look like that? It's a fukking fog, don't make it a glorified shadow.:hhh:

Where is Thom's mustache? That's like Nyn without a got damn braid.:stopitslime:

:russ: @ the Dragon Reborn possibly being a woman to increase audience investment in the big reveal.

I'm pissed they're changing Mat out because as expected, he's the best thing about the show thus far.:francis:

:mjpls: @ Padan Fain, Inquisitor, & Darkfriend all being black.

Loial is black though

detroitwalt

Superstar
Daps
Seen the first episode and I’m really disappointed in the changes so far, although the trolloc attack was pretty dope.
I'm trying to watch and ignore the books as best I can. Perrin being married and Egyane(however you spell it) as a dragon reborn candidate threw me off.

I knew Perrin's wife was dead though as soon as Matt mentioned him being married. Didn't think she would go out like that though.

I'll finish the other 2 eps tonight

Blackfyre

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Earthrealm
I'm trying to watch and ignore the books as best I can. Perrin being married and Egyane(however you spell it) as a dragon reborn candidate threw me off.

I knew Perrin's wife was dead though as soon as Matt mentioned him being married. Didn't think she would go out like that though.

I'll finish the other 2 eps tonight
Yeah, I might as well just resign my myself to the fact this show is doing it’s own thing and just go along with the ride, hopefully Nynaeve and Egwene become as likable as I found their book counterparts to be.

Grand Conde

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Watched the first episode - it's fine, but its always kind of incredible how "small" the worlds in these shows feel when it's supposed to be the complete opposite. LOTR's trilogy did scope in the most impressive way - might be a medium thing though (film working better for 'big' fantasy stories than TV). I guess it took quite a while for stuff like GoT and The Expanse to really show off their world in a meaningful way as well.

nieman

Daps
Reppin
Philly
Four ta'veren?

I see how this dance is going to go. :hmm:

Honestly, even though they made it clear who the Dragon was early in the book (and boy coming of age in Two Rivers), it really didn't make sense that Egwene wasn't a candidate. She's a part of the pattern and affects it in ways (even though it was explicitly stated that she was not tav'veren) as the boys. Hell, you could argue that Morgaine probably never treated her as such simply because she wanted her as an Aes Sedai.

voltronblack

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
:jbhmm:You know what this show remind of a higher budget legend of the seeker it not so bad it almost like throw back to the fantasy tv shows that were make back in the 90s like Hercules or given the amount of girl power going on like xena warrior princess this show is not so bad if you look it like that IMO:manny: