The 'What Are You Playing?' 2017 Thread

firemanBk

The Manslayer
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
Back to P4G.
These gold hands apparently yield a shyt load of experience and cash but they run like hoes anytime I get near them or escape just when I'm about to KO them :dry:
I got one so far and leveled up like 3 levels with it. 3 others ran away

firemanBk

The Manslayer
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
Man, they were begging me to get back to the castle after saving Yukiko and I ran through it with like no challenge at all until this contrarian king op bytch :pacspit:
I hate difficulty spikes like that. I dusted every shadow on the entire dungeon barely getting touched and then all of the sudden there's a boss that can do like 250+ damage to everyone in my party with one attack.
At least I got everyone to LVL 17 though. Think it's time for me to start fusing these personas

42 Monks

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Carolina
Man, they were begging me to get back to the castle after saving Yukiko and I ran through it with like no challenge at all until this contrarian king op bytch :pacspit:
I hate difficulty spikes like that. I dusted every shadow on the entire dungeon barely getting touched and then all of the sudden there's a boss that can do like 250+ damage to everyone in my party with one attack.
At least I got everyone to LVL 17 though. Think it's time for me to start fusing these personas
P4 and other SMT games are like that. They don't give a fukk about your level or equipment - if you don't grasp and fully utilize the battle system, your shyt WILL get fukked up fast.

firemanBk

The Manslayer
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
It's Contrarian King. It's literally one of my most annoying enemies in Persona. :laugh:
Went back in after saving Kanji and fukked him up. I did almost blow it at one point as I had him down pretty low in health and tried a fire attack only to find out that he was null to it and it healed him :snoop: but I was much better prepared this time so he really had no shot.

Side note, when you're 25 hours into a game and now you ain't even scratched the surface yet :pachaha:
I'm trying to max out these social links and the game keeps throwing more and more at me. Definitely gonna have to new game+ this one to max everything out

42 Monks

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Carolina
I got addicted to shadow of the colossus
Its piff. All of those boss fights were amazing, but some of them were - and still are - unfukkingmatched.

Bodying some of those flying b*stards :wow:

Dark Souls/Bloodborne and Dragon's Dogma try - but there's nothing like bringing those a$$holes down for the first time

firemanBk

The Manslayer
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
Contrarian king can eat a dikk :pacspit:

That fakkit was 1 shotting my squad made me go grind out levels and come back and bytch slap him while I played defense all match
fukk his rampaging ass. He'll never hurt me again though. Bodied him and hope to never see his ass again.

Teddie better get his ass back in the bear suit :stopitslime:
I'm not with this boy band look at all

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
fukk his rampaging ass. He'll never hurt me again though. Bodied him and hope to never see his ass again.

**:stopitslime:
I'm not with this boy band look at all
Spoiler.

Contrarian King drains Fire, blocks Wind attacks and resists Physical and Almighty attacks. It can use Hysterical Slap, Marakunda if it manages a Critical Hit, and the devastating Rampage whose power is enough to take out the player's party in a single cast.

Use Electricity and Ice attacks to bypass its resistances, the player should have Tarunda and Sukunda for this fight as well as a persona that resists Physical attacks if possible. Have Yosuke cast Sukukaja on the party members and use the protagonist to cast Tarunda and Sukunda to weaken him. This will decrease the chance of him hitting the party with Rampage. If the player is successful then Rampage should only hit about 50% at a time. Bring plenty of revival beads because the player will most probably need to revive those that weren't so lucky, and make sure that the protagonist is equipped with the resist physical persona to ensure his survival. If not, any Physical Mirrors you may have picked up on your journey should be used on your Protagonist.

If the Contrarian King is still too difficult, come back when the player has a persona that is immune to Physical attacks, and he should fall easily because he doesn't use elemental attacks.

Get them fusions poppin. Get Jackfrost or Slime with Phys resist. Once u figure out a good exploit you can run through them. I can't remember but I think that enemy can also summon those baby lookin enemies too. I always called him Pringles Man

There's a handful of enemies that can have you wanting to A-town stomp the Vita in this game :laugh: As long as you eat your social link vegetables and fusion while making sure you got debuffs/buffs on deck you should smooth sail through this game. If you think this game is hard try playing SMT 3 Nocturne :wow: shyt is this game on steroids in terms of difficulty.

Last edited:

firemanBk

The Manslayer
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
Spoiler.

Get them fusions poppin. Get Jackfrost or Slime with Phys resist. Once u figure out a good exploit you can run through them. I can't remember but I think that enemy can also summon those baby lookin enemies too. I always called him Pringles Man

There's a handful of enemies that can have you wanting to A-town stomp the Vita in this game :laugh: As long as you eat your social link vegetables and fusion while making sure you got debuffs/buffs on deck you should smooth sail through this game. If you think this game is hard try playing SMT 3 Nocturne :wow: shyt is this game on steroids in terms of difficulty.
The difficulty is fine. After I saved Kanji and had my levels up he wasn't shyt. The double boss in the strip club shocked me. Shadow Teddie fukked my world up on the 1st go round. Got in that ass 2nd time though
:youngsabo:

N*E*R*D

In Search Of...
Daps
Jumping around a lot...

Replaying these on PC...Max Payne 3 & Resident Evil 4

Still going strong on Battlefield 1 and Gears of War 4 Multiplayer on pc thank the gaming gods for crossplay

I'm tinkering with Doom(2016), Enter the Gungeon, Mother Russia Bleeds, and a few other random games