The 'What Are You Playing?' 2017 Thread

Red Shield

Global Domination
Daps
Reppin
.0001%
Gotta get back to playin Nier. shyt came up and I had to stop playin

Dled and played a little of Zombi last night... probably won't continue with it.

cfountain

Wavy Like A Lake
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Louisiana
Beat Mass Effect Andromeda. I enjoyed it. Probably a good thing I went in with low expectations after the initial launch.

Beat the Gravity Rush 2 DLC-Raven's Story. It was decent. Really short but can't complain since it was free and more Gravity Rush.

Now I'm playing through the Uncharted Collection. Gonna run through all 3 then play some other games to cleanse my palette before Lost Legacy.

The Intergalactic Koala

Reporting for Duty
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Koalabama and the Cosmos
header.jpg

STRAFE- Copped this during the GOG summer sale and so far I'm having a blast. Even though the game has a share of bugs, it's fun as hell if you into those retro style FPS games from the 90s.

Quake1cover.jpg

Quake- Never played the first Quake game:mjcry:. So far it's lit and I understand why folks think it's the GOAT. I just wish I didn't have to manually put the soundtrack back onto the game (copyright reasons).

Grand Conde

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Playing:
  • Wipeout: Omega Collection. This is probably the best exclusive racer on PS4. It does everything a bit better than Driveclub with the exception of content and graphics...but at the same time Wipeout has lots of content and great graphics. I also feel like this is a remaster done in a basically flawless manner. If you have this and Dirt Rally, then I'm not sure what else you need.
  • Persona 5. Borderline flawless JRPG. Only issue I'm 20 hours in and still at the beginning. :mjcry:
  • Still have yet to complete Tearaway Unfolded and Resident Evil 7.

cfountain

Wavy Like A Lake
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Louisiana
Beat all 3 Uncharted's in the Nathan Drake Collection. Fun time.

Beat The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt. I had that game sitting there for over a year. Glad I finally got to it. Great story and world.

Next up, beat Uncharted 4 again(as I said, getting ready for Lost Legacy) Might go for the platinum:obama:

I also have Nex Machina preordered and its dropping next week:yes:

cfountain

Wavy Like A Lake
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Louisiana
The Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel 2(Vita)- at the end. 2 bosses to go. Great game, cant wait til 3 drops.

Tokyo Xanadu(Vita) came in the mail today. Gonna play it next.

Preordered Knack 2(PS4) today and also bought Mind Zero(Vita) during the sale.

42 Monks

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Carolina
This is going to be an unpopular opinion, but as much as I love Persona 5 - Tales of Berseria is probably slightly better.

There are so many times where I sit down to play Persona 5 for an hour or two and literally DONT DO shyt that I can't look the other way. Also, the combat is great - but because enemies are so..... I guess 'stagnant' is the word? You end up just playing trial and error for the entire dungeon, and micromanaging resources accordingly instead of actually doing anything. Once you know the weaknesses of everything in the area, you're basically never challenged again until the boss. Then its just a matter of how long you can go before risking it all on fights with 1sp.

Aesthetically, Persona 5 is a GOAT game. Pacing and a inherently cheesed out battle system hold it back.

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
This is going to be an unpopular opinion, but as much as I love Persona 5 - Tales of Berseria is probably slightly better.

There are so many times where I sit down to play Persona 5 for an hour or two and literally DONT DO shyt that I can't look the other way. Also, the combat is great - but because enemies are so..... I guess 'stagnant' is the word? You end up just playing trial and error for the entire dungeon, and micromanaging resources accordingly instead of actually doing anything. Once you know the weaknesses of everything in the area, you're basically never challenged again until the boss. Then its just a matter of how long you can go before risking it all on fights with 1sp.

Aesthetically, Persona 5 is a GOAT game. Pacing and a inherently cheesed out battle system hold it back.
Yeah lol.

I disagree. The "Don't do shyt" part is often my favorite parts of the game. Story development/ social activities are all "the game" to me. i agree the flow of dungeon progression can often be just finding the weakness and going from there but there certainly were parts later in the game(around like Palace 6+) where you went against enemies that DIDN'T have weaknesses and the challenge came from either ambushes, new enemy or w/e. That being said though, the battle system from the SMT system is better imo. SMT3 had a better battle system but Persona 5 is funner because it's so smooth and fast :noah:

I haven't played Tales of Berseria but from what I've played of previous games and from what I've seen no way in hell is it better overall. Story and presentation go a long way in making a JRPG top for me so something as milquetoast as Tales ain't hitting that "GOAT JRPG" for me. I'm not saying it's trash but I could just tell it ain't hitting no epic-ness of P5 for me.

Plus

:wow:

Last edited:

The Intergalactic Koala

Reporting for Duty
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Koalabama and the Cosmos
KF2_Capsule_Main.jpg

Been playing this game religiously. Especially with the double XP week:banderas:. So much fun for a simple mindless shooter:ld:.

dark_fist_expansion.png

This game is the story of my life. Endless grind and getting knocked on your ass. For a tyc00n type of game, its pretty alright if you look past the repetitive nature of it.

NoMercyGameBox.jpg

:to::whew::noah::salute::ohlawd::krs::krs::blessed:That's all I'm going to say about this game.

42 Monks

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Carolina
Yeah lol.

I disagree. The "Don't do shyt" part is often my favorite parts of the game. Story development/ social activities are all "the game" to me. i agree the flow of dungeon progression can often be just finding the weakness and going from there but there certainly were parts later in the game(around like Palace 6+) where you went against enemies that DIDN'T have weaknesses and the challenge came from either ambushes, new enemy or w/e. That being said though, the battle system from the SMT system is better imo. SMT3 had a better battle system but Persona 5 is funner because it's so smooth and fast :noah:

I haven't played Tales of Berseria but from what I've played of previous games and from what I've seen no way in hell is it better overall. Story and presentation go a long way in making a JRPG top for me so something as milquetoast as Tales ain't hitting that "GOAT JRPG" for me. I'm not saying it's trash but I could just tell it ain't hitting no epic-ness of P5 for me.

Plus

:wow:

Breh, there are multiple periods where you don't even touch the social activities and you're just watching a painfully repetitive visual novel. Lets not act like there's a couple of points where you'll end up returning a DVD 19 days late because the story goes completely locked in to some shyt like

"Okumura!"
"Remember what Okumura said?
"What did Okumura say?"
"Okumura said X"
"X!"
"Okumura...."
*in class* "That thing Okumura said is still on my mind"
"Okumura :("

that goes on for hours and weeks in gametime. Like I said, aesthetics are awesome, but its not a substitute. And enemies with no weakness were dumb easy too. They're a cakewalk by that point. There's no challenge to the game until new game+ and hardest difficulty.

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Breh, there are multiple periods where you don't even touch the social activities and you're just watching a painfully repetitive visual novel. Lets not act like there's a couple of points where you'll end up returning a DVD 19 days late because the story goes completely locked in to some shyt like

"Okumura!"
"Remember what Okumura said?
"What did Okumura say?"
"Okumura said X"
"X!"
"Okumura...."
*in class* "That thing Okumura said is still on my mind"
"Okumura :("

that goes on for hours and weeks in gametime. Like I said, aesthetics are awesome, but its not a substitute. And enemies with no weakness were dumb easy too. They're a cakewalk by that point. There's no challenge to the game until new game+ and hardest difficulty.
Come on you lying right here. There's no HOURS going by where they're just talking about one thing in one scene.
What date in the game was WEEKS going by where you weren't able to do anything and the game was at a standstill talking about anything? Usually those moments at best take a day or two before a dungeon starts and usually its broken up with other scenes.

You played on normal on your first playthrough? Because the game def got a little difficult at some parts of the game like post dungeon 7.