The Whale (Dir. by Darren Aronofsky, Brendan Frasier as a 600-Pound Man)

Micky Mikey

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
@Micky Mikey would you recommend someone who is obese watch this movie?
Good ?. I don't know to be honest. It might make them even more depressed and want to start binge eating again depending on their situation. It really depends on the person and what their triggers are. I could see it motivating some people too

Scustin Bieburr

Baby baybee baybee UUUGH
Daps
I actually had to get up and take a moment to collect my thoughts after I finished this movie.

The emotional intensity in the third act of this film was so high, and the way it ended hit so hard that I just had to take a moment to walk around and just stop and think about what I just saw.

This is Brendan Fraser at his best. He deserves his awards. He earned all of them.

The movie has its flaws but this man showed up and did the damn thing.

HipHopStan

Top 113 Poster
Daps
Reppin
I LIVE IN A CARDBOARD BOX!
There were a few subtle hints that his daughter, Ellie, was indeed a psychopath. Her posting that pic of a dead dog on her Facebook and sawing into Charlie's counter with a knife upon seeing a bird in the window. I'm surprised more people didn't pick up on that.

Good movie. I think the least flawed character in the film is the pizza guy. I still say that Fraser's resurgence is the best comeback story since RDJ.

Coolin'

All Star
Daps
Watched this last night on Showtime and I was pleasantly surprised. I didn't realize the different elements this would have; I just thought it'd be about him being overweight, which was still the main component of the movie.

FreedMind

DOPAMINE FOR MY BABY!!
Daps
Reppin
hella international
About a year late, but finally watched this.

Had to keep repeating "OSCAR BAIT, OSCAR BAIT.." in my head to keep a few renegade tears from escaping my eyes during the ending sequence.

I'm not a fan of Aronofsky's work, but having the entirety of his film take place in Charlie's apartment certainly made this work for me!

Great performances.

I'm a pitiful contrarian, and works like the whale make me feel stupid for holding out for so long.