The Weeknd: The Official Thread

Daps
i really wanted to stand the weeknd after hob, but his music dipped. burned bridges with jeremy rose who made some big tunes on hob. plus the fact he cant sing live is sad. you dont see him at award shows because he cant, if he did he be way more popular. im from toronot and i support all nikkas coming outta the city, i want this nikka to succeed. kiss land was garbage.

Dominic Brehetto

Rest In Piss To Your Cousin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Family
i really wanted to stand the weeknd after hob, but his music dipped. burned bridges with jeremy rose who made some big tunes on hob. plus the fact he cant sing live is sad. you dont see him at award shows because he cant, if he did he be way more popular. im from toronot and i support all nikkas coming outta the city, i want this nikka to succeed. kiss land was garbage.
The hell are you talking about? He can sing live fine. Ive seen him 3 times. Hes been on letterman, fallon and kimmel and sounded great on each one.He was just on saturday night live and some people thought he was lip synching because he sounded great.

Sounds like youre a hipster that only liked him at the start.

WickedGames

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
UK
That clip :damn: crowd singing a Weeknd song I aint heard somehow?Just googled. When did Enemy come out??

Mike Ock

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The World, but from BK
I've been noticing when he performs "What you need" its never to the original beat. Was the beat not legally cleared when he got signed? I know they took off Aaliyah's voice at the beginning of it on Trilogy as opposed to when it was a free mixtape.