The Weeknd: The Official Thread

Saka

Pro
Daps
Yo yall need to make a thread about lyrics it sound likes saying and what hes really saying

thing is you'll never be sure i personally think he records his vocals in a way where its subjective an left up to each individual listenin experience.. obv some shyt you kno the dude sayin but its usually the last word in a bar or some that'll fukk wit you like in the after party brehs fukk is he sayin at the start ? should of fukkin rolled but i fukkin pulled (talkin bout pills but he blew trees) shouldnt of fukked it raw but i fukkin pulled ? i always hear a variation of the two

Trinidpl

Pro
Daps
he might drop an album finally just shootin the shyt though aint no news on ne new piffery, the boy tourin the states right now :sadbron:

Ohhh damn thanks tho for the info nd yeah thats good he touring tho gettin that money. I been listenin to his 3 mixtapes he culd sing . Ya droppin knowlege tho wit the meanings of the song neva though of it like that :scusthov:

livindajetlife

Superstar
Daps
thing is you'll never be sure i personally think he records his vocals in a way where its subjective an left up to each individual listenin experience.. obv some shyt you kno the dude sayin but its usually the last word in a bar or some that'll fukk wit you like in the after party brehs fukk is he sayin at the start ? should of fukkin rolled but i fukkin pulled (talkin bout pills but he blew trees) shouldnt of fukked it raw but i fukkin pulled ? i always hear a variation of the two

Damn thats some trill shyt.. who tf thinks of doin some shyt like that

KingX

Rookie
Daps
Reppin
NULL
when is dude dropping the zone video? i seen the video stills for it like 3 months ago and still waiting this nikka need to come out of hiding and blow up already

jadillac

Veteran
Daps
Here the deal...and keep in mind I hated this dudes music at first.

HOB - the most accessibly listenable to the casual music fan. Easy to remember/singable hooks, vocal melodies, etc. Closest to a retail release, therefore for many this is their fav album of his. It ranks #2 for me.

Thursday - Upon first listen...maybe even a few listens you wont appreciate it. One day at the gym I let it play, and I was a ZONE. No catchy hooks but the songs lock into a groove and the production is top notch/push the envelope type sh*t. "Gone", "Heaven or LV", "The Zone", "Thursday", "The Birds", etc. all jam. Ranks #1 for me

EOS - just not feelin it. I like the MJ remake and I like the song where he sings in French and I think track 3....but after that, it goes downhill for me.
Maybe in time it'll grow on me, but I dont see it right now.

Pool_Shark

Can’t move with me in this digital space
Daps
All his shyt is straight and I'm interested to see where his career will go. I wonder what his album is going to sound like. What bothers me is his personality and how he won't do interviews like he's some special new prince or some shyt. That doesn't and shouldn't matter when it comes to the music but it just bugs me that he takes his shyt so serious like he really has those vocals for real.

House of Balloons still goes hard though.

KingX

Rookie
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Everybody hates The Weeknd when they first hear him until they start to listen and understand his lyrics. Everybody got their fave weeknd mixtape order but honestly for me his best is EOS then HOB then Thursday. EOS is the most universally appealing.

Saka

Pro
Daps
Here the deal...and keep in mind I hated this dudes music at first.

HOB - the most accessibly listenable to the casual music fan. Easy to remember/singable hooks, vocal melodies, etc. Closest to a retail release, therefore for many this is their fav album of his. It ranks #2 for me.

Thursday - Upon first listen...maybe even a few listens you wont appreciate it. One day at the gym I let it play, and I was a ZONE. No catchy hooks but the songs lock into a groove and the production is top notch/push the envelope type sh*t. "Gone", "Heaven or LV", "The Zone", "Thursday", "The Birds", etc. all jam. Ranks #1 for me

EOS - just not feelin it. I like the MJ remake and I like the song where he sings in French and I think track 3....but after that, it goes downhill for me.
Maybe in time it'll grow on me, but I dont see it right now.

breh you dont fukk wit xo/the host > initation on eos that shyt straightttttt:smoker:

KingX

Rookie
Daps
Reppin
NULL
yall up on that rap genius site thats were i be getting the best The Weeknd song meanings

Saka

Pro
Daps
brehs that initation is the best rappy singy shyt the game ever seen imo... an the meet my boys part of the hook got a nikka thinkin you could take the literal meanin of meet my boys or rabbit hole goes deeper an nikka takin bout the drugs an tellin the bytch to meet em if she want his heart