The Weeknd: The Official Thread

franny

Pro
Daps
and alot of you nikkaz should know that he's on that subtle crippin sheet, if you really take him in and the house of balloons songs was about that in a lot of songs, basically introducing these hoes to this new era urban thuggin and trappin
explain breh :hmm:

livindajetlife

Superstar
Daps
i mean if you take in rolling stone you'll understand theres really not that much to that nikka
If you understand toronto dynamics, you understand that most kids here under 25 have lived in a 2 bedroom apartment with one parent for almost all their lives, and that most of their parents are 1st generation immigrants so a lot of these nikkas dont really have homes and they become extremely cliquish
He was getting too high for too long, he's one of them nikkaz in HS that made it cool to take bars, pop oxis and do anything under the table kuz he never "acts a fool with it"......The Mans like " So I take another hit kill another seritonin with a hand full of beans and a chest full of weed And a chest full of weed Got me singing bout a bytch
While I'm blowing out my steam
Yea I know I got my issues
Why you think I fukkin' flow?
And I'mma keep on smoking 'til I can't hit another note" very self explanatory..his brain is numb for everything but music

Weekend, is that u? Lol but naw yea i feel u.. i aint neva listen to him like that.. but the shyt ive heard is dope

MalickSyXShabbaz

FREEALLTHEDOVESANDBANANAS
Daps
explain breh :hmm:

he's crippin but in Toronto nikkas bang extremely subtly so he could be a singing ass ethiopian nikka but behind that he might be fukking wit some blue nikkas in his section....

Fast Life Crippin Yea We Still Tippin

On Loft Music he not saying "Cause i don't play" he's saying "Kuz I dont play unless its KEYs then ill play all day, you got dem keys we gon pay all day, White Dreams Fry Ya Brain All Day" ....the rapgenius/RnB/you not high version version is "Cause I don't play, unless it's keys (piano) then ill play all day, you like them keys we gon play all day, wet dreams fire brain all daY"

franny

Pro
Daps
he's crippin but in Toronto nikkas bang extremely subtly so he could be a singing ass ethiopian nikka but behind that he might be fukking wit some blue nikkas in his section....

On Loft Music he not saying "Cause i don't play" he's saying "Kuz I dont play unless its KEYs then ill play all day, you got dem keys we gon pay all day, White Dreams Fry Ya Brain All Day" ....the rapgenius/RnB/you not high version version is "Cause I don't play, unless it's keys (piano) then ill play all day, you like them keys we gon play all day, wet dreams fire brain all daY"
how you know this shyt? :gladbron:

Saka

Pro
Daps
If you know that Heaven or Las Vegas is an atheistic declaration...you're a Weeknd Stan

If You Realize that half the "Gones" in Gone are actually "God"..you're a weeknd stand

If you know that Life of The Party is about getting ya dikk sucked..you're a weeknd stan

Nah breh you dead wrong wit the first one .... second one ill give to ya cuz the way the nikka make his music sometimes you'll hear one thing next time you hear some other shyt.

Last one we :eat: its about a broad bein on some shyt pills coke w.e an she takin the whole crew :smoker:

MalickSyXShabbaz

Daps
take thursday for example rapgenius got it all wrong

"I Love Her....Today
Kuz its wednsday..I won't be laid
Now I neeed to know if you feel love when Im free"

and
"Not on Monday Tuesday Wendsday Friday Saturday Sunday but on thursday...What Are Monday Tuesday Wednsday Friday Saturday Sunday Without thursday.."

Grano-Grano

The Bando
Daps
Reppin
Skrilla

Abel is a former trapper. Take my word on it :yes: :yes:

MalickSyXShabbaz

Daps
Nah breh you dead wrong wit the first one .... second one ill give to ya cuz the way the nikka make his music sometimes you'll hear one thing next time you hear some other shyt.

Last one we :eat: its about a broad bein on some shyt pills coke w.e an she takin the whole crew :smoker:
i could be wrong With the HOLV one
bro the last thing I hear with the first one is him going from "Heck yea" to "Hell Yea" to "Atheissst" take in the track after the second verses end and listen to his vocals and listen to the girls vocals and tell me what you hear... even on the Morning sometimes its "Im fukking Gone Right now" and other times its "I Think Im God Right now"...Gone straight up I know he says "I've Been God"

Saka

Pro
Daps
i could be wrong With the HOLV one
bro the last thing I hear with the first one is him going from "Heck yea" to "Hell Yea" to "Atheissst" take in the track after the second verses end and listen to his vocals and listen to the girls vocals and tell me what you hear... even on the Morning sometimes its "Im fukking Gone Right now" and other times its "I Think Im God Right now"...Gone straight up I know he says "I've Been God"

the dude layers his vocals alot .. lemme break this shyt down for ya breh :win: "they say they want heaven, they say they want god.. i say i have heaven i say i am god" . hes sayin hes the god of his reality whatever he concieves in his mind he can have it .. thus hes concieved heaven an thats what hes rewarded with most people fail to understand that there the masters of their fate an the captains of their soul so they yearn for heaven and bliss :smoker:

MalickSyXShabbaz

Daps
the dude layers his vocals alot .. lemme break this shyt down for ya breh :win: "they say they want heaven, they say they want god.. i say i have heaven i say i am god" . hes sayin hes the god of his reality whatever he concieves in his mind he can have it .. thus hes concieved heaven an thats what hes rewarded with most people fail to understand that there the masters of their fate an the captains of their soul so they yearn for heaven and bliss :smoker:

nah b that part is as simple as god..im talking about after teh second verse ends.... .on rapgenius i made a post about it http://rapgenius.com/The-weeknd-heaven-or-las-vegas-lyrics

take in the song from 3:50 and look out for what I noted
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=dXbJ8-38yHw