The Weeknd: The Official Thread

MalickSyXShabbaz

FREEALLTHEDOVESANDBANANAS
Daps
What would yall say is his best songs.. post some youtube links

every song..the thing about the weeknd is that at first you 'll play all the songs passively on youtube hate all the songs except for one(me it was Loft Music), then you'll just play the mixtape while you're high (or focused) one dayand be like :dwillhuh: this shyt knocks...repeat the process for all three tapes.

THEN

Once you know all the songs, every 2 weeks your favorite song will change
Since December(when i started stanning him) my favorite songs in chronological order

Montreal
The Morning
Wicked Games
The Party and the After Party
Gone
The Birds Pt.2
High For This
Heaven or Las Vegas
Crew Love
The Zone
Thursday
The Knowing
Coming Down
House of Balloons
What You Need
Gone
Heaven or Las Vegas (ATM)

shyt stays changing

MalickSyXShabbaz

Daps
but as soon as he starts getting that mainstream attention, them hipsters gonna be all :noah: because they don't have him to themselves anymore. Bunch of fickle fukks. Can't wait until he starts getting his shine though. 3 classics within a year? Where they do that at?

I mean he basically tells you that himself in Rolling Stone..he's aware of the trajectory that his career can take, but he knows that he's too talented/deep to not succeeed

MalickSyXShabbaz

Daps
and alot of you nikkaz should know that he's on that subtle crippin sheet, if you really take him in and the house of balloons songs was about that in a lot of songs, basically introducing these hoes to this new era urban thuggin and trappin

Grano-Grano

The Bando
Daps
Reppin
Skrilla
and alot of you nikkaz should know that he's on that subtle crippin sheet, if you really take him in and the house of balloons songs was about that in a lot of songs, basically introducing these hoes to this new era urban thuggin and trappin

Don't hip them....

MalickSyXShabbaz

Daps
Don't hip them....

:scheming:

im not gon lie..the First time I heard the After Party my mind was blown kuz i had read the lyrics before on rapgenius(doesnt do it justicE) and played it in the background...then i took a hit of a blunt and let it ride...amazing :ahh: experience especially on the third With You of the first hook and the last With You of the third hook :ahh:

Premeditated

MANDE KANG
Daps
Reppin
IMMIGRANT TETHERS
If you know that Heaven or Las Vegas is an atheistic declaration...you're a Weeknd Stan

If You Realize that half the "Gones" in Gone are actually "God"..you're a weeknd stand

If you know that Life of The Party is about getting ya dikk sucked..you're a weeknd stan

okay, now you're reaching on this one.

edit:never mind, misread

livindajetlife

Superstar
Daps
every song..the thing about the weeknd is that at first you 'll play all the songs passively on youtube hate all the songs except for one(me it was Loft Music), then you'll just play the mixtape while you're high (or focused) one dayand be like :dwillhuh: this shyt knocks...repeat the process for all three tapes.

THEN

Once you know all the songs, every 2 weeks your favorite song will change
Since December(when i started stanning him) my favorite songs in chronological order

Montreal
The Morning
Wicked Games
Gone
The Birds Pt.2
High For This
Heaven or Las Vegas
Crew Love
The Zone
Thursday
The Knowing
Coming Down
House of Balloons
What You Need
Gone
Heaven or Las Vegas (ATM)

shyt stays changing

Props... im already fukkin with gone and the morning:smoker:

MalickSyXShabbaz

Daps
okay, now you're reaching on this one.

im not...its about teh whole clique getting it in with one bytch.shes the life of the party.....do yourself a favor, take some good headphones and listen to the voice whispering in the background as an ad lib throughout the whole song and see what it says

Grano-Grano

The Bando
Daps
Reppin
Skrilla
:win:
:scheming:

im not gon lie..the First time I heard the After Party my mind was blown kuz i had read the lyrics before on rapgenius(doesnt do it justicE) and played it in the background...then i took a hit of a blunt and let it ride...amazing :ahh: experience especially on the third With You of the first hook and the last With You of the third hook :ahh:

First time I heard Loft Music, I knew this nikka was a trapper. Abel is a real nikka, he does it subtly:win:

MalickSyXShabbaz

Daps
Lol maybe its just me but why this nikka seem like he some mystic ass person lol

i mean if you take in rolling stone you'll understand theres really not that much to that nikka
If you understand toronto dynamics, you understand that most kids here under 25 have lived in a 2 bedroom apartment with one parent for almost all their lives, and that most of their parents are 1st generation immigrants so a lot of these nikkas dont really have homes and they become extremely cliquish
He was getting too high for too long, he's one of them nikkaz in HS that made it cool to take bars, pop oxis and do anything under the table kuz he never "acts a fool with it"......The Mans like " So I take another hit kill another seritonin with a hand full of beans and a chest full of weed And a chest full of weed Got me singing bout a bytch
While I'm blowing out my steam
Yea I know I got my issues
Why you think I fukkin' flow?
And I'mma keep on smoking 'til I can't hit another note" very self explanatory..his brain is numb for everything but music