The Weekend Box Office thread

Jplaya2023

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Depends on where you live and the length of your initial "contract". I pay $35/month and see 100ish movies a year probably.

You can only see each movie once, it doesn't cover 3D or IMAX, and you can only use it once every 24 hours....but none of that bothers me.

:EHH: for 30 a month i better be able to see 3D/IMAX HD, SD, HDMI lmao etc.. as many times as i wish. That had some potential though. Most of the movies i see are 3D. especially these new joints.

Poetical Poltergeist

Precise and cold hearted
Daps
Reppin
Mile in the Sky
:EHH: for 30 a month i better be able to see 3D/IMAX HD, SD, HDMI lmao etc.. as many times as i wish. That had some potential though. Most of the movies i see are 3D. especially these new joints.
An old trick that still works is buy ticket for the non 3d version. Then hit up one of the aloof teens who works near the door and tell them u didn't realize u bought tix for the 3d version and you need your 3d glasses. They will go retrieve you a pair. Worked for me 3 out of 3 times over the past year. :win:

Jplaya2023

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
An old trick that still works is buy ticket for the non 3d version. Then hit up one of the aloof teens who works near the door and tell them u didn't realize u bought tix for the 3d version and you need your 3d glasses. They will go retrieve you a pair. Worked for me 3 out of 3 times over the past year. :win:

I stay with 3D glasses in the car so i understand, but if you paying 360 a year i better be able to see 3D movies with that :patrice:

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
hollywood may be pumping out too many blockbusters :manny:
i agree, i actually only make it a goal to get to the movies for action/comic/CGI films since i think they're the only ones worth spending dough on to see on the big screen (and sometimes there's a black movie i want to support) but this year, i feel like there have been too many action/hero flicks back to back. i'm not trying to spend my life in a theater, so i've missed quite a few

Interloper

Lurker Extraordinaire
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The 219

the cool

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Or go to the buy tickets yourself machine and purchase the child's ticket price

HHR

Do what you love
Daps

If you actually care or WANT to see movie in 3D, then yeah, this ain't for you.

But I fukking hate 3D, with very few exceptions (Gravity, Life Of Pi & Avatar).

After a quick calculation, I've used my pass 45 times this year. So through 6 months, I've paid about $4.60 a movie instead of $9+. No brainer for me.

FlyRy

Superstar
Daps
If you actually care or WANT to see movie in 3D, then yeah, this ain't for you.

But I fukking hate 3D, with very few exceptions (Gravity, Life Of Pi & Avatar).

After a quick calculation, I've used my pass 45 times this year. So through 6 months, I've paid about $4.60 a movie instead of $9+. No brainer for me.

the only 3 that have EVER been worth it

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
Deliver us from Evil may be a sleeper hit this weekend. The Conjuring dropped around the same time last year and cleaned up. Deliver us may not be as good as the conjuring and I don't think it has the buzz but horror fans love horror and fans always come out

FlyRy

Superstar
Daps
Deliver us from Evil may be a sleeper hit this weekend. The Conjuring dropped around the same time last year and cleaned up. Deliver us may not be as good as the conjuring and I don't think it has the buzz but horror fans love horror and fans always come out
I predicted conjuring would be #1 in a thread last year and people said i was nuts :heh:

i'm not getting the same feeling for this one.. we'll see though

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
I predicted conjuring would be #1 in a thread last year and people said i was nuts :heh:

i'm not getting the same feeling for this one.. we'll see though

I don't think it'll be number 1 but a strong number 2

:what: nikkas really doubted the conjuring being #1??? What world are we living in? Guess they forgot Insidious was a hit and it was from the same director and horror movies kill in the summer time. Good think those cats don't work for studios:sas2: