The Weekend Box Office thread

HHR

Do what you love
Daps
Crazy that this is the first 100 million opening this year and we're basically in July. Box office will probably be down this year

http://www.boxofficemojo.com/yearly/?view2=ytdcompare&p=.htm

It's "only" down about $50M to this point....and that's before Trans4mers just bowed.

It's too bad, because it's been a pretty great summer of blockbusters so far. The only tentpole release I didn't care for as ASM2. I've enjoyed everything else A LOT.

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
That means that those same cats who bytch and complain about Michael Bay went to see it. And he said recently that he accepts the criticism especially since they're going to see the movie anyway and he's 100% right. This is why those type of cats will never have any true power because they don't realize the power of the dollar (no 50 cent). Until they learn to vote with their money, shyt will never change. I'm good with it tho because I don't spend money on stuff I don't want to see or waste energy talking about stuff I don't want to see. If you feel guilty about that statement tho:sas2:
Eh.:manny:
I tend to go see everything no matter what...I was a first day ticket buyer for Shark Night 3-D:sadcam:. I figure I can't hate on shyt properly unless I see it.:jawalrus:

Poetical Poltergeist

Precise and cold hearted
Daps
Reppin
Mile in the Sky
That means that those same cats who bytch and complain about Michael Bay went to see it. And he said recently that he accepts the criticism especially since they're going to see the movie anyway and he's 100% right. This is why those type of cats will never have any true power because they don't realize the power of the dollar (no 50 cent). Until they learn to vote with their money, shyt will never change. I'm good with it tho because I don't spend money on stuff I don't want to see or waste energy talking about stuff I don't want to see. If you feel guilty about that statement tho:sas2:
Ive been shyttin on bay and I didn't and don't plan on going to see it.

:sas2:

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
Eh.:manny:
I tend to go see everything no matter what...I was a first day ticket buyer for Shark Night 3-D:sadcam:. I figure I can't hate on shyt properly unless I see it.:jawalrus:

I agree that you can't be a proper voice about something unless you see it. Dudes kicking dirt on something they haven't seen is insane to me

HHR

Do what you love
Daps

My MoviePass membership makes decisions like this easy :blessed:

Sure, I'm still giving money to Bay/a shytty movie, but it doesn't change the $35/month I'm paying to see everything else

LurkMoar

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
is there any movie franchise that basically says fukk the critics more than the transformers series? :mjlol:

all the movies been getting shytted on something fierce in all the reviews... 100 milli opening weekend :mjlol:

4 got a got damn 17% fresh rating, bay the gawd wins again :umad:

HHR

Do what you love
Daps
so its $30 a month?

Depends on where you live and the length of your initial "contract". I pay $35/month and see 100ish movies a year probably.

You can only see each movie once, it doesn't cover 3D or IMAX, and you can only use it once every 24 hours....but none of that bothers me.

Savior

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
#byrdgang
Bay bout to put move critics out of business....really whats the point of their jobs if a 17% movie is the top earner of the year? Basically writing just to write but influencing no one :ohhh:

LurkMoar

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Bay bout to put move critics out of business....really whats the point of their jobs if a 17% movie is the top earner of the year? Basically writing just to write but influencing no one :ohhh:

I think at this point its fair to say that transformers is a critic proof franchise, doest matter how shytty you tell people it is they will go to watch giant robots destroy each other in imax 3D.

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
I think at this point its fair to say that transformers is a critic proof franchise, doest matter how shytty you tell people it is they will go to watch giant robots destroy each other in imax 3D.

Horror movies are like that too same with comedies. Something as subjective as horror has always been critic proof. Now obviously if critics get on board with something that can work in the films favor but if they're kicking dirt on the latest Friday the 13th, it really doesn't matter.