The Void (2017) - Official Thread

ℒℴѵℯJay ELECTUA

Return of the Khryst
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
ℒℴѵℯJay ELECTUA
The candle, weed and dark room were conducive to my passing out towards the end though :russ::yeshrug:
fa463d5a825d9a0c3cd3e463dee7d3b4.gif

Roaden Polynice

Superstar
Daps
Really frustrating movie. Some great things. Some stuff that was :dwillhuh: and sort of half baked

Plus looking back I just keep thinking...with a decent budget this would've been amazing.

Daps
Reppin
Denver
Really frustrating movie. Some great things. Some stuff that was :dwillhuh: and sort of half baked

Plus looking back I just keep thinking...with a decent budget this would've been amazing.
I don't think budget was the problem, it was the writing. These dudes can clearly make a good looking horror movie even on a tiny budget, they just need to outsource the script next time.

Jx2

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL

This. I think the only thing holding this movie back was it fizzled in the third act and there were obvious budgetary constraints.

My hope is that this gives them enough juice to garner a bigger budget next go round because they deserve it. They clearly know how to set a tone for their films. They just need to tighten up their execution (get it? :demonic:) and get some more capital to execute their vision

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
It's funny how none of the scenes from the first trailer are even in the movie. I realize it was a proof of concept trailer but still....that doesn't happen very often.

Fred.

Daps
I don't think budget was the problem, it was the writing. These dudes can clearly make a good looking horror movie even on a tiny budget, they just need to outsource the script next time.
Exactly.

On the list of problems with this film, the budget was near the bottom - the look of it was the only decent thing about it. Everything else was pretty much trash, the script especially. The worst film I've seen this year.

Last edited:

Jx2

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I've like this more on its second viewing actually. It's a love letter to so many horror movies and HP Lovecraft.

Not to mention the GMB horror movie revelation at 1:10:00 when the psychotic cult doctor calls Canadian Aaron Paul out for being relieved when his wife's kid flatlined :picard::hubie:

Edit: second viewing held up much more now that I was able to stay awake. My only problem at the end was the pretentious last shot with them in "the void" and staring up at the pyramid with no explanation. unless theres a mid credit post movie scene ive missed fukk you on that account. Aside from that, this was a rather great horror movie actually. It was a horror movie that payed excessive homage somehow without pandering or being a paint by number :smugbiden:.

I'd give it a B+ / A-

Last edited:

Mowgli

Veteran
Daps
Watched 30 minutes and it had the markings of a good mirror movie

I like how they threw villains into the mix with a greater villain.

That idiot saving that lunatic

That dumb ass Dr thinking he couldn't get that work

Will probably finish today