The Very First Time You Saw The Last 30 Minutes Of Scarface...

get these nets

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Above the fray.
[

I saw this film years before Scarface....HUIH came out in 1973
Stone had a better budget, and it was done a higher level but you can see the clear influence here.......

3-4 scenes from HUIH are jacked.....Next time I watch either film I'll remember and try to post, but the shootout scene in Scarface was so well done and violent that it doesn't look like they jacked the shot, but they did.
The Black guy who is down with the mob is given an assignment to kill somebody......inside a car...and he says "look, I ain't killing no women and no kids"

look at Margaret Avery on the ground bleeding .....and the color of her dress.....then watch Gina in Scarface....
Oliver Stone was on some Cleo McDowell shyt with this scene

hqdefault.jpg

JACKIN FOR BEATS

Geek Nasty

Brain Knowledgeably Whizzy
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
South Kakalaka
I rewatched this recently. I noticed a few things I didnt’ before. First off, Frank and Tony are opposites and you get a lot of clues throughout. Frank is smart, but he doesn’t have “balls.” Tony has balls, but isn’t smart. He tells you that “all i have in this world is my balls and my word and I don’t break em for nobody.”

Tony never figures out that Sosa kills Omar just for getting in the way of the deal he needs to move all his coke. Frank is smart enough to know Sosa is a scumbag who’ll stab you in the back. I knew this before, but at the lunch scene Sosa and his henchman aren’t on a phone call they’re listening in on Omar and Tony arguing.

Also, it’s Sosa who rats out Tony (how he gets caught in the money counting scene) because he needs him for the hit. Just as Frank predicted, he stabbed him in the back. That’s why Frank was smart enough to only do one-off deals with Sosa.

old pig

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
shyt hit me hard...despite it not being the most technically sound movie it still told a great cautionary tale of how greed/power can corrupt absolutely...hate to sound cliche but it is one of my favorite movies...dude came from shyt...had it all and lost control of everything and had everything around him crumble

old pig

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I always found it Ironic that the one time a self professed degenerate like Tony does a good deed and leave the "wimehn an kiz" it's the consequences that leads to him being terminated.

Plus I still maintain that the punk that snuck up behind him knew he couldn't shoot the fair one face to face with the amount of Marching Powder in Tony's system.:umad:

:mjlol:

old pig

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
i was surprised tbh, i thought he could of survived but the last shot to the back got him

he was done either way...even if he survived that encounter...he was facing that tax evasion case I think it was where they caught him counting all that $$$...dude was done no matter what

re'up

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
San Diego
Two of my closest homies were legit 'kingpins' just for weed, and they were just like Tony and Manny lol

we laugh about that all the time. My homie used to act just like Frank, and I still clown him

"where are we going? The BABYLON CLUB"

The Guru

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
To this day idiots put his poster up. Like they didn't see how the story ends. Dead sister, killed his best friend and got turned into a cubano sandwich..